HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy View Post
has to be smaller scale to fit the north st b neighbourhood.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 2:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
Is it only allowed to be a max of seven stories ? Like the East exchange has a limit. I think some nice condos with at least 15 floors along the west side of the red would be amazing and showcase the downtown very well.
In a twisted way, the more land developed with smaller projects, the more demand there would be for other sites, of which there are plenty, not only potential sites nearby (also in the form of old homes which could be razed), but across the river in Point Douglas, and the area bordered by Waterfront, Main, Disraeli, and James. Obviously we want density, but there are so many sites which need to be developed.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2016, 6:56 PM

Quote:
I agree. I expect it will be more upscale than some of the Qualico condos on the street. I expect they will sell quickly. If I had the cash I would buy one as an investment.
Totally could be awesome development. I'd love to see a unique design. Top floors would have amazing views of the city and down the river.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 4:32 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
Hey, that's fantastic. A small-ish project but one that will have a lot of punch. The east side of the Red River is sadly underdeveloped around there, just giving people a nice place to walk to will open it up to more people.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 4:48 PM

There's already a paved trail which spans that stretch of riverbank. But the treetop outlook and all that sounds pretty nice.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 7:23 PM

It is a nice project, and the added bonus of enhancing the area for pedestrians, neglected for some time as mentioned. The often overlooked portion of this is aprx: 1/3 the budget goes to River Stabilization. Who notices it really unless you have property adjacent to the Red, more so then on the Assiniboine.

It's a major stretch of River Bank in the core, and if unatended to, you'll just loose more and more river bank land...the nature of our location and soil makeup, I've struggled with this with the loss of property on Dunkirk Dr in the past.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipe...e-project.html

Nice though, I Hope the lights portrayed are as pictured in the render when all is said and done. They remind me of the Disraeli PED bridge..

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 10:06 PM

its like a mini version of the absolutely amazing boardwalk in Austin, TX. so excited for this project!!!

Last edited by Jeff; Mar 15, 2016 at 11:51 PM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2016, 7:27 AM
Back from the dead

That looks like a great place to get mugged. I can't wait !

I'm kidding. Looks great.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2016, 7:31 AM
BANNED

Yay, more people making self-depreciating "jokes" about kick-ass projects happening in Winnipeg! Love it!!!!!

I'm kidding.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2016, 2:02 PM

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vie...BPromenade.pdf

This PDF contains everything you want to know about the Tache Promenade project.

Old Posted May 8, 2016, 9:18 PM

Quoted from Construction thread: Bumped St. Boniface discussion..

Quote:
I think I am going for a walk down Provencher
Love it, great idea..

For those of us who can't take a walk, heres the Google Street view for the virtual tour..

I'll start at Provencher and Tache..July.2015 view...

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.89123...7i13312!8i6656

I see a multitude of residential SFD and MFD, do we expropriate them? Esquire brought up a good point. It's a truck route for all intents and purposes. Provencher is progressing at a reasonable pace.

Last edited by Cyro; May 8, 2016 at 9:59 PM. Reason: typo.........

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Quoted from Construction thread: Bumped St. Boniface discussion..

Love it, great idea..

For those of us who can't take a walk, heres the Google Street view for the virtual tour..

I'll start at Provencher and Tache..July.2015 view...

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.89123...7i13312!8i6656

I see a multitude of residential SFD and MFD, do we expropriate them? Esquire brought up a good point. It's a truck route for all intents and purposes. Provencher is progressing at a reasonable pace.

the propsed project at 825 Tache will be a bit of a bellweather undertaking for the area I think. very interested to see how this roles out. also some good infill opportunities could flow out of the parmalat plant move from the area.

with respect to the Tache Promenade proposal, it is regrettable the city wont commit to shoring up the riverbank to allow the Winnipeg Foundation to build the walkway and treetop lookout. I am starting to think that matt allard might rub his councellor colleagues the wrong way. he can come off as being a bit of a dick. quite the opposite of dan vandal. just a hunch, but he has been pushing hard to get support for this project and doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 6:30 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

wonder if 155 provonches ever guna get filled seems to of been a dead in the water blip since it was demolished for that stuco box a decade ago.

now this

and i gues viking found a place to park and walk to work from while grabing a coffe from caffe postal am i right? cause who doesnt wana walk across the provonchea bridge everymorning to that sweet sweet view

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 1:16 PM

Speaking of dead in the water, goes Riel Corp do anything for that area other than hold public planning sessions? A little harsh maybe but the lack of progress in developing all those prime spots is frustrating.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 5:19 AM
surely you agree with me

Ha. I liked that proposal. Good find.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 4:03 PM

Quote:
the propsed project at 825 Tache will be a bit of a bellweather undertaking for the area I think. very interested to see how this roles out. also some good infill opportunities could flow out of the parmalat plant move from the area.

with respect to the Tache Promenade proposal, it is regrettable the city wont commit to shoring up the riverbank to allow the Winnipeg Foundation to build the walkway and treetop lookout. I am starting to think that matt allard might rub his councellor colleagues the wrong way. he can come off as being a bit of a dick. quite the opposite of dan vandal. just a hunch, but he has been pushing hard to get support for this project and doesn't seem to be getting any traction.

Quite happy with the proposal, the riverbanks are an incredible opportunity in the area. Great time of year to actually get on a boat and cruise the Red, before the foliage covers the banks in it's canopy. Different perspective when seeing the city this way.

Don't really follow many city councilors to any degree, but I thought this was going ahead? The Promenade would have been quite the addition to this stretch of river. Unfortunate news.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 12:03 PM

825 Tache update. I am on the Sunstone mailing list for this proposal. Finalizing proposal for community committee consideration this summer. Looking at seven stories. Four proposed floor plans are out ( 780-1135 sq.ft.).
For those who don't know, this property is on the river side of Tache and immediately north of the high line. It my opinion it will sell out quickly, in spite of the train traffic. I don't think I could stand it though (and I love trains). The views in three directions will be phenomenal.

Another interesting aspect is that the city is keeping a right of way between the rail line and the condo project as a possible rapid transit corridor.
No prices yet. Anyone wanting the email can pm me or contact sunstone.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 1:23 PM

Another great project in the Pointe Hebert (North St.B) area! The homes in that area are so different and urban, such a great infill project. and now a riverfront condo to go along with the other 3 condo buildings on Tache.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Another great project in the Pointe Hebert (North St.B) area! The homes in that area are so different and urban, such a great infill project. and now a riverfront condo to go along with the other 3 condo buildings on Tache.
With the new one finished last year there are now four fully occupied condo buildings on the east side of the street. When I moved here less than ten years ago there were none. I agree it is a great infill story that more or less flies under the radar. Which is fine by me

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan