HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 8:26 AM

Just to further that... this "proposals have trouble getting built" is not unique to Denver. If you follow the New York city construction scene, it's WILD. Proposals are tossed out right and left, sometimes on property someone doesn't even own. It's not uncommon to see a single site change hands 4 or 5 times (with numerous proposals) before something actually gets built.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 1:01 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Nice work on the Updates Snyder. Lookin good I can't wait until we have more cranes up and working on some of these upcoming projects!!! Denver will continue it's new love affair with..... The Crane!!! LOL

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 10:37 PM
Up Up and Away

It's nice too see all of the updates. I look forward to seeing the next wave of proposals included with the ones already here.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 1:37 AM
no its not...

lets inventory.....

...what projects have been announced (decent sized) and either cancelled or had to wait for re-financing or just waiting for market conditions to improve? Obviously: The Spire, The Trump Tower, formerly the el Jebel tower, The DAC hotel (who knows), The Bud Geller tower (who knows) and very possibly 1800 Market (not dead yet, but possibly on life support).

Yet, the ones that seemed the LEAST realistic for a time 4S (obviously) and Great Gulf seem to be on solid gound rather than stolid ground and hopefully The Spire gets some jumper cables soon. A couple years ago we were praying for just one of the big three to break ground and there is a great possibility we will be looking at all three underway in 2008 along with some medium sized and one more giant in the form of Tabor 2. So I am saying, I like our batting averages for construction or even better than the Rockies averages, our first round draft choices have come through better than The Broncos. Of course the total picture can be seen on the "infill scorecard" at DenverInfill.com

Last edited by Top Of The Park; Dec 14, 2007 at 1:57 AM. Reason: addition of link

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 2:58 PM

Nice I like the Auto-Mechanic/Sports/Tower Construction lingo amigo! TopofthePark that was good stuff...

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 3:11 PM

I believe if my memory serves me correctly that 1000 Speer might be on the list as well.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 4:02 PM
Up Up and Away

I really haven't heard anything more on 1000 Speer. The last I heard, from someone on this forum, the original developers were trying to unload the property. Can anybody provide more accurate information on this matter?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 5:06 PM
Robotic Construction

Let me know if I should remove any proposals from the list. If they are "dead" and simply have dissolved completely, lets get them off. I have 1100 15th Street on, because the lot is still owned by Hines, the office market is booming downtown and there has been a small hint of speculation from Hines regarding a possible revival of a project on this lot. So for now, it stays. Other projects that need to go, let me know.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 6:27 PM
no its not...

I think something will get built on the Hines property there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
Let me know if I should remove any proposals from the list. If they are "dead" and simply have dissolved completely, lets get them off. I have 1100 15th Street on, because the lot is still owned by Hines, the office market is booming downtown and there has been a small hint of speculation from Hines regarding a possible revival of a project on this lot. So for now, it stays. Other projects that need to go, let me know.
...its too prime not to. But I'd bet 1000 Speer is more than likely a dead project, but who cares now with all the other probable ones like:

1915 Logan
Barrons hotel 18th & Sherman
1900 16th Street (underway)
18th & Larimer (underway soon)
State of Colorado Colfax & Lincoln
5th & Lincoln (underway)

Just a guess, but our announced projects percentage compared to dead or dying ones has to be running about 80% to the good

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 8:39 PM

I believe that Snavely isnt selling the property bat 1000 Speer they are simply going to attempt to lease the building on flexible terms in case the market either gets better or worse.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 8:56 PM
Still the one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
I was looking around the Hines site and came across this in their 'experience summary' section. Anybody see anything interesting here?:

This was updated in June and also lists 1515 Wynkoop so it's not just an old document that hasn't been updated. Also, it is a different address (1144 Fifteenth instead of 1100) and about 75,000 more sq. ft.

Well.......here's hoping the market stays favorable and we might get this AND Two Tabor

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 9:00 PM
Closed account

Now that is interesting...

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 9:10 PM
Still the one...

Also...FYI, Hines doesn't actually own the 15th St. property. They would be developing it in partnership with the owners. The owners are some brothers/doctors who, among other things, created Global Pacific Properties, Inc.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 9:38 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Very interesting information!

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 9:52 PM

That is really interesting news. I wonder how the design has changed or will change.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 10:01 PM

May be it'll get boxier.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 10:10 PM

I wonder if the new address reflects a new plaza or other open space on the corner of 15th and Arapahoe so as to protect the views of residents on the north side of the Four Seasons tower.

The original design for 1100 15th was so great I'd hate to see it change much.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVol View Post
I was looking around the Hines site and came across this in their 'experience summary' section. Anybody see anything interesting here?:

This was updated in June and also lists 1515 Wynkoop so it's not just an old document that hasn't been updated. Also, it is a different address (1144 Fifteenth instead of 1100) and about 75,000 more sq. ft.

Well.......here's hoping the market stays favorable and we might get this AND Two Tabor

WOW FREAKING WOW THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!!

I sure hope this tower is resurrected, both the Hines Tower and Tabor Dos going up along with Four Seasons and Great Gulf. OMG Can you imagine?!?!? If that actually does take place? I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT DENVA IS ON FI-YA!!!!!!! MAJOR CONSTRUCTION BOOM BABY!!! YA LIKE DAT? lol

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 11:57 PM
Stay Thirsty.

I'll say it again...oh, Blm...

Actually that gets my adrenaline pumping too....can you imagine FIVE towers all under construction in '09-'10 over 40 stories?

If that's not some sort of boom, I don't know what is. I will keep hoping for the office market for T2 and this '1144'.

Let's not forget the new 'double tower' rendering tidbit from rds which like OLP is a 30+ tower. And the lot behind Fontius. AND things like 1000 Speer that are dormant...for now.

Good stuff, good stuff.

I also love that, save the "World Class Skyline" cities of Chicago and Shanghai, Denver has the tallest proposal by Hines out there. Sorry Houston and Phoenix.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2007, 2:54 AM

^ LOL I noticed that too FrancoRey, I see things like this and yes Franco it does get me "pumped up" but ahh at the same time we have developers in Legal issues and have towers standing still at 3 storys when they should be at around 15-20 by now, and it sit's empty with zero production for months! Not exactly a promising vision for the future, it allways looks good on paper! LOL it doesn't count until they are finished with the Exterior and tenants move in I guess IMHO.

I am usually the Optimistic one, but ahh I am not too sure on some of these announcments, Four Seasons is a gimme they have so many Millions already that if they choose to? They could develop a 15 Story Four Seasons only Hotel on the smaller portion of the property, then develope a 85 Story mixed use Office and Residential on the rest and create Denver's new tallest/1000'+ tower. They could pop Denver's 1000' Cherry! LOL GOD I can't wait for that day to come, when Denver grows to the point where we get our 1000' Cherry Popped!!! Anyway I'm rambling on here.

Let me get to my point;

they listed the Tower at 42 Storys

Then a 13 Story Garage for 800+ Vehicles

Is anyone calculating what I am? 3 Storys of underground Garage parking and 10 Storys of above ground parking then 42 Storys of Office!!! I sense an additional 600'/650' Office Tower in the works boys! Hell I'd say if And this is a mighty big IF, both hines and T-2 and everything proposed along 14th goes up? in the next 5 years? Well hell by then I am almost positive we will have an announcment for something in the 70-80 Story range that will be tinkering with the 1000' Mark. A new SIG people it would work if the Skyline was streached with 5 new 500'+/600'+ new towers on the West side of the City!

I'm so thrilled about everything that is taking place right now in Denver, I take Colorado Blvd through Speer home from work now-a-days and when I approach downtown, my imagination wonders I always try to vision the upcoming towers in the skyline...

AHHHHHHH I Wish I Wish This City would simply EXPLODE with construction solid for the next 10-20 hell 30 years! Never say never I guess right? It may happen.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West