HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Here is a list I put together about a month ago:

You can also add a couple of new ones - 1736 Boulder Street in LoHi. It is a 74 unit, 4 story building currently under building permit review.
I noticed this lot had been cleared just last week. That's pretty cool!

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 4:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
I've been looking into the 1736 Boulder property and I'm glad you found out what's going on there! However, rds70 my friend, you used said LoH* and oh, how that pains me. [sniff]
You shall someday love LoHi, it's written in the cards.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 3:19 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Coresites, a Denver based data center provider is looking at building a center on the property.
Are we talking a stand-alone data center, a HQ, or a combination of the two?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 3:30 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

BTW, Forest City just lowered their guns at Mayor Hancock's little aerotropolis proposal, aka one of his payoffs to Montbello and Green Valley Ranch:

Statpleton Developers Envision Large Business Park for Denver
By Howard Pankratz
The Denver Post
May 2, 2012

Quote:
Developer Forest City Stapleton is planning a large business development on Interstate 70 between downtown Denver and Denver International Airport.
"I think we're the next office address for Denver," said John Lehigh, president of Forest City Stapleton. "We aspire to do 10 million square feet. We have the capacity, the land and the entitlements to do whatever the market brings us."
Lehigh said he envisions an area similar to the Denver Tech Center, with office buildings of three to 12 stories.
Let's be honest, where are companies that are looking for non-CBD space going to want to locate along the I-70 corridor: closer to Green Valley Ranch or closer to Stapleton?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 3:53 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Let's compare...

Stapleton:
- All around high-quality housing, schools, neighborhood, even decent shopping nearby.
- 15 minutes to Downtown, 15 minutes to DIA on what I think will be the best train in our system.
- Close to actual Denver. You know, museums and zoos and such.

GVR:
- White vinyl.
- Gaylord Kansas.
- AEROTROPOLIS

Winner...well, obviously the aerotropolis.

In all seriousness, though, this is a big deal. I understand when folks argue that the airport plans are not threat to the CBD because it's targeting light industrial, manufacturing, warehousing, maybe some office that isn't quite appropriate for a more urban setting. Stapleton should be targeting exactly the same market as the aerotropolis. How long until Forest City reminds Mayor Hancock that, "hey, last time I checked, we're Denver too."?

We don't need another garbage Tech Center within Denver - we should be focusing that type of office toward the CBD and Union Station (which can compete quite nicely with the Tech Center, even on the Tech Center's terms) until that's built out. Or at a minimum, our TODs.

I dunno... I guess my feelings are mixed. Better at Stapleton than Interlocken. But better Downtown than Stapleton, if we can encourage it.

EDIT: I'm liking the whole feel of the I-70 corridor, though. Trench that sucker, it'll do wonders for the neighborhood, north and south, and make I-70 a usable highway again. The train. Business and residential scattered all along the corridor. I'm liking it. Next thing to resolve is the Stock Show, which more than ever I think should be made to work in-place, at (almost) any cost.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
rds70, thank you for keeping the list going. The amount of development going on in Denver is truly amazing. You are also the undisputed champ when it comes to being the early-bird on the renderings!

I've been looking into the 1736 Boulder property and I'm glad you found out what's going on there! However, rds70 my friend, you used said LoH* and oh, how that pains me. [sniff]
Where did you find out this information on 1736 Boulder St?

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:09 PM

New project in Lower Highland... Zuni Corners

New project in Lower Highland... Zuni Corners

I know this a smaller project then this group normally talks about, but I thought I would share it for a few reasons:
- The architecture is something a little different for the Zuni corridor and avoids creating a straight wall along Zuni.
- It also is a great transitional building that respects the historic Scottish Highlands neighborhood.
- It replaces two derelict low density units with 7 townhomes. Yeah!

Is this project good for Lower Highlands?

Main website http://zunicorners.com/
Images http://zunicorners.com/wp-content/up...2012-04-11.pdf

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:45 PM
of Gnomeregan

I really really like it I would love to see one of those in person someday... though the website would approach amateurish if it was upgraded significantly.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 7:58 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

I like any project that can make a difficult site work.

Tuck-under parking in the rear, I assume? Hard to tell.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 9:46 PM

I think I like it too, I guess it comes down to the price point they hit, Hardi siding and modest/cramped floorplans, compared to some of the units next door. The orientation to the street is infinitely better than the building 2 doors up. Probably will sell a bit high and will get a good return if they didn't spend too much on land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
I really really like it I would love to see one of those in person someday... though the website would approach amateurish if it was upgraded significantly.
Curious on your thoughts on the website as I do some freelance web work from time to time, is your argument with content or the pintrest/tumbr theme they are using. I think it is a bit cartoonish and short on unit details, sq ft, $ and the like, but it does a pretty good job of making a quick pitch, you know pretty fast whether or not you are interested, and that is probably the main goal.

All being said we need more of this, especially if it comes down on the affordable(for the area) side.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 9:54 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimluk View Post
I think I like it too, I guess it comes down to the price point they hit, Hardi siding and modest/cramped floorplans, compared to some of the units next door. The orientation to the street is infinitely better than the building 2 doors up. Probably will sell a bit high and will get a good return if they didn't spend too much on land.

Curious on your thoughts on the website as I do some freelance web work from time to time, is your argument with content or the pintrest/tumbr theme they are using. I think it is a bit cartoonish and short on unit details, sq ft, $ and the like, but it does a pretty good job of making a quick pitch, you know pretty fast whether or not you are interested, and that is probably the main goal.

All being said we need more of this, especially if it comes down on the affordable(for the area) side.
I don't know why I didn't like it.. maybe that's the style all the cool kids like now and I'm out of touch, which would be odd because I've never been out of touch with any other pop culture trends yo! aight? The rendering looks too basic for me on the front page and you have to download a file to get better b&w drawings... which could be better too.

The point is made quickly for those that are interested and they only need to sell 7 units but I wonder if places with websites that look more like One Lincoln Park, Park Central, Spire, etc get more interest. I actually really do wonder because I'm SURE a lot more money goes into making those types of sites and if they still sell I'd MUCH MUCH rather the developer's money go into the finishes on the outside/inside of the units than on website development.

Old Posted May 3, 2012, 10:57 PM

I like that site. It compares very well to most of the other townhome sites in LoHi.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 2:39 AM

19th and Logan

Has anybody heard an update about 19th and Logan? I've been anxiously awaiting some fences to erect or maybe some sign of progress. I dream that mid-summer we'll have flocks of cranes filling the sky.

In other news, Life on Capitol Hill mentioned this week that the spot at JR's on 17th will become another pizza place......merp merp! Pizza fusion was great, then slice works opened across the street, now this. I hope they were wrong.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek.berardi View Post
Has anybody heard an update about 19th and Logan? I've been anxiously awaiting some fences to erect or maybe some sign of progress. I dream that mid-summer we'll have flocks of cranes filling the sky.

In other news, Life on Capitol Hill mentioned this week that the spot at JR's on 17th will become another pizza place......merp merp! Pizza fusion was great, then slice works opened across the street, now this. I hope they were wrong.
Derek, I wouldnt be too concerned. Apparently cuisine comes in spurts these days. Let's see first it was cupcakes, then it was burger joints, now it's pizza places. We'll see a bunch open but not all will make it. I'm waiting to see what the next fad will be?? Arabic???

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:05 AM

Well, I suppose I am still a little shell shocked from the 7eleven-ification of that area as well. Uptown now has one every three blocks, it would seem. I just hate to see such miserable attention to context. At the end of the day, it is poor business planning. It's just so crazy to see that somebody would purposely put the exact same specialized businesses within a few blocks of one another. It's asking for failure and cheapening the neighborhood in the process.

I understand where you're coming from though and hope Pizza Fusion is the gold medalist at the end of it all

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Well, I suppose I am still a little shell shocked from the 7eleven-ification of that area as well. Uptown now has one every three blocks, it would seem. I just hate to see such miserable attention to context. At the end of the day, it is poor business planning. It's just so crazy to see that somebody would purposely put the exact same specialized businesses within a few blocks of one another. It's asking for failure and cheapening the neighborhood in the process.

I understand where you're coming from though and hope Pizza Fusion is the gold medalist at the end of it all
Derek I agree, the wife bought home a veggie pizza from Fusion the other night and it was amazing!!

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:40 AM

Quote:

It looks like it will be a Pasquini's. A building permit was submitted a few weeks ago.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:49 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

They must have wanted the bigger space. Not surprising.

Pizza Fusion is excellent. And for a good cause. Win-win.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:58 AM

Anybody on 19th and Logan? I guess that was the bigger question and pizza chat was bonus. Just very anxious to hear about a ground breaking or something on that site.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 4:52 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Anybody on 19th and Logan? I guess that was the bigger question and pizza chat was bonus. Just very anxious to hear about a ground breaking or something on that site.
Still in permit review. So, no change.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West