HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 12:22 AM
Bruatalism gets no respec

You're going to have to buy in Ward 3 between the Canon and Barton strip. That's the best you can do, but I believe also has the best potential of increase. When the new stadium and HHS buildings seed the area, and Ottawa st is proving to be the Locke St of the east.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Rosedale would be so nice! But there is nothing in that area for under $160K and certainly nothing with a garage. I shouldn't say 'nothing', there is one house for $154K but it's right on Main near Park Row. But it's in need of a fair bit of work for that price.
Just north of the Queenston traffic circle and east of Strathearne you will find houses for 160k right around Barton before Parkdale...they consider it a industrial sector so the prices are a lower there..or around the Centre Mall, like Harmony street near east hamilton radio..couple houses there going for 145k...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2012, 12:18 AM

THanks IronWarrior I will check into Rosedale more then.

What do people think about Paling just south of Barton (closer to Britannia)?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 1:41 PM

We're putting an offer in on a house just south of Centre Mall, close to Ottawa Street.... it's a small house for a great price so it's a perfect starter home for my brother. Crossing our fingers the offer is accepted!!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2012, 1:50 AM

Just an update and a thank you. My brother bought a small fixxer upper on Rosslyn North. It's not a perfect neighbourhood but the price was unbeatable, my brother is happy, and the neighbours on both sides are great.

I do have one question though, he's looking to get internet and would like unlimited... is Teksavvy his best bet in the area he's in for unlimited?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2012, 7:54 PM
Hammer'd

Definitely. I have Teksavvy and they're great for unlimited DSL. You can either get the standard package with 300GB or the unlimited one. The 300GB one is more than enough for me.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Jul 24, 2012, 10:04 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

Rosslyn St might be within the free Hamilton wireless service.

Last edited by realcity; Jul 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post
Rosslyn St might be within the free Hamilton wireless service.
Oh I had no idea there was such a service out there! I'll have to google it and hope for the best, that would be awesome.

I'm actually visiting him for a few days and LOVE Ottawa Street North! I've been to Helens for breakfast, the gluten/vegan friendly bakery a few stores up from Helens, and to the Farmers Market twice now. And the hat store is awesome!! I'm actually considering buying rental property around Ottawa but am probably too scared to make that plunge!

Thanks everyone, your information really helped my brother and I a lot!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2012, 5:32 AM

Congrats!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2015, 4:42 PM

Smile Good help in Hamilton

I live in Hamilton not downtown though, but Alex Moshkovich was a big help to me when finding the right home for the right price. He was very professional and efficient when working with me. See what he can do for you, he really is good at what he does: http://www.realestateforcanadians.com/

What do you think?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion