HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 16, 2013, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv94117 View Post
I think it looks cheaper because of the color of the stone that they chose - it looks like precast.
I think this is the key. The other Foundry buildings are using maroon, sandy orange, and pine green colors. The beige doesn't look as strong in comparison. I don't think it looks as cheap in person as it does in the photos.

Here's a photo from today, 6/16/2013:

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 7:14 AM
She needs her space

I'll add more that I took today as well since they are slightly different...

Old Posted Jun 25, 2013, 7:08 AM

Google was in talks to lease Foundry III (~290,000 sq ft available), but backed away:

Quote:
Google is still said to be looking for about 300,000 square feet, although the search engine giant backed away after coming very close to leasing Tishman Speyer’s Foundry Square III, which is under construction.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2013, 10:38 PM
She needs her space

Old Posted Aug 9, 2013, 4:18 PM

Not sure how long it's been up, or how much longer it will be up, but Tishman has a live construction webcam for FSIII:

https://join.me/fs3-camera

Old Posted Aug 9, 2013, 7:27 PM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesweeper View Post
Not sure how long it's been up, or how much longer it will be up, but Tishman has a live construction webcam for FSIII:

https://join.me/fs3-camera
Stealing it for my signature. New webcam posts are the best posts in the forum and get buried so easily.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2013, 6:14 AM
heavy user of walkability

socketsite had a blurb about the inside living wall and 'public' art

Old Posted Aug 15, 2013, 7:33 AM
She needs her space

Crane is down.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2013, 12:21 AM
She needs her space

There was a crane installing HVAC/systems stuff today (chiller, boiler, etc). Me thinks that this could mean they have a tenant. Granted, this building was built for large floorplate/high employment density users, but often a single-occupant user will work with landlord to select the systems they will need to satisfy their comfort and use requirements. This could be a complicated system that can tier up during peak hours or tier down during off hours, etc etc. These things are custom selected for such tenants.

So that could be good news for 222 Second revving up.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2013, 4:14 PM

J.K. Dineen says they've got an anchor tenant:

Quote:
Virginia-based Telecommunications company NeuStar Inc. is set to make a grand entrance into San Francisco’s south financial district after agreeing to a 144,000-square-foot deal to become the anchor tenant of Tishman Speyer’s Foundry Square III.

Knowledgeable real estate sources confirmed that NeuStar, which has never had a significant presence in San Francisco, has agreed to take four floors of the new speculative development at 505 Howard St., a 10-story building that Tishman Speyer is constructing with equity partner JP Morgan Chase Asset Management.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2013, 4:53 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms3_redux View Post
There was a crane installing HVAC/systems stuff today (chiller, boiler, etc). Me thinks that this could mean they have a tenant. Granted, this building was built for large floorplate/high employment density users, but often a single-occupant user will work with landlord to select the systems they will need to satisfy their comfort and use requirements. This could be a complicated system that can tier up during peak hours or tier down during off hours, etc etc. These things are custom selected for such tenants.

So that could be good news for 222 Second revving up.
Larger mechanical systems, such as chillers, cooling towers, roof mounted HVAC units, are usually part of the base building contract. Individual tenants will have smaller systems which can be tweaked for their needs. Even these smaller systems tie-in into the overall mechanical system of the base structure.

-sb

Old Posted Sep 22, 2013, 7:45 AM

walked by here tonight, and the living wall in the main lobby is quite visible, lit up at night:

close-up, showing that some is still in progress:

the trees outside in the corner plaza had also been 'installed', but work is ongoing there as well

Old Posted Sep 23, 2013, 3:08 PM
Build Baby Build

Just a reminder also: I have a really good live webcam of this building 24/7 in my signature. Can see the foliage at night.

Foundry 3 looks like it is going to be wrapped up by the end of the year.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2013, 5:52 PM
She needs her space

B]Foundry III[/B]

Pictures taken 10/13/2013.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2013, 4:15 AM

just a random shot showing how it integrates itself with one of its brethren:

Old Posted Dec 22, 2013, 11:38 PM

fencing is down so the courtyard out front is more visible now. much the same as the other three Foundrys. looking towards Howard:

here is the back side, on Tehama alley:

SOMA is definitely losing, piece by piece, its old gritty feeling. I *think* it was on Tehama that I took this pic about 12 years ago:

Old Posted Dec 23, 2013, 2:34 AM

in the beginning

since this pretty much wraps up Foundry Square, why not a shot from back near the time when it all began (Jan 2002), a time when 2-megapixel cameras were state-of-the-art... looking east down Howard at Foundry II (the first one that went up), just to bring us full circle

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive