HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 5:22 AM
The World Is Welcome Here

Ok so call anyone tell me what is so incredibly awesome about these "IN-N-OUT" burger places?

I had never heard of it until it started invading the state.

OH well It's not going to keep me from Apollo Burger or Crown Burger

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 5:39 AM

There was a piece in the Examiner today about one possibly going in somewhere in Layton as well. They're going to be everywhere!!!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 5:51 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Those are so ugly I want to poke my eyes out.

Anti-Sandy
I bet if this were to be built near downtown you would be kissing the developer's a**.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANGELD_SLC View Post
Ok so call anyone tell me what is so incredibly awesome about these "IN-N-OUT" burger places?

They're not that great. Lot's of people have T-shirts that have In-n-out on them... I went to one in San Francisco but didn't see why the hype was all about.

There's no doubt in my mind that these will be super successful though.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 3:48 PM

T-Shirts and the name

Quote:

Tangled:

They are nothing special. What made them so incredibly successful in CA was their name (Caught on with the younger crowd...can't imagine why, said with tongue firmly in cheek) and T-Shirts, with the name emblazoned across the shirts. Don't think they will be as successful along the Wasatch Front.

If you like burgers, the best anywhere, including Crown Burger, is "5 Guys Burgers and Fries." My humble, burger-loving opinion.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 3:54 PM

RFPCME, that's good to hear about 5 guys burgers and fries. Bountiful is getting one of those near Lowe's and Costco on 500 West. It is opening soon. I have eaten at In and Out Burger a couple of times in California. Definitely not the best burger I have had. They are ok, the thing I liked was that they are fairly inexpensive. You can get good food for little price.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 4:12 PM

Where's Sandy????

For post #499, I admit I miss Sandy? Where did it go? No new preposterous projects, like the Proscenium? Recently, not much push for the Broadway style theatre? No new building big-box strip malls on potential green space? Projects, your intelligence must be catching on out there. How sad.

Now I have to find a new subject for the brunt of my verbal abuse.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 5:30 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFPCME View Post
For post #499, I admit I miss Sandy? Where did it go? No new preposterous projects, like the Proscenium? Recently, not much push for the Broadway style theatre? No new building big-box strip malls on potential green space? Projects, your intelligence must be catching on out there. How sad.

The only somewhat big project going on right now in Sandy is the 6-story WCF building that is getting built right now just off of State street. Can't miss it there's two cranes there on the site.
As for the "Proscenium" who know if that project is still a go or not.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
Just West of Target...using the same parking lot as Target, I think...
Oh! I know right where that's at! There's a little strip of undeveloped/unlandscaped space between 40th West and the Target/Best Buy parking lot. I imagine it will do well being build right there. There really isn't any more room to build in Jordan Landing except for some ofice space by the airport. There is that big lot just north of Target/Best Buy and Sports Challet/Petsmart, but that is zoned for an apartment complex according to the master plan on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFPCME View Post

Actually, I was just in Sandy the other day. You're right, there aren't any big projects like the one you speak of, but there are lot of smaller infill projects going up all over. I noticed quite a few apartment/condo developments going up right around the TRAX station. After driving down State Street, I must say that I really like what they've done with the place! The road is a freshly paved, newly expanded 6-lane boulevard, there are lots of attractive new stores, offices, and residential projects lining the street that weren't there before. It's really starting to look good. It reminds me of what they just finished up in South Jordan along Redwood, but on a much larger scale.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 5:52 PM

In-n-Out

Sounds like people on here either are really for it, or really against it. In-N-Out does have good food as far as fast food goes. I'm predicting that it will catch on here with an outspoken, but sizeably small back-lash against it.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 6:12 PM

Have any of you heard of Portillo's? I guess that's our version of In N Out. They make the best of everything, at least for a "fast food" place. (It dosen't really have that fast food place feel to it)

Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiringArchitect View Post
Have any of you heard of Portillo's? I guess that's our version of In N Out. They make the best of everything, at least for a "fast food" place. (It dosen't really have that fast food place feel to it)
Haha i thought you meant in Utah for a second and I was like... SAY WHAT?? If Portillo's and stake n shake were in Utah would be fun fat ass.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 4:38 PM

Burgers!

I don't understand the hype for IN and Out burgers! I had one in Cali a while back and I was not impressed. Now my favorite burger joint would be a toss up of Crown or Apollo but the new one I've been really liking is 5 guys burgers and fries. Its kind of on the higher priced side but it is really good. Never get large fries there if its only you because they give you a grocery bag full of them!
Man I'm hungry

Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 5:01 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_logic View Post
Sounds like people on here either are really for it, or really against it. In-N-Out does have good food as far as fast food goes. I'm predicting that it will catch on here with an outspoken, but sizeably small back-lash against it.
Meh. It's food. Cram it in your pie-hole and chew.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_logic View Post
Actually, I was just in Sandy the other day. You're right, there aren't any big projects like the one you speak of, but there are lot of smaller infill projects going up all over. I noticed quite a few apartment/condo developments going up right around the TRAX station.
Unfortunately, most of these are in some state of abandonment or foreclosure, including the condos next to the 10000 S. TRAX station, the townhomes next to them, and the Trophy Homes development up the street near the Sandy/Midvale border.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 2:22 AM
The World Is Welcome Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapernerd View Post
I don't understand the hype for IN and Out burgers! I had one in Cali a while back and I was not impressed. Now my favorite burger joint would be a toss up of Crown or Apollo but the new one I've been really liking is 5 guys burgers and fries. Its kind of on the higher priced side but it is really good. Never get large fries there if its only you because they give you a grocery bag full of them!
Man I'm hungry
Did you know that Crown Burgers and Apollo Burgers are owned by two brothers?

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 2:43 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
There is a Crown Burger out here in Denver too, it's off of Colorado Blvd in Denver and it has been there for ever! Ever since I was a kid, I have had in-n-out before... Not too impressed, gimmie a Fat Burger anyday!!! Freakin love Fat Burger baby...

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 5:53 AM

I've always loved me my good ol' Mickey D's $1.00 cheeseburgers... mmm. But I never eat that stuff anymore anyway.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
Unfortunately, most of these are in some state of abandonment or foreclosure, including the condos next to the 10000 S. TRAX station, the townhomes next to them, and the Trophy Homes development up the street near the Sandy/Midvale border.
I did see a few that were sitting idle, but I do recall seeing some that were under construction. How can something not built yet be in foreclosure? Unless you are talking about existing buildings. If that's the case, I didn't see any foreclosure notices anywhere. The city seemed pretty alive to me. There were lots of people walking about. Next time I'm there, I will look closer.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah, their kids (of one of the brothers) are students at the school I teach at. Nice family.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West