HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 3, 2017, 4:17 PM

There is an evening shift on for the Formwork crew. Concrete is being poured today and Monday. We should see an average of two pours a week until completion mid August if things go as planned. There will be site activity 7 days a week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4Yo-rA...ncreteimageltd

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 12:45 AM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 1:21 AM

they are doing a real nice job, good crew

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 5:05 PM

Does anyone know how many levels of underground parking the Condo/Hotel will share? I assume it is three but just looking to confirm.

Also, I assume that when they added the four floors that they weren't able to add another elevator. Twenty floors and two elevators could present an issue for the building. Thoughts?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 5:49 PM

4 floors of parkade and there are probably 2 per buidling you can look at the plans on the MVA website to be sure.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 4:01 PM

rode past the site on my bike ride yesterday

progress looks good! end of july or possibly before we should be back up to grade?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 4:56 PM
the heat goes on

from aodbt's fb:

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 5:42 PM
What could go wrong?

That tower crane seems very oddly placed.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
That tower crane seems very oddly placed.
just for the parkade build. it has quite a long jib arm.

once thats done, i can see 2 "luffer" cranes working on the 2 towers. i cant imagine 2 tower cranes that model could work that close together. especially if the east office tower is starting soon too.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 3:31 AM

Would love to get an update on River Centre 2 and also the office building to supposedly go up on the other (north) side of the movie theatre.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
Would love to get an update on River Centre 2 and also the office building to supposedly go up on the other (north) side of the movie theatre.
With this project going from 1x 18 storey office tower in the previous rendering to now 2 in this project...i cant see river centre 2 happening within 5 years if not at all.

275 2nd ave im still curious about. Last year i emailed them and they declined to give details

Maybe someone has some info on them ?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 3:30 PM

Thanks for the pic-posts! I love the drone-view of the entire downtown in one shot.

But is there some distortion from the cam? That footprint/parkade looks kind of small for a double bldg to rise above it. Yes, I know. As an old master used to say, "Patience, Grasshopper!"

Cheers, folks! This area is as good as the town could have hoped for. It took a long time to get going, but it's definitely revitalizing downtown and giving Saskatoon a new face, apart from all those freeway lines that are clogged as soon as they're built. Heh heh heh!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 23, 2017 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Succinctness

Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
With this project going from 1x 18 storey office tower in the previous rendering to now 2 in this project...i cant see river centre 2 happening within 5 years if not at all.

275 2nd ave im still curious about. Last year i emailed them and they declined to give details

Maybe someone has some info on them ?
What's the info that we DO have on this location as of now?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
What's the info that we DO have on this location as of now?
which location? 275? or river centre 2? if its those,

no info that ive seen.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 5:13 PM

My guess is they are both off the books.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
This Friday, the MVA will consider the changes to the project with the increase in height of the condo tower. Revised renderings are provided in the submission package:

http://meewasin.com/assets/upload/re...08.5%20X11.pdf
I dont know about 275 2nd Ave but I know River Centre 2 is a planned office by Triovest who is also a partner in Parcel YY. You will notice that River Centre 2 makes an apperance in the first and a portion of the 3rd last (including shadow) renders. Perhaps it was just an assumption by the artist who put it in for kicks but I like to think that Parcel YY is just the priority at the moment and when that project is done and the market is heating up we will see that project come back to the forefront. Years from now admitttingly but eventually.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatoonborn View Post
I dont know about 275 2nd Ave but I know River Centre 2 is a planned office by Triovest who is also a partner in Parcel YY. You will notice that River Centre 2 makes an apperance in the first and a portion of the 3rd last (including shadow) renders. Perhaps it was just an assumption by the artist who put it in for kicks but I like to think that Parcel YY is just the priority at the moment and when that project is done and the market is heating up we will see that project come back to the forefront. Years from now admitttingly but eventually.
yeah good point. i wonder if theyll take the north office parcel Y tower as priority before river centre 2? does a company go , " id like to occupy river centre 2 for 2021, and then triovest begins construction", or would triovest decline that offer and force company X into the parcel Y north tower ? not sure how these things go.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 6:03 PM

I think logically they would, unless River Centre 2 meets requirements that RL north does not somehow or that 2 companies are vying for large office spaces.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 2:02 AM

After several moments of deep thought due to some gentle nudging regarding the question of site prep vs. construction, we'll break with long standing Man/Sask tradition of the at grade standard and list this one as U/C. Not going to debate it here so PM me if any questions arise...

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 6:07 PM

constant work being done on site, even until late, drove past a few times between 10-11pm and the crane is moving. saw another concrete pour on the way to work this morning. couple weeks until grade level ?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan