HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ue View Post
Halifax, Quebec City, Hamilton, London, Niagara Falls, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, and Victoria should have LRT.

Charlottetown, Moncton, Trois-Rivieres, Sherbrooke, Kingston, Peterborough, Guelph, Regina, Lethbridge, Kelowna, and Nanaimo should have streetcars.

Toronto should have a DRL/Queen subway, College subway, and I could even see a case for Eglinton being subway. LRT is fine for it, though I wonder about it's usefulness 50 years down the road.

Kitchener and Ottawa should've had LRT decades ago. Edmonton should've had lines to NAIT, Mill Woods, and the West End decades ago. Calgary's C-Train should've never been built above ground and Edmonton's future lines shouldn't be above ground downtown. It's cheap and causes issues down the road. The Metro to Laval should extend to Carrefour Laval and area.

Only Vancouver, Calgary (ish), and Montreal really have decent transit coverage. I guess a case could be argued for Ottawa as well, with its robust BRT.
I would think that Niagara Falls, Saskatoon, Victoria, Windsor and Halifax are still not quite large enough to justify LRT. It seems like once a metro reaches 500,000, it becomes more feasible to have it.

It's a shame that London is going with just BRT now, as opposed to the original LRT/BRT combo. It's big enough, and traffic is horrible to justify at least partial LRT.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada