HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Super awesome!!!!

By the way what's the song playing on the vid? I like it but it's too short for me to figure out what song it is.
Thanks! It is a song called "Say My Name" by Odesza. I've never heard of the song or artist before. It's one of the default songs offered on Vine if you choose to add a song. I thought it fit well with the new lights at Seven, haha

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 8:18 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhoof View Post
Thanks! It is a song called "Say My Name" by Odesza. I've never heard of the song or artist before. It's one of the default songs offered on Vine if you choose to add a song. I thought it fit well with the new lights at Seven, haha
Cool thanks, so I take it that's your twitter? I sent the same question through there so you can disregard it.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 8:26 PM
Meh

I wish they'd slow them down. They're going to give me a seizure like one of those Japanese cartoons.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 8:39 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Odesza is a cool name. I immediately thought they had ties to the Ukraine. But it's just the name of one of the guy's uncle's sunken ships. But it is the Hungarian spelling of Odessa, Ukraine.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 12:45 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
Odesza... is the Hungarian spelling of Odessa, Ukraine.
How is it possible that anyone anywhere, in all of history, possessed such obscure knowledge? You would DESTROY Jeopardy!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 2:19 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I wish they'd slow them down. They're going to give me a seizure like one of those Japanese cartoons.
I actually like it cycling fast but knowing the history of how these buildings light up its eventually going to be one solid boring color with the occasional switch up. Remember the Monarch used to cycle through colors, then they stopped but changed up the color each night. Now they don't bother to change colors except around holidays and recently it's just been plain white. Why even install such lighting if your not going to really use it?

Same goes with the Austonian, Ashton and even the W with that strip of lighting across where the hotel portion ends and the condo section begins and that's when they bother to turn it on.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin