HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Panorama Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
Miami needs a signature, iconic tower. I can't think of any. They all look the same!

Every other major American city: NY, Chicago, LA, SF, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, even Charlotte NC, all have at least one iconic skyscraper. Miami and Boston are the only two cities I can think of that have none at all. At 822 feet, this thing is boring!
Miami does have some iconic towers such as the Wachovia (SOM) & the Miami tower (I.M.PEI).

http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/i...1312171312.jpg

http://www.cre-sources.com/wp-conten...inancial-2.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...er07/BOA-1.jpg

Banco Santander (KPF) :

http://www.investinmiamiproperty.com...anto-Plaza.jpg

Chase Bank | 1450 Brickell Ave. :

http://www.riserealty.com/megatempla...1208326941.jpg

The issue is that the Panorama tower isn't a office building & most of what Miami is currently building is residential / multi-use. How many cities in the US even have 800+ foot residential towers besides NYC & Chicago?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 11:34 AM
JoeCooper

I'm psyched to see Miami get a building to break the 800-foot threshold. Miami will now surpass Minneapolis's current tallest (the IDS building) in height by 30 feet and add another great one to it's collection in the process. It may not be a striking icon, but is still nonetheless a great looking building IMHO. It will be a nice, record setting addition that will compliment its fellow brothers and sisters in the Miami skyline.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 12:28 PM

Greetings,
Have any of you Miami folks (who are tech savvy) put together a photo with what the Miami skyline will look like once all these additions are built? I guess photo shop all of these buildings under construction into the picture...?

I'm just trying to get a better sense of it all - not really familiar with your city other than driving through to the Keys.

Great to hear about everything that's going on.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
Panorama will become the tallest residential building on the East Coast south of New York.

http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/tib...anorama-tower/
Does it get that title because it is strictly residential? I know that the top floors of Two Liberty Place (848 ft) in Philly are now luxury condos - 120 approx. condos. But it's a "mixed-use" building, the lower floors making up a hotel and mall.

Curious...

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 1:20 PM
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
Miami needs a signature, iconic tower. I can't think of any. They all look the same!

Every other major American city: NY, Chicago, LA, SF, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, even Charlotte NC, all have at least one iconic skyscraper. Miami and Boston are the only two cities I can think of that have none at all. At 822 feet, this thing is boring!
Congrats to Miami for getting a new tallest! Though I must admit I'm looking forwards to your supertall proposals coming to fruition a little more than this one.

I'm not going to descend into things any further than this, but if you don't think that the Prudential Tower (or, for that matter, the John Hancock Tower) is iconic for Boston, than I suggest you come and visit and take a look for yourself. The Pru is very significant to many Bostonians, even if it's not the most attractive building in the world, and it dominates its surroundings.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
Does it get that title because it is strictly residential? I know that the top floors of Two Liberty Place (848 ft) in Philly are now luxury condos - 120 approx. condos. But it's a "mixed-use" building, the lower floors making up a hotel and mall.

Curious...
Interesting question since 2 Liberty Place is described as office / residential yet Panorama is described as residential / hotel primarily by the Council on Tall Buildings.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/crea...=on&list_year=

I would imagine that buildings with office space would be taller than those that strictly are residential / hotel buildings.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Greetings,
Have any of you Miami folks (who are tech savvy) put together a photo with what the Miami skyline will look like once all these additions are built? I guess photo shop all of these buildings under construction into the picture...?

I'm just trying to get a better sense of it all - not really familiar with your city other than driving through to the Keys.

Great to hear about everything that's going on.
This is from Brickell Magazine :

Buildings in white are either U/C or proposed :

Brickell Financial District :

North Brickell | Downtown CBD :

Source : http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/mag...ook-like-2020/

The only projects in the above renderings that are still not under construction yet are :

1: Echo Brickell
2: Capital @ Brickell
3: One Brickell (3 towers)
4: Miami World Center
5: 1000 Museum Park

The renderings above were done before Swire Properties announced the addition of the proposed 1,102 foot | 80 story One Brickell City Center tower to the Brickell Citi Center project currently U/C :

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2813/9...90429c4e_b.jpg

^ Swire has bought the property which sits on prominent Brickell Avenue and has already demolished two low rise structures that existed there in preparation for Phase 3.

Also missing is One Bayfront Plaza @ 1,010 feet | 80 stories:

http://brickellsales.com/wp-content/...ayne-Plaza.jpg

^ Ironically the developers of the Panorama tower are also the owners & developers of One Bayfront Plaza.

Another missing project is the All Aboard Florida's train station development including a 80 story tower :

http://cdn.cstatic.net/images/gridfs...Lfor%20web.jpg

^ This project would occupy several city blocks behind the Miami World Center in the rendering above.

Last edited by bobdreamz; Aug 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 8:17 PM
She needs her space

Quote:

Curious...
Looks like Panorama Tower will have floors basically to the roof line. What is the highest vantage point for residents of Two Liberty Place? Given the ornamental crowned roof, surely it is not 848 ft up?

Often times a building that is officially taller than another has a lower "highest" floor.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 3:24 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Sheet Pile Work Begins At Tibor Hollo’s 822-Foot Panorama Tower

Quote:
Construction crews at Tibor Hollo’s Panorama Tower began driving sheet piles at the site yesterday.

A 12-hour window between 8 AM to 8 PM is designated for sheet pile work, which causes vibration and is a nuisance to neighbors. The schedule was chosen after consulting with residential buildings in the area.

Auger-cast pile installation will continue for another month, with work starting at 5:30 AM and ending at 8:30 PM.

When complete, Panorama will become Miami’s tallest tower.
==============================
http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/she...anorama-tower/
==============================

What a beauty!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 3:46 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 9:27 PM

Panorama Tower Prepares To Go Vertical With New Tower Crane

Installation of Panorama Tower’s first construction crane is set for tomorrow (Friday, November 21) as vertical construction nears.

Two pile cap pours will also take place this weekend (Saturday, November 22).

When complete, the 82-story tower will become the tallest building in Miami. It will include 821 residential rental units and 208 hotel rooms, along with office and retail space.

http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...w-tower-crane/

Old Posted Nov 21, 2014, 11:06 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 4:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Nov 22, 2014, 5:10 PM
life is good

^^^ Amazing view! The water with the high rises ... man!

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 2:52 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Panorama Tower Crane Construction Hyper Lapse

Video Link

Credit: Victor Figueroa

Quote:
11.21.14 - Speedy assembly of the first tower crane for Miami's next tallest building, the 80-story Panorama tower.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 7:50 PM

Pics courtesy of QuantumX @ ssc:

Can't wait to see this parking garage finally covered up:

Old Posted Jan 21, 2015, 6:12 PM

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2015/0...coming-ground/

Quote:
83-story tower coming out of ground

To be the tallest residential building on the East Coast this side of New York, Panorama Tower is to rise 83 stories in the heart of Brickell.

It is a source of pride for developer Tibor Hollo and his Florida East Coast Realty.

On a clear night, those living in the upper levels of Panorama will be able to see the lights of Bimini, according to Dean Warhaft, vice president/development coordinator for the company.

Foundation work began in June 2014. The project is to bring a mix of hotel rooms, luxury apartments, office space and restaurants to Brickell Avenue.

“It’s actually a little bit ahead of schedule now and we’re going to keep pushing to stay ahead of schedule,” Mr. Warhaft told Miami Today this week.

“We will be complete with the foundation and out of the ground late February, early March,” he said. The steel goes skyward at that point.

“What we’ll do, once the foundation is poured, is go immediately to the second and third floor,” he said, noting that it is typical for the first floor to remain open for access while top floors are built and finished. This assists in the location of connections and utilities, he said.

The company anticipates completion around the third quarter of 2017, he said.
Quote:
Having the tallest building in the city is a bragging point, Mr. Warhaft admitted. And while there are other proposed projects shooting for 1,000 feet or higher, “until they break ground, we’ll be the tallest in the skyline,” he said.

The original plan for the tower was a skyscraper reaching 849 feet, he said. The current Federal Aviation Administration approval is for 830 feet, Mr. Warhaft said, “[but] we plan to go back to get the 19 feet back.”

Old Posted Jan 21, 2015, 9:29 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
The original plan for the tower was a skyscraper reaching 849 feet, he said. The current Federal Aviation Administration approval is for 830 feet, Mr. Warhaft said, “[but] we plan to go back to get the 19 feet back.”
Not much proves how dumb and pointless the FAA is more than this quote. That 19 feet surely made a difference.

I'm glad Miami finally broke the 800 foot mark though.

Last edited by Zapatan; Jan 22, 2015 at 3:29 PM. Reason: typo

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 8:12 PM

Wow they are moving rapidly on this project! Hopefully when Tibor Hollo is finished with this project he can finally break ground on the long awaited supertall One Bayfront Plaza downtown.
Also I wonder what the FAA would do if they do build up to 849 feet. Can the FAA sue the developer or levy fines?

Old Posted Jan 23, 2015, 3:37 AM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
Wow they are moving rapidly on this project! Hopefully when Tibor Hollo is finished with this project he can finally break ground on the long awaited supertall One Bayfront Plaza downtown.
Also I wonder what the FAA would do if they do build up to 849 feet. Can the FAA sue the developer or levy fines?
Federal Court order to reduce the height.

-sb

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive