HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Feb 12, 2010, 4:47 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon View Post
Which is why we haven't really noticed anything. I'm not sure if ANY of those projects have actually started and even if they did they won't have much of a visible impact.
Some definitely would be noticed. I just question the whole "shovel-ready" premise as they certainly don't seem to be started.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2010, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Some definitely would be noticed. I just question the whole "shovel-ready" premise as they certainly don't seem to be started.
Yeah well, the more important criteria seemed to be the end date rather than the start date. Plus they counted ready to start engineering work as 'shovel ready', as it is still stimulus.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2010, 6:07 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Humphrey.Appleby View Post
Yeah well, the more important criteria seemed to be the end date rather than the start date. Plus they counted ready to start engineering work as 'shovel ready', as it is still stimulus.
Ah. Well, as long as something comes out of it. I'm really looking forward to the realtime LRT info - waiting on a platform in winter is excruciating when you have no idea how long it's gonna be.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2010, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon View Post
Which is why we haven't really noticed anything. I'm not sure if ANY of those projects have actually started and even if they did they won't have much of a visible impact.

It also sounds like horrible value for $300M.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2010, 11:17 PM
Round Head

The City needs to become more self sufficient financially. It's difficult to plan and build strategically when you're constantly relying on grants (which are often politically motivated) from senior levels of government.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2010, 5:31 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
The City needs to become more self sufficient financially. It's difficult to plan and build strategically when you're constantly relying on grants (which are often politically motivated) from senior levels of government.
Amen.

Albert Einstein

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy