HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:09 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Squash this. Y'all both are smarty pants, the end.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:12 PM
I am the law!

Huh? Did you not see the lyrics?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Why do you always do this? Mizrahi is a businessman who made his fortunes in dry cleaning. How is his resume definitive proof? I'm a real estate speculator/developer too. The obviously choice would have been to contact GFL. Regardless, Mizrahi made it abundantly clear this is not top down construction.

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

Just to be abundantly clear once again ... this is not me ... this is what others in the know have posted on SSP

LOL too predictable, even when faced with the facts from the developer you continue to argue like you have some sort of behind the scenes intel on his project he is unaware of. I'm sorry his answer wasn't the one you were after. I'm sorry he was able to finance and start to build the building you said would never happen. I'm sorry you seem to hate so many people. Continue being the ass you are. I will take the developers words over yours any day who said himself this is a hybrid for of top down but not 100%. I can admit we are both correct and wrong here, seems you can't. Hey WS, if the sky was clear today what colour would you say it is? I'd say blue.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 5:48 PM

I've got no dog in this fight. And I am certainly not an architecture aficionado so I can't comment on the veracity of things being said on here. But God damn, WS, why are you always so abrasive and contrarian?

I don't follow a lot of threads on here, but in the ones I do check in on from time to time, it seems when you're posting, there is way more negativity in your posts than positivity or neutrality.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 6:10 PM
I am the law!

I'm a stickler for facts. If that makes me a smarty pants than so be it. There's nothing more embarrassing about a society when an intelligent, educated and, experience person "dumbs" themselves down like we see during election campaigns.

It's funny how it always comes to me. I've been civil despite being called troll this and troll that. That's not a word you take lightly on a forum. This isn't the first time he brought up top construction after being told otherwise (and, again, not by me) which is why I didn't let it go. He lured Caltrane into this falsehood. Now, he's grasping for air despite saying he's willing to admit to being wrong. Look at his signature. You think this is over? Technically, he's not even wrong. It's faith in urbantoronto that led him astray.

As for your final words, so what? Why should it matter that I don't see development as glowingly as others and the fact quality may be in decline. I'm not being deliberately contrary by saying a project is crap after someone gives it a top mark. I'm just expressing opinion. It's not an insult directed at the poster. People have to stop being offended so quickly.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 6:38 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Listen bro, there's nothing wrong with having opinions, but when someone clearly states they don't want to engage with you, then it's wise to respect that request. Otherwise it becomes an unpleasant pissing match. There's more than one kind of intelligence, social intelligence is half, just my two cents.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 6:39 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
I'm a stickler for facts. If that makes me a smarty pants than so be it. There's nothing more embarrassing about a society when an intelligent, educated and, experience person "dumbs" themselves down like we see during election campaigns.

It's funny how it always comes to me. I've been civil despite being called troll this and troll that. That's not a word you take lightly on a forum. This isn't the first time he brought up top construction after being told otherwise (and, again, not by me) which is why I didn't let it go. He lured Caltrane into this falsehood. Now, he's grasping for air despite saying he's willing to admit to being wrong. Look at his signature. You think this is over? Technically, he's not even wrong. It's faith in urbantoronto that led him astray.

As for your final words, so what? Why should it matter that I don't see development as glowingly as others and the fact quality may be in decline. I'm not being deliberately contrary by saying a project is crap after someone gives it a top mark. I'm just expressing opinion. It's not an insult directed at the poster. People have to stop being offended so quickly.

Dude, you're abrasive. You come across as a snide, condescending know it all, and that's just a part of your personality. You'll never be all "sweetness, rainbows and butterflies" like a someone123 or insertusername, but you're still smart, articulate, knowledgeable and passionate about architecture and urban issues. So as long as you're enjoying yourself and you don't plan on entering any popularity contests, I wouldn't worry about it. People will get offended, and they'll eventually recover.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 7:25 PM

And as UT have pointed out (and through my experience) - I'd take Josh's word on things

Quote:
The information in our front page story came straight from Mizrahi Developments, from Sam's Vice President of Development, Josh Lax. (If we put something on the front page, we have researched it.)

What you are seeing is not top-down construction. It is standard excavation, but with a platform being built for staging purposes as it's a tight site.

We've seen this on many Toronto construction sites in the last couple of years as the City becomes more reluctant to give space on streets over to construction work. Sam calling it a hybrid is a little over-the-top.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 7:34 PM
I am the law!

But I am popular. Just not on SSP. That's what makes it entertaining and interesting. No mention of the hostilities being directed towards me by Andrew. It's my abrasiveness towards the perpetuation of this top down nonsense that garners a response. Worst of all, it's convincing because of the perception that a developer would know all the technicalities of their development.

I've been there. None of my buddies and I had a clue at the time and we still wouldn't know even half the shit needed to pull it off successfully. We still managed to design, rezoning a tower development with a solid business case which we flipped for a nice profit. We hired people to do it.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 8:07 PM

Building a laydown and site office area on the side of an excavation pit is not top down construction, nor is it some form of contrived hybrid top down construction. It's digging a regular pit and suspending a small platform above it.

This is beyond silly.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 8:58 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
But I am popular. Just not on SSP. That's what makes it entertaining and interesting. No mention of the hostilities being directed towards me by Andrew. It's my abrasiveness towards the perpetuation of this top down nonsense that garners a response. Worst of all, it's convincing because of the perception that a developer would know all the technicalities of their development.
You're right, the hysterical responses and name calling that you've been subjected to is silly. You just seem to be tough enough to not require any defending so it's easier just to give a good groan or an eye roll and not add to the post clutter.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 10:57 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Listen bro, there's nothing wrong with having opinions, but when someone clearly states they don't want to engage with you, then it's wise to respect that request. Otherwise it becomes an unpleasant pissing match. There's more than one kind of intelligence, social intelligence is half, just my two cents.
Opinions are being posted as facts based on wrong information. It doesn't matter who the poster is because it's not personal. Andrew may have stated something along those lines but, he has never actually committed to it. He revels in it since he first joined the forum two dozen accounts ago. I ignore him more often than engage him. It's only when he posts something factually wrong that I respond and only to bring light to the error.

He's already gloating through misrepresenting my speculations on this development from years ago and it's barely a hole in the ground. Just wait if this one gets completed without any hiccups along the way.

Seriously dude. I posted a link to urbantoronto.ca that states the previous article was wrong in assuming top down was the method being used here as a conclusion to the ongoing speculation. This led to a troll this and troll that response and how he only trusts urbantoronto.ca. He didn't even check the link.

Interesting two cents there. I'd love to go further with it but, I see your point that no one else cares.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Jul 12, 2018 at 11:15 PM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 2:08 AM
Community Guy

@ianoyeg

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 8:45 PM
ARTchitecture

A suite of photos of Telus Sky I have taken over the past two days.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 10:02 PM
Community Guy

Love that last shot, wow!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 10:22 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Beautiful set! Both of Alberta's big cities are really cranking out some monsters

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 10:42 PM

Walked by telus sky today and It's grown on me since I saw it this time last year when only the first couple floors had cladding on them. I think it's a pretty special project.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 1:47 PM
gettin' rich!

I'm just happy Toronto is building its first supertall, top-down construction or not, we should celebrate. Everyone is berating Toronto for not having any.

Hopefully another 3 more supertalls in the pipeline, One Yonge is next, probably don't have to wait much longer and that one will be under construction.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 7:02 PM
Community Guy

@ianoyeg

Last edited by Coldrsx; Jul 15, 2018 at 8:58 PM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 2:13 AM
Intergalactic Barfly

#6 - 10 York, 224 metres, 68 floors

[IMG][/IMG]
Pic by me today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada