HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 3:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Awesome will there be a pool at this hotel do you know ?
AFAIK - yes

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 3:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

In the T&T today that two roundabouts will be built on the lower part of Dieppe Blvd this summer - at Melanson Rd, and at Belle Foret. This likely has something to do with the new school construction in the area. This shouldn't be a bad idea.......

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 5:40 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
If Sears is getting ready to abandon Canada, then that would lend more credence to the rumour that Cineplex is talking about taking over the Sears space in Regent mall in Freddy as well. Cineplex's lease runs out IIRC in 2016, but I'm sure extensions could be negotiated if a sweet space was on the verge of becoming available.

Your the only person ive heard say that. I think you are wanting that to happen

Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 10:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
In the T&T today that two roundabouts will be built on the lower part of Dieppe Blvd this summer - at Melanson Rd, and at Belle Foret. This likely has something to do with the new school construction in the area. This shouldn't be a bad idea.......
Here's a map showing the Dieppe Blvd extension, and where the two new roundabouts will be built. I have included the location for the new Francophone school being built in the neighbourhood.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 1, 2017 at 2:47 PM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 12:45 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Horizon Place in Dieppe is now topping out at 10 stories.

Of course there's still a lot of work to do. The entire wing over the parking garage still need to be erected, effectively doubling the size of the building.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 1, 2017 at 2:50 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Horizon Place in Dieppe is now topping out at 10 stories.
This is adding some height to Dieppe's skyline.

Last edited by Delusio Cogno; Jul 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM. Reason: image uploaded to https://imgbb.com/

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 3:46 PM

It appears Dieppe is getting into the artistic spirit just as Moncton has done, as they have started painting a large mural on the city hall. Couldn't tell what it was yet as of last night but it takes up the entire brick wall facing Acadie Ave where the library is. Seems like a bit of a strange place being so prominent but curious to see it finished anyway.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
It appears Dieppe is getting into the artistic spirit just as Moncton has done, as they have started painting a large mural on the city hall. Couldn't tell what it was yet as of last night but it takes up the entire brick wall facing Acadie Ave where the library is. Seems like a bit of a strange place being so prominent but curious to see it finished anyway.
Yup! It's part of festival inspire, the art festival that is taking place in Moncton Riverview and Dieppe. There are new instalments going up all over the city, I actually love this idea, especially bringing in these artists from all over the world to paint. My new favourite so far is the trust turtle downtown, it looks amazing.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 5:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Yup! It's part of festival inspire, the art festival that is taking place in Moncton Riverview and Dieppe. There are new instalments going up all over the city, I actually love this idea, especially bringing in these artists from all over the world to paint. My new favourite so far is the trust turtle downtown, it looks amazing.
Where downtown is the turtle located???

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Where downtown is the turtle located???
Here is a map of where all the art work is throughout the greater Moncton area, photo credit inspire facebook page. It's behind the news 91.9 building on the building right next to it. I think it's called the starving artists, the back of the building is grey. On Facebook search festival inspire, their photo is yellow and says inspire, there's are photos of the art work there.

[IMG]20017751_1991734824404275_4012204546467741422_o by 21c3b2803a80ebbed945f6f190bb0907, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by Monctoncore; Jul 13, 2017 at 10:22 PM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2017, 11:09 PM

Horizon Place is now working on the 5th floor above the parking garage!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2017, 2:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice pic!

The thing I appreciate most about Horizon Place is it's visibility and how it contributes to a developing skyline.

I find Horizon Place especially impressive looking when driving southbound on Paul Street. It gives a whole new urban feel to the entire streetscape.

Another place where it makes a big difference is driving eastbound on Main Street in Moncton, beginning at about the Marriott Hotel. Horizon Place is strategically located right on the trajectory of Main Street at that point and conveys an impression of incredible depth to the skyline of the city at that point. This will be compounded if a 14 storey Harper Street hotel ever gets built.......

Old Posted Aug 3, 2017, 2:37 PM

There is a Subway going into a unit in the new dental clinic at the corner of Amirault/Chartersville where the Caisse Populaire was. Signage is up already.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2017, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
There is a Subway going into a unit in the new dental clinic at the corner of Amirault/Chartersville where the Caisse Populaire was. Signage is up already.
Yes the one beside snb is moving there. It's going to be a whole new concept location

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
Yes the one beside snb is moving there. It's going to be a whole new concept location
Tenants seem not to want to stay at 200 Champlain the old Don Cherry's/M.I.C. location is still empty since last I past by, and there are several offices upstairs that have emptied in the last few months if I'm not mistaken.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 6:19 AM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Tenants seem not to want to stay at 200 Champlain the old Don Cherry's/M.I.C. location is still empty since last I past by, and there are several offices upstairs that have emptied in the last few months if I'm not mistaken.
Agreed, must be high rent or maybe just an undesirable location, I'm more leaning towards high rent. Sad really.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
Agreed, must be high rent or maybe just an undesirable location, I'm more leaning towards high rent. Sad really.
This may not be the correct forum, but people often don't realize what makes up a commercial or retail rent. Most newer retail (and some mixed office retail) buildings and plazas in moncton charge what is termed triple-net rent. So tenants pay both a net rent (averages around $17-19 per sqft) and a common cost (averages $10-12 sqft). Net rent is what the owner of the building charges to pay their mortgage and with any luck, make some return. The common cost is made up of about 90% provincial and federal tax and 10% property maintenance such as snow, landscaping etc. So for every entrepreneur tenant leasing building space, 35% of that rent goes 100% to the govt not the real estate owner. Commercial property tax keeps on rising and net rents are staying the same or even decreasing, because tenants can not afford anymore or they just can't run a successful business. Why do you think Amazon is wining?

And with the recent govt proposal to significantly increase taxation of small to medium corporations, the individuals who take all the risk to create a business and employ people, it could be the demise of entrepreneurs. Govt should rather encourage these risk takers to save, re-invest and grow not punish!

So when people talk about "high rents," you are really talking about out of control property tax.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 11:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

No, I don't think it's inappropriate to talk about these issues in this forum at all, if for no other reason than to let people who may not otherwise know, what the obstacles are that confront small business people.

In the MH35 section, I alluded to the fact that the "one dollar rent" deal that the Moncton Public Library had with the Blue Cross Centre was fallacious. Although the "rent" is truly one dollar, the library is still subject to all the common area expenses that you mentioned, and this is actually a considerable amount, similar to the lease payments wanted from MH35 if the library had moved to the old Moncton High School.

You are also correct to mention the new rules that the Trudeau government wants to institute concerning privately incorporated small businesses, especially concerning "passive investment". It's getting to the point that it doesn't make much sense to incorporate anymore (except for the liability protection that incorporation provides). You can "make the rich pay", but if you make them pay too much, these small business owners and professionally incorporated individuals may take off to someplace warmer and friendlier like Texas or California to live and work...........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Aug 6, 2017 at 12:11 AM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2017, 12:38 AM

Off topic from the current conversation, has anyone else looked at Dieppe's webcam viewing the new hotel, at night the cam makes it look like something out of the movie Tron. Also the Champlain-Acadie cam during the day lets you see the impact the new apartments will have on the skyline and I think with this trend of people living in their own, we may see more large scale apartments in the near future. *** Moncton needs to up their webcam game in the city!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 12:42 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Horizon Place - current status:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XKW6vW]

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces