HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1221  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:12 AM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Here is a list I put together about a month ago:

You can also add a couple of new ones - 1736 Boulder Street in LoHi. It is a 74 unit, 4 story building currently under building permit review.
I noticed this lot had been cleared just last week. That's pretty cool!
     
     
  #1222  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:14 AM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
I've been looking into the 1736 Boulder property and I'm glad you found out what's going on there! However, rds70 my friend, you used said LoH* and oh, how that pains me. [sniff]
You shall someday love LoHi, it's written in the cards.
     
     
  #1223  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 3:19 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is online now
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Coresites, a Denver based data center provider is looking at building a center on the property.
Are we talking a stand-alone data center, a HQ, or a combination of the two?
__________________
"You don't strike, you just go to work everyday and do your job real half-ass. That's the American way!" -Homer Simpson

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

     
     
  #1224  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 3:30 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is online now
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,295
BTW, Forest City just lowered their guns at Mayor Hancock's little aerotropolis proposal, aka one of his payoffs to Montbello and Green Valley Ranch:

Statpleton Developers Envision Large Business Park for Denver
By Howard Pankratz
The Denver Post
May 2, 2012


Quote:
Developer Forest City Stapleton is planning a large business development on Interstate 70 between downtown Denver and Denver International Airport.
"I think we're the next office address for Denver," said John Lehigh, president of Forest City Stapleton. "We aspire to do 10 million square feet. We have the capacity, the land and the entitlements to do whatever the market brings us."
Lehigh said he envisions an area similar to the Denver Tech Center, with office buildings of three to 12 stories.
Let's be honest, where are companies that are looking for non-CBD space going to want to locate along the I-70 corridor: closer to Green Valley Ranch or closer to Stapleton?
__________________
"You don't strike, you just go to work everyday and do your job real half-ass. That's the American way!" -Homer Simpson

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

     
     
  #1225  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 3:53 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 12,637
Let's compare...

Stapleton:
- All around high-quality housing, schools, neighborhood, even decent shopping nearby.
- 15 minutes to Downtown, 15 minutes to DIA on what I think will be the best train in our system.
- Close to actual Denver. You know, museums and zoos and such.

GVR:
- White vinyl.
- Gaylord Kansas.
- AEROTROPOLIS

Winner...well, obviously the aerotropolis.

In all seriousness, though, this is a big deal. I understand when folks argue that the airport plans are not threat to the CBD because it's targeting light industrial, manufacturing, warehousing, maybe some office that isn't quite appropriate for a more urban setting. Stapleton should be targeting exactly the same market as the aerotropolis. How long until Forest City reminds Mayor Hancock that, "hey, last time I checked, we're Denver too."?

We don't need another garbage Tech Center within Denver - we should be focusing that type of office toward the CBD and Union Station (which can compete quite nicely with the Tech Center, even on the Tech Center's terms) until that's built out. Or at a minimum, our TODs.

I dunno... I guess my feelings are mixed. Better at Stapleton than Interlocken. But better Downtown than Stapleton, if we can encourage it.

EDIT: I'm liking the whole feel of the I-70 corridor, though. Trench that sucker, it'll do wonders for the neighborhood, north and south, and make I-70 a usable highway again. The train. Business and residential scattered all along the corridor. I'm liking it. Next thing to resolve is the Stock Show, which more than ever I think should be made to work in-place, at (almost) any cost.
     
     
  #1226  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 6:41 PM
droth droth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
rds70, thank you for keeping the list going. The amount of development going on in Denver is truly amazing. You are also the undisputed champ when it comes to being the early-bird on the renderings!

I've been looking into the 1736 Boulder property and I'm glad you found out what's going on there! However, rds70 my friend, you used said LoH* and oh, how that pains me. [sniff]
Where did you find out this information on 1736 Boulder St?
     
     
  #1227  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:09 PM
cona cona is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 57
New project in Lower Highland... Zuni Corners

New project in Lower Highland... Zuni Corners

I know this a smaller project then this group normally talks about, but I thought I would share it for a few reasons:
- The architecture is something a little different for the Zuni corridor and avoids creating a straight wall along Zuni.
- It also is a great transitional building that respects the historic Scottish Highlands neighborhood.
- It replaces two derelict low density units with 7 townhomes. Yeah!

Is this project good for Lower Highlands?



Main website http://zunicorners.com/
Images http://zunicorners.com/wp-content/up...2012-04-11.pdf
     
     
  #1228  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:45 PM
Brainpathology's Avatar
Brainpathology Brainpathology is offline
of Gnomeregan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,802
I really really like it I would love to see one of those in person someday... though the website would approach amateurish if it was upgraded significantly.
__________________
Denver - ".....Like every other city."
     
     
  #1229  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:58 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 12,637
I like any project that can make a difficult site work.

Tuck-under parking in the rear, I assume? Hard to tell.
     
     
  #1230  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 9:46 PM
jimluk jimluk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 118
I think I like it too, I guess it comes down to the price point they hit, Hardi siding and modest/cramped floorplans, compared to some of the units next door. The orientation to the street is infinitely better than the building 2 doors up. Probably will sell a bit high and will get a good return if they didn't spend too much on land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
I really really like it I would love to see one of those in person someday... though the website would approach amateurish if it was upgraded significantly.
Curious on your thoughts on the website as I do some freelance web work from time to time, is your argument with content or the pintrest/tumbr theme they are using. I think it is a bit cartoonish and short on unit details, sq ft, $ and the like, but it does a pretty good job of making a quick pitch, you know pretty fast whether or not you are interested, and that is probably the main goal.

All being said we need more of this, especially if it comes down on the affordable(for the area) side.
     
     
  #1231  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 9:54 PM
Brainpathology's Avatar
Brainpathology Brainpathology is offline
of Gnomeregan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimluk View Post
I think I like it too, I guess it comes down to the price point they hit, Hardi siding and modest/cramped floorplans, compared to some of the units next door. The orientation to the street is infinitely better than the building 2 doors up. Probably will sell a bit high and will get a good return if they didn't spend too much on land.



Curious on your thoughts on the website as I do some freelance web work from time to time, is your argument with content or the pintrest/tumbr theme they are using. I think it is a bit cartoonish and short on unit details, sq ft, $ and the like, but it does a pretty good job of making a quick pitch, you know pretty fast whether or not you are interested, and that is probably the main goal.

All being said we need more of this, especially if it comes down on the affordable(for the area) side.
I don't know why I didn't like it.. maybe that's the style all the cool kids like now and I'm out of touch, which would be odd because I've never been out of touch with any other pop culture trends yo! aight? The rendering looks too basic for me on the front page and you have to download a file to get better b&w drawings... which could be better too.

The point is made quickly for those that are interested and they only need to sell 7 units but I wonder if places with websites that look more like One Lincoln Park, Park Central, Spire, etc get more interest. I actually really do wonder because I'm SURE a lot more money goes into making those types of sites and if they still sell I'd MUCH MUCH rather the developer's money go into the finishes on the outside/inside of the units than on website development.
__________________
Denver - ".....Like every other city."
     
     
  #1232  
Old Posted May 3, 2012, 10:57 PM
Riverfront Park Riverfront Park is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 117
I like that site. It compares very well to most of the other townhome sites in LoHi.
__________________
Riverfront Park
Union Station
     
     
  #1233  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 2:39 AM
derek.berardi derek.berardi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 72
19th and Logan

Has anybody heard an update about 19th and Logan? I've been anxiously awaiting some fences to erect or maybe some sign of progress. I dream that mid-summer we'll have flocks of cranes filling the sky.

In other news, Life on Capitol Hill mentioned this week that the spot at JR's on 17th will become another pizza place......merp merp! Pizza fusion was great, then slice works opened across the street, now this. I hope they were wrong.
     
     
  #1234  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 2:52 AM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.berardi View Post
Has anybody heard an update about 19th and Logan? I've been anxiously awaiting some fences to erect or maybe some sign of progress. I dream that mid-summer we'll have flocks of cranes filling the sky.

In other news, Life on Capitol Hill mentioned this week that the spot at JR's on 17th will become another pizza place......merp merp! Pizza fusion was great, then slice works opened across the street, now this. I hope they were wrong.
Derek, I wouldnt be too concerned. Apparently cuisine comes in spurts these days. Let's see first it was cupcakes, then it was burger joints, now it's pizza places. We'll see a bunch open but not all will make it. I'm waiting to see what the next fad will be?? Arabic???
     
     
  #1235  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:05 AM
derek.berardi derek.berardi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 72
Well, I suppose I am still a little shell shocked from the 7eleven-ification of that area as well. Uptown now has one every three blocks, it would seem. I just hate to see such miserable attention to context. At the end of the day, it is poor business planning. It's just so crazy to see that somebody would purposely put the exact same specialized businesses within a few blocks of one another. It's asking for failure and cheapening the neighborhood in the process.

I understand where you're coming from though and hope Pizza Fusion is the gold medalist at the end of it all
     
     
  #1236  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:24 AM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.berardi View Post
Well, I suppose I am still a little shell shocked from the 7eleven-ification of that area as well. Uptown now has one every three blocks, it would seem. I just hate to see such miserable attention to context. At the end of the day, it is poor business planning. It's just so crazy to see that somebody would purposely put the exact same specialized businesses within a few blocks of one another. It's asking for failure and cheapening the neighborhood in the process.

I understand where you're coming from though and hope Pizza Fusion is the gold medalist at the end of it all
Derek I agree, the wife bought home a veggie pizza from Fusion the other night and it was amazing!!
     
     
  #1237  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:40 AM
rds70 rds70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.berardi View Post

In other news, Life on Capitol Hill mentioned this week that the spot at JR's on 17th will become another pizza place......merp merp! Pizza fusion was great, then slice works opened across the street, now this. I hope they were wrong.
It looks like it will be a Pasquini's. A building permit was submitted a few weeks ago.
__________________
Check out www.denver-cityscape.com
     
     
  #1238  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:49 AM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 12,637
They must have wanted the bigger space. Not surprising.

Pizza Fusion is excellent. And for a good cause. Win-win.
     
     
  #1239  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:58 AM
derek.berardi derek.berardi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 72
Anybody on 19th and Logan? I guess that was the bigger question and pizza chat was bonus. Just very anxious to hear about a ground breaking or something on that site.
     
     
  #1240  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 4:52 AM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is online now
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.berardi View Post
Anybody on 19th and Logan? I guess that was the bigger question and pizza chat was bonus. Just very anxious to hear about a ground breaking or something on that site.
Still in permit review. So, no change.
__________________
"You don't strike, you just go to work everyday and do your job real half-ass. That's the American way!" -Homer Simpson

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:58 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.