HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 8:50 PM
BANNED

1144 15th Street - Construction and News

Hope this isn't a gigantic hex on the project...but 40 stories / 625 feet deserves its own thread....a few new pictures from Picard Chilton website:

Thoughts on this side of the parking podium?...

that is some serious uplighting!

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:06 PM

This is the building that's similar to the Hines-developed tower in Calgary, correct? I was in Calgary last week and saw that building up close and in the flesh, and it is shaaaaarp! Can't wait until this one starts rising.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
Hope this isn't a gigantic hex on the project...but 40 stories / 625 feet deserves its own thread....a few new pictures from Picard Chilton website:

that is some serious uplighting!
No, it's perfectly fine for a major project. It's a beautifully phallic building, too. Quite thick. please forgive me

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:11 PM
The Drifter

Sexy, and now I am jealous.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:

I don't think the parking podium will stick out nearly as much as this rendering shows...it almost looks like the rendering has the building sited on the old Great Gulf site (or even closer) when it should be back directly adjacent and to the left of the Four Seasons. I think it will be fine.

EDIT: This is the actual view when taken from Google...you can see that the building will actually be quite a bit further back than shown in the rendering. It actually almost looks like the rendering shows the building on the corner of Speer and Market!
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 11:09 PM
BANNED

that makes sense...it will be pushed in and back a bit.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 2:37 AM

From that angle you won't even be able to see the podium. It will be covered by the 22 story 1401 Lawrence.

Driving down Lawrence it will be a little jarring but I've heard it will at least be precast concrete. There is a proposal (rendering has been posted before) for a 30 story apartment tower on the lot next to Four Seasons so that would effectively cover it up.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 5:42 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Maybe its been mentioned already, but is there a set date for construction to start on this bad boy? Hopefully they configure some illumination on this sleek new tower.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post
Maybe its been mentioned already, but is there a set date for construction to start on this bad boy? Hopefully they configure some illumination on this sleek new tower.
May 2015 start if all goes as planned. That would probably mean a late 2017 finish, and some really tall (700+ ft) crane(s) up for a couple years.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 3:12 PM
BANNED

oh man..i thought it was this fall and that they had already applied for shoring permit?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 6:26 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
May 2015 start if all goes as planned. That would probably mean a late 2017 finish, and some really tall (700+ ft) crane(s) up for a couple years.
Well the crane will not be initially assembled at 700'. There is an OSHA regulation which allows stand alone tower cranes up to a certain height. As the crane(s) rise with the building, the crane will be supported onto the building's structure to eventually the cranes' full height.

-sb

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Well the crane will not be initially assembled at 700'. There is an OSHA regulation which allows stand alone tower cranes up to a certain height. As the crane(s) rise with the building, the crane will be supported onto the building's structure to eventually the cranes' full height.
True, they will likely be self climbers and at their top height will be 700+ for a few months while they erect the steel for the crown and install the curtain wall panels, as well as any rooftop mechanical equipment. Either way they'll be taller cranes than Denver has seen since Four Seasons went up.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 5:21 AM

First off yes you did just jinx it because you didn't knock on wood lol.
Second since when did it go from 590 ft to 625 ? Max crane height maybe around 650 plus or minus some....

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 2:52 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Now this project, we'll for sure get the cool luffing jib cranes thanks to the 4s next door. So it'll probably look something like this:

By jgacis
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 3:56 PM

^ And Brooks Tower. I think they will have one self-climbing tower crane at the corner of 15th & Lawrence that will go to the full height of the tower erecting the steel structure, precast at the garage and curtain wall. And then maybe another luffing jib crane on the other side by Arapahoe that will mostly erect the concrete garage (deck and column forms, rebar, etc). They will likely be shutting down the sidewalk, parking and traffic lanes all around so there goes the 15th St bikeway between Arapahoe & Lawrence.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 4:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoneymaker View Post
First off yes you did just jinx it because you didn't knock on wood lol.
Second since when did it go from 590 ft to 625 ? Max crane height maybe around 650 plus or minus some....
HA...let's hope not...regarding the height...i can't recall who, but somebody mentioned it on the main dev thread based on the most recent submission.

ryan - where is that pic from? SF..Boston?

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 4:41 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
ryan - where is that pic from? SF..Boston?
It's from LA! Wilshire Grand tower development. 73 stories, 1,099 ft.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 5:28 AM

So is this tower legit?
Is it actually going to see the light of day? Is there any word on a groundbreaking date? Because to be honest to see a tower like this go up in or city would be freaking awesome. The last time we seen anything like this was Four Seasons.

I was also curious if there's been any updates on the confluence tower?

Come on Denver become the great city you were born to be. Let those towers rise baby!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 2:57 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post
So is this tower legit?
Is it actually going to see the light of day? Is there any word on a groundbreaking date?
Yes, it's legit as any other proposal that has financing lined up. A May 2015 groundbreaking has been announced.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 5:14 PM

May 2015!!!

That's a long ways out, but it'll be here before we know it thanks Wong.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West