HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 1:45 AM

Thanks for that link SaskE30 really makes it easy, read alot of the comments, nice o hear that there are others out there that want change that are ready to help slow down the possible minority making decisions for the majority. Hopefully these will get built and the next developments will be on the west side where zoning may be easier.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:14 PM

baydo has placed a "coming soon" sign on the yellow fence on broadway/main.

wonder how soon?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 4:28 PM

I was in Diefenbaker Park the other day for some activities and man, is that place a major earth moving project!!! The new Optimist Winter Park development has tons of heavy equipment and mounds of dirt being move, excavated and piled high!

It would be great for one you "photo bloggers" to go by and take some pics and post to here. It is a pretty impressive construction site at the moment!

https://www.facebook.com/optimisthillcampaign/

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 7:15 PM

The new skylights at Midtown have been revealed, as well as glass panels on the 2nd floor around the concourse edges.

Everything is looking great. Very sleek and modern.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 12:16 AM

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 12:41 AM

I find it interesting that the developer decided to increase the cost by adding another floor before he was able to find a single tenant... seems like an unnecessary risk for where the market is it. He could have easily done a similar design and saved millions, likely, without adding a floor. I mean, I'm not complaining. I just find it interesting.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 3:47 PM
the heat goes on

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post
Thanks....just tweeted this out! So refreshing to see such young citizens like this young man and the one who spoke so well at the Broadway development meeting taking such an pro-active approach to the development of their city of the future!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 3:14 PM

thoughts on having manitoba and saskatchewan as their own category? that way the threads can be little more organized. I think theres enough talk in this province now where the threads for sask are active enough. One of the winnipeg guys mentioned it and i always had this idea on my mind for a while now.

being discussed in the odd thread titled " any women here on this forum ". if its something you guys want ill pitch it to the other mods and we can probably make it happen. IMO id like it divided, winnipeg is active enough as is, and can use their own Manitoba category.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
thoughts on having manitoba and saskatchewan as their own category? that way the threads can be little more organized. I think theres enough talk in this province now where the threads for sask are active enough. One of the winnipeg guys mentioned it and i always had this idea on my mind for a while now.

being discussed in the odd thread titled " any women here on this forum ". if its something you guys want ill pitch it to the other mods and we can probably make it happen. IMO id like it divided, winnipeg is active enough as is, and can use their own Manitoba category.
Add my vote to separate them--I don't ever look at the Winnipeg/Manitoba threads so not having to sort through/ignore those would be nice. Others might have different habits of course though.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 4:44 PM

Quote:

I vote to separate!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:08 PM

Quote:

I thought Skyscraperpage wouldn't allow separation in the past due to insufficient activity.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:09 PM

Personally I like the MB/SK thread in one, but because I have Winnipeg roots and now live in SK. I can see why others would prefer to separate the two. I would be less likely to know what's going in in Wpg and MB if the threads were separate.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I thought Skyscraperpage wouldn't allow separation in the past due to insufficient activity.
not sure what the previous reasons where. but that could be one. lately sask seems to be alot more active. in the last year ive noticed it.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
Personally I like the MB/SK thread in one, but because I have Winnipeg roots and now live in SK. I can see why others would prefer to separate the two. I would be less likely to know what's going in in Wpg and MB if the threads were separate.
good points, even if the manitoba section had the main winnipeg ones as "sticky" threads so they are always up front?

not a for sure thing that we will seperate, but it was just mentioned by a forumer, and on my mind for a bit too.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 7:37 PM

Quote:
good points, even if the manitoba section had the main winnipeg ones as "sticky" threads so they are always up front?

not a for sure thing that we will seperate, but it was just mentioned by a forumer, and on my mind for a bit too.
I probably would just not go the the MB section regularly like I would for the SK one.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 9:30 PM

I see no reason for a change.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 10:01 PM

I don't click into the MB/Winnipeg posts very often, but I think it is fine to leave as is until we have maybe more the 5 major projects on the go at once here!

But really...makes no diff to me.....

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 11:52 PM

I think we should combine the three prairie provinces rather then separate anyone

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 1:52 AM

Looking at your picture echoes it would sure look sweet if they built the future tower on the left, especially if it was at least as high as saskatoon square, river quarry will fit in nicely, maybe city hall will take some space in it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan