HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
All I see is crack. Lol!
Shining light on the mystery lol

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 5:40 PM

Bike share stations submitted in Accela for Edgewood Retail District (1250 CAROLINE ST NE) and Buckhead MARTA (3340 PEACHTREE RD)

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
What a relief that the nefarious plot to 'whitewash' Midtown you were so convinced of was as delusional as it sounded.
these things don't have to be a nefarious plot or conspiracy, the effect is the same. when you manipulate pricing to game the market, goods aren't distributed fairly... that's just economics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that these places are charging above market rate. I know a few people and this isn't the case. In fact, the rates are really good in Midtown...cheaper than Atlantic Station, and the new Buckhead retail center. I've talked to a couple of people who are in the know, and the main issue is that some of the companies that have been courted to open their business in Midtown and the market analysis have stopped a lot of companies from opening up. It's not an issue of overcharging. These places closing down were simply not making enough money to stay profitable as a company.
what about the retail spaces on juniper? if there's a surplus, the price is too high, or the owner is being too picky about what they want in there.

Last edited by bryantm3; Nov 4, 2016 at 6:48 PM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 7:16 PM
BANNED

GABLES BUCKHEAD

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
GABLES BUCKHEAD
Nice. I like this rendering better than the last. Nice to see Buckhead development coming together between Peachtree and Piedmont roads. It'll be interesting to see how Buckhead changes over the years, if they create more public park space (other than that bridge over 400), and if they encourage connecting this area with Path 400. That stretch near the old native american trail from Buckhead station to Miami Circle (gorgeous neighborhood, if you've never been) is going to be hot.

Old pic for reference:

Last edited by Street Advocate; Nov 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 8:54 PM

Aviva Fence - Observation

I was thinking about the fence at the Aviva site and realized that most temporary construction fencing is set up with a freestanding post system where sand bags are placed at the base of each post platform so that the fence can be moved progressively outwards as needed. [see Hanover Midtown site photo and others sites]
I don’t believe that they typically go to the trouble of boring holes in the actual asphalt - the same asphalt that they will be removing as one of the first steps in site preparation.

Just an observation.

Oh well

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 8:55 PM

no projects for public review for the November DRC. Womp womp. 2016 has felt like a slow year for new proposals

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
I was thinking about the fence at the Aviva site and realized that most temporary construction fencing is set up with a freestanding post system where sand bags are placed at the base of each post platform so that the fence can be moved progressively outwards as needed. [see Hanover Midtown site photo and others sites]
I don’t believe that they typically go to the trouble of boring holes in the actual asphalt - the same asphalt that they will be removing as one of the first steps in site preparation.

Just an observation.

Oh well
It's also worth noting unless this is temporary (construction mostly) this type of fence wouldn't be allowed right on Peachtree per city ordinances.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
It's also worth noting unless this is temporary (construction mostly) this type of fence wouldn't be allowed right on Peachtree per city ordinances.
I am retracting my initial post about the fence thinking that Eviva construction may be under way. As some have stated, I now think they just put the fence on those two sides of the parcel to funnel traffic into the lot. I noticed a new portable parking sign that was set on the sidewalk today that I do not think has been there before. So...now we may be stuck with the parking lot AND a cheap chainlink fence.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
I am retracting my initial post about the fence thinking that Eviva construction may be under way. As some have stated, I now think they just put the fence on those two sides of the parcel to funnel traffic into the lot. I noticed a new portable parking sign that was set on the sidewalk today that I do not think has been there before. So...now we may be stuck with the parking lot AND a cheap chainlink fence.
If it were something permanent it would had been required to go through the Midtown DRC and obviously would have been publicly ripped apart for failing to meet any SPI/City of Atlanta ordinances. I wouldn't worry too much that the fence will remain just for the sake of parking.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 1:21 AM

They're clearing out the parking area underneath Ford Factory Lofts. Lots of construction equipment, caution tape, and the asphalt seems a little dug up. Any chance this is related to the retail buildout along the BeltLine? Anyone familiar/know someone who lives there that can get details?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
811 Peachtree by jwbab, on Flickr

Technically, Midtown's zoning prohibits the installation of chain link fencing in sight of any public right of way. So, unless this is construction related, they shouldn't have put up the fence. This is why I suggested earlier that it may be related to construction parking/staging for either the Hanover Midtown or Juniper @ 5th project, which are both nearby.
Staging area for construction trailer does seem likely.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 7:28 PM

In better news, Alta at the park (12th Street between PwC building and Piedmont) appears to be two fooors above their parking deck. Hopefully it begins to rise more quickly now!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
They're clearing out the parking area underneath Ford Factory Lofts. Lots of construction equipment, caution tape, and the asphalt seems a little dug up. Any chance this is related to the retail buildout along the BeltLine? Anyone familiar/know someone who lives there that can get details?

They're creating 6000SF of retail/restaurants space in the current underground parking area that faces the BeltLine as well as providing a new BeltLine connection through the Ford Factory.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...ory-lofts.html

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
They're creating 6000SF of retail/restaurants space in the current underground parking area that faces the BeltLine as well as providing a new BeltLine connection through the Ford Factory.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...ory-lofts.html
Nice! Any idea on a timeline? I didn't realize this was happening anytime soon.

Within a couple years, the stretch from Ponce to DeKalb has potential to be a decent example of how the BeltLine should be developed, especially if the projects at studioplex and Edgewood/DeKalb go. Meanwhile, Monroe to Ponce (with few exceptions, such as some of the development along Greenwood) is a classic example of how we should not develop along the BeltLine.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Anyone ask the guys putting up the fences what they know about the project?
I see the horrible crack at the Eviva site has already been discussed.

I wish they would stop playing games with us and announce something. Anything. This is cruel and unusual.

Last edited by TarHeelJ; Nov 6, 2016 at 12:00 AM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelJ View Post
I see the horrible crack at the Eviva site has already been discussed.

I wish they would stop playing games with us and announce something. Anything. This is cruel and unusual.
As far as I am concerned, Eviva is dead. If they announce something, they announce it. I don't want to hold my breath, even though I really want to see development creep south. And I know 6th St really isn't that south, but midtown is pretty top heavy at the moment. North Ave streetcar will be underutilized if we don't have dense developments in the southern portion of midtown.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 1:49 AM

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, Eviva is dead. If they announce something, they announce it. I don't want to hold my breath, even though I really want to see development creep south. And I know 6th St really isn't that south, but midtown is pretty top heavy at the moment. North Ave streetcar will be underutilized if we don't have dense developments in the southern portion of midtown.
Broadstone Juniper, Trace, lilli, and The Standard are all south of 6th... I don't think it's top heavy at all... in fact every part of Midtown's core is getting projects this cycle.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 4:44 PM

I heard a rumor that 525 North Avenue is on the market and is not going to happen. I had previously heard that the project was going to break ground next year and everything was on track. Not really sure what to believe at this point. Interestingly, I did see a herd of goats on the property a couple weeks ago. Maybe to clear out the ivy? Anyone know whether 525 is still going to happen?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations