HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 11:44 AM
BUFF$LUT

Does anyone know what's being done to G-Spot/Hot Rods? It seems like they're adding a 2nd floor, and it also looks like that second story will connect with Badlands' upstairs, but I may be wrong.

Wburg buddy I know you know!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2011, 9:43 PM

A new nightclub is being built above Hot Rods and the G Spot. The specific format or theme for the club is somewhat flexible right now. It will have a larger dance floor than Badlands, and have the option to have 18 and over nights with food service from Hot Rods. There will be a balcony in the back that overlooks the Badlands patio, however there will not be any access between the two venues.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2011, 4:12 AM

RIP La Bonne Soupe Cafe

Old Posted Apr 30, 2011, 6:28 AM
Hindrance to Development

Sad about M. Pont, but he is getting up in years and I imagine he has wanted to retire for a while now. Muntean is pretty terrific if you need your soup fix...if not, at this rate just wait another week, more restaurants will open up!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2011, 10:11 PM

Over the years I tried to go to Bonne Soupe 3 or 4 times, got in line, and gave up before I could order. I'm just not going to wait a half hour for a bowl of soup, no matter how good it is, especially when there's no place to sit and savor it. Le Bonne Soupe did just fine without my business, but I'm sorry I never got to try it.

Close by I like the $8 lunch buffet at Kabul Kabob (729 J). Also Wayside Noodles at 828 J.

Old Posted May 21, 2011, 4:08 PM
Hindrance to Development

From today's Shallit column, it looks like Squeeze Inn is moving into the vacant cafe space in the Pensione K at 17th and K:
Quote:
Squeezing the competition

There's a new entrant in midtown Sacramento's burger wars.

A franchised Squeeze Inn, run by Sabrina Nicola, will open this fall at 1630 K St.

Nicola, who used to work at the flagship Squeeze in south Sac, says she spent a year finding the right spot. Considered and rejected: a site next to Harv's car wash at 19th and L streets, the former Jamba Juice site at 19th and J and the old Cornerstone Restaurant at 24th and J.

The 25-year-old Sac State grad says she likes her 17th and K location partly because not much other retail activity is going on there.

"We just like (the idea) that we could help revitalize that corner."
And, referring to the thread above, a new operator has taken over La Bonne Soupe--apparently with Chef Pont's seal of approval. And there's a pizza-by-the-slice place next door.
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/21/364...o-venture.html

Old Posted Jun 9, 2011, 4:28 AM
Hindrance to Development

Confirmation about the Squeeze Inn's plan to move into the ground floor of Pensione K at 17th and K:

http://www.sacramentopress.com/headl...open_this_fall

Plus I hear there is a Mixed Martial Arts themed sports bar planned for 25th and J Street. The name: "Fight Bar."

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Plus I hear there is a Mixed Martial Arts themed sports bar planned for 25th and J Street. The name: "Fight Bar."
ROFL.. That's like someone's joke that went too far. I can just imagine the place: a bunch of clean-cut beefed-up meatheads in tight "Tapout" shirts sipping cheap cocktails and/or domestic light beers looking around for any "piece of tail" that makes the mistake of walking into that sausage-fest. It's like a box of matches waiting for a spark. A bunch of hormone-raging dudes with tough-guy complexes, mix with alcohol and lack of female action, and wahlah! I'll know to stay clear if that ever gets built! Brah..

Old Posted Jun 10, 2011, 9:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGeoNerd View Post
ROFL.. That's like someone's joke that went too far. I can just imagine the place: a bunch of clean-cut beefed-up meatheads in tight "Tapout" shirts sipping cheap cocktails and/or domestic light beers looking around for any "piece of tail" that makes the mistake of walking into that sausage-fest. It's like a box of matches waiting for a spark. A bunch of hormone-raging dudes with tough-guy complexes, mix with alcohol and lack of female action, and wahlah! I'll know to stay clear if that ever gets built! Brah..

You have no idea... I have heard so many "aquaintances" who are wannabee "cage fighters" etc that are so "PUMPED" about this bar.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugit View Post
That area around 16th and J is great. Ton of places to walk to.

I walked by Parlare last weekend and took a peek inside, still a lot of work to do.

It says they are going to be open in Feb, but I highly doubt that. Slick looking place though. Right along the line like you said of The Park.

Even though it's a chain, I'm really looking foward to McCormick and Schmick's. The Elks is such a cool old building, nice to see some life get put back into that building. Now if they can just put the nightclub back on the top two floors, that would be awesome.

SactownRob might have a problem with that though

Also, I heard the MARRS project is going to have another bar/club in it as well. Adding Bedlands and the new place to that corner is going to make it even crazier. That'll be 6 bars/clubs on like 2 blocks.
WOW!! its looking very nice place, nice to see some life get put back into that building

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnebulin View Post
FWIW - Grange Restaurant in the Citizen Hotel should have a soft opening within a week...website's in process...www.grangesacramento.com
Thanks for the info

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 8:00 PM

I also recommend it to anyone. very Good lunch menu...

Old Posted Jan 7, 2012, 3:36 AM

Paragary has closed down the Cosmopolitan Cafe on K and 10th Street and will replace it with another Cafe Bernardo and R15 sports bar. I think this is a BIG win for K Street. Cafe Bernardo is a well-known and well-liked local brand. It's going to make an impact.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 7:13 PM

Well it's the same owners, but instead of a posh night club it will be a daytime restaurant.. Just telling of what the economic climate is like these days. Will the sportsbar still be "R15" or will they call this sportsbar "K10"?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area