HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Praying that President Trump doesn't end development booms across the country.
Not to get too political, but ending development booms are the least of my worries-- ending civilization maybe

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 3:15 PM

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2016/11/9/...on-annoucement

Looks like Eviva is very serious to get started on construction and very soon according to Curbed. In fact, Integral grouped reached out to Curbed with information that they will announce on Friday.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
Trace does have a lot better architecture, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to finish it and clean up the front. The construction quality also is a bit sub-par...again, seems like contractor issues or something. With the Honeywell influx at 715 Peachtree, Lilli, and Bank of America jobs...hoping south Midtown fills in as well.

Downtown too - I thought the Underground developer was buying up adjacent properties....any reason to think this one is not happening?
No reason to believe it won't happen, just general anxiety associated with the desire for such a neighborhood improving development to begin moving dirt. It is a complicated real estate deal, which takes time, and I understand that.

It was a nice surprise to see the developer pick up so many properties around Underground, and then immediately promise to keep the historic buildings and the art facilities that currently exist there. SoDoTo has HUGE potential to be THE neighborhood to live in in town. Now that the transit bill passed, we could see streetcars going down Capitol from downtown, and down Lee/Cambellton from downtown, along with a new infill station between West End and Oakland City, at the Beltline. It is surrounded by potential, and if all comes to fruition, we will not recognize the place in two dozen years.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
200 room Hard Rock Hotel and 130 apartments next to new Falcon Stadium
I like the renders from different angles this time. I am on board with this development, and think it will mix nicely in Castleberry Hill.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 6:31 PM

This week is getting better and better. The Masquerade being permanently located in the center of downtown makes absolute perfect sense.

1. Tabernacle, Phillips, Centennial Park concerts, Mammal Gallery, etc. all have shows that let out just as shows at the Masquerade are typically starting.

2. There is no place in the city better accessed by transit than Five Points.

3. It is in the middle of the gigantic GSU campus, and near enough to walk to from the dorms.

4. There are 5,000 hotel rooms within a few blocks.

5. There is 24 hour dining on all sides. (Landmark, Waffle House, Waffle House, Waffle House)

6. It is one of the most policed areas of the city, being shared zones with APD & GSUPD.

7. There is plenty of parking available, which is money that is paid into the city coffers since ATL owns the decks at Underground. (If those are included in the sale, scratch the money to the city, but not a huge loss)

8. If the Underground development comes to full fruition, the Masquerade will be surrounded by apartments, student housing, and lots of retail. A city within the city.

Bring it on.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 12:03 AM
BANNED

I know most of here are feeling like we are living in a dark chasm of HELL - FIRE - SIN after last night, but life must go on...

Another Buckhead Tower Ready to Break Ground and Upsized!

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...head-mob-67489

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I know most of here are feeling like we are living in a dark chasm of HELL - FIRE - SIN after last night, but life must go on...
I'll take the hell, fire, and sin over that atrocious parking deck

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 1:12 AM

Any updates on presales for 98th 14 th project? When will Hard Rock Castleberry break ground?

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 2:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I'll take the hell, fire, and sin over that atrocious parking deck
I wish it was just over a f'en parking deck w/o ground floor retail

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 2:29 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Any updates on presales for 98th 14 th project? When will Hard Rock Castleberry break ground?
Hard Rock is definity happening / except if last night is the beginning of apocalypse/End Times

The developer for this project is based in China and Chinese banks are funding the project.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 4:43 AM

GSU releases renderings of baseball and football stadiums

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 2:37 PM

WeWork to bring up to 1,000 workers to Colony Square.

WeWork Cos., the New-York based co-working juggernaut on a mission to recreate the American office, is joining another transformation — Midtown’s Colony Square.WeWork will occupy the 9th, 10th and 11th floors of Colony Square’s Building 100.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...l(subscription required)

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 3:15 PM

New hotel to check into downtown office tower

Quote:
A 30-story office tower on downtown’s Woodruff Park is set to be converted into a mixed-use project that includes a new hotel — the latest target for investors scooping up aging buildings in the city’s core.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 5:26 PM

I just wish there was some way they could remove the home plate area from the Turner Field footprint so the football stadium wouldn't look so wonky. It was the same with Olympic Stadium, and although I thought it was a great future use for it to become a baseball stadium it always bothered me a little bit from a design standpoint. I guess it's just too expensive to correct it.

Last edited by TarHeelJ; Nov 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelj View Post
i just wish there was some way they could remove the home plate area from the turner field footprint so the football stadium wouldn't look so wonky. It was the same with olympic stadium, and although i though it was a great future use for it to become a baseball stadium it always bothered me a little bit from a design standpoint. I guess it's just too expensive to correct it.
100% agreed!!!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Downtown is officially ON FIRE!

Woodruff Park will be flanked north and south by hotels if this goes through, and the Candler Building hotel conversion continues.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 8:28 PM

CODA Tech Square land development permit was issued yesterday. Anyone know when they plan to break ground?

Additionally, 98 14th Street's land development permit to construct a sales center was issued Monday.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNTWN View Post
Downtown is officially ON FIRE!

Woodruff Park will be flanked north and south by hotels if this goes through, and the Candler Building hotel conversion continues.
Wow! Growth is finally moving to south Peachtree.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelJ View Post
I just wish there was some way they could remove the home plate area from the Turner Field footprint so the football stadium wouldn't look so wonky. It was the same with Olympic Stadium, and although I thought it was a great future use for it to become a baseball stadium it always bothered me a little bit from a design standpoint. I guess it's just too expensive to correct it.
I mostly agree - but it does, imo, give it some authentic funkiness and maintains an aspect of its past use.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 10:40 PM

Studioplex filed for what I believe is the commercial portion of the developemtn along the BeltLine. Whatnow previously reported there''d be 32,000 sq/ft of townhomes.

STUDIOPLEX ALLEY (SHELL ONLY)
CONSTRUCTION OF 30,852 CONCRETE COMMERCIAL BUILDING AND IT'S ROOF WILL BE DESIGNED AS A PODIUM FOR FUTURE TOWNHOMES. NO SITE WORK. **SHELL ONLY, NO C/O WILL BE ISSUED**

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations