HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 7:21 PM

I wasn't really sure which thread to post this in, but it looks like the parcel where the second tower of the One Rincon Hill development is to be built is close to being sold to Crescent Heights. They seem to be very confident in the SF market these days with this project, 45 Lansing across the street, and the huge new development under construction at 10th and Market.

From www.socketsite.com:

Quote:
While not a done deal, according to a plugged-in source the undeveloped site for the second tower of One Rincon Hill is now in contract. And if our source is correct, Miami-based Crescent Heights which has started construction on 749 units at 1401 Market Street and owns the parcel at 45 Lansing on which a proposed 320 units will rise across the street from One Rincon Hill should emerge as the buyer, or possibly an equity partner.
Source: http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...e_in_play.html

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 8:24 PM
Babylon falling

Hello my brethren from the Bay, I know this isn't exactly relating to development but I wanted to get your take on my idea. I'm obviously hoping that another NFL team besides the Chargers makes the move to LA and I was trying to think about why the Raiders wouldn't want to move back there.

Here is my reasoning. The Raiders are like the "New Bengals/Browns" of the NFL. Not one winning season in 9 years. This year the long suffering Texans and Lions qualified while the Raiders still wallow away in mediocrity and maybe worse next season. I can't see how their fan base in the Bay Area/Sacramento could possibly be growing seeing that they have stunk for so long and the 49ers seem to definitely be trending upwards.

There is excitement up there for the the Niners and thoughts of better things to come and a competitive team for the next few years. So obviously the Raiders will continue to be the stepchild of the NFL up there with their hard core fans but little else.

I would love to hear your reaction to this, especially since talks of sharing the Santa Clara facility seem to be breaking off. why wouldn't Mark Davis and the other shareholders want to go be the big dog in LA and have a huge market all to themselves instead of having a decreasing share of a smaller market in the worst facility in the NFL?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
I can't see how their fan base in the Bay Area/Sacramento could possibly be growing seeing that they have stunk for so long and the 49ers seem to definitely be trending upwards.
Well, they sold out every home game this year which is definitely a sign of growth as they haven't done so since their return to Oakland.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-to-oakland/

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 9:37 PM

Some good news for South of Market and SF in general:

Quote:
South of Market runs out of space
San Francisco Business Times
Date: Friday, January 6, 2012, 7:15am PST

Landlords in San Francisco’s South of Market may soon have to resort to something more commonly seen on roadside motels: no vacancy signs.
After the strongest leasing year since 1988, the city’s hottest neighborhood has just a 3.3 percent vacancy rate, according to a fourth quarter report from Jones Lang LaSalle . Out of nearly 3.5 million square feet in SoMa, just 112,000 square feet is vacant and ready for occupancy. The situation is even more pronounced for tenants seeking Class A space. In the fourth quarter, the data mining company Splunk took 23,362 square feet at 250 Brannan St. That ...
SOURCE: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...-of-space.html

Old Posted Jan 7, 2012, 7:05 AM

Quote:
In one fell swoop Salesforce’s lease at 50 Fremont St. wipes out the biggest vacancy in the financial district and makes it much more likely that a developer will start work on a speculative office highrise in 2012.
Quote:
Thus large tenants who want to be in the heart of the financial district will be under increasing pressure to look at new construction. Entitled towers that are ready to go include Tishman Speyer ’s 222 Second St., GLL’s 350 Mission St., Lincoln Property Co. ’s 350 Bush St., Wilson Meany Sullivan’s final Foundry Square building, and Beacon Capital Partner’s 535 Mission St.
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...-downtown.html

Old Posted Jan 7, 2012, 9:24 PM
Loving the Change

I've been lurking for a couple of years and appreciating all you guys posting and keeping me abreast of all the fun changes on the horizon for the city that I love. But I decided in 2012 I'm going to try to be a little active on the site...well, at least register for the site! Unfortunately, I live in NoPa and work at SF General so I don't have much opportunity to post cutting edge stuff...but I can at least keep people posted on the development of the new SFGH hospital.

That said - 1977 - this is going to sound probably a little stupid but...
When Crescent Heights does start construction at the Rincon Hill site...are they going to go with the original plan for that building or will they be modifying the tower?

Also, are their any images of the 45 Lansing location? I'm not a huge fan of the look of the Rincon tower, but I like that it extends the skyline south...however its soooo lonely. I am hoping it gets some sweet-lookin' little buddies!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 12:57 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminEyeSF View Post
I've been lurking for a couple of years and appreciating all you guys posting and keeping me abreast of all the fun changes on the horizon for the city that I love. But I decided in 2012 I'm going to try to be a little active on the site...well, at least register for the site!
Welcome GeminEyeSF from a fellow Gemini in a neighborhood with very little new development. It's always good to have new forumers in the City!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2012, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminEyeSF View Post
That said - 1977 - this is going to sound probably a little stupid but...
When Crescent Heights does start construction at the Rincon Hill site...are they going to go with the original plan for that building or will they be modifying the tower?

Also, are their any images of the 45 Lansing location? I'm not a huge fan of the look of the Rincon tower, but I like that it extends the skyline south...however its soooo lonely. I am hoping it gets some sweet-lookin' little buddies!
Welcome GeminEyeSF! Looking forward to some SF General updates.

Regarding ORH Tower II...

I'm not sure about the design but I'm guessing they would keep it as is and build apartments (most likely mapped for condo conversion) for the time being. But, as I said, that's just a guess.

As for 45 Lansing:

Thread link: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=115515
Project link: www.45lansing.com/

Old Posted Jan 9, 2012, 11:37 PM

Looks like renovation of 680 Folsom is starting. The crane went up this weekend.

[IMG] IMG00834 by pseudolus1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Jan 10, 2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
Looks like renovation of 680 Folsom is starting. The crane went up this weekend.

[IMG] IMG00834 by pseudolus1, on Flickr[/IMG]
Awesome! Thanks for the pic.

Socketsite had a little blurb about it today as well:

Quote:
As a number of tipsters have noted, over the weekend a construction crane sprouted at 680/690 Folsom Street as the $87 million building overhaul we first showcased back in 2008 finally moves forward...

SOURCE: www.socketsite.com

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 9:25 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Avalon Bay/Whole Foods project on Ocean Avenue. The first building was unwrapped recently.

[IMG] IMG00807 by pseudolus1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mostly stucco (the white), a bit of wood siding (light green), terra cotta around the window insets, gray stone tiles (granite?) on the first floor.
Hmmm. It looks pretty good in that shot, but I'm not enthused about the amount of stucco -- especially on the most prominent corner. What do you think about it, having seen it for yourself?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 9:27 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
FINALLY!!!! My goodness that took a long time. I gave up on that project a long time ago. I hear macys.com might be moving in there (a friend of mine used to work for them).

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 9:29 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Oh, and welcome GeminEye! Glad to have another local on the board. It feels like we've lost a bit of the SF community on here over the past couple of years.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 5:24 AM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Oh, and welcome GeminEye! Glad to have another local on the board. It feels like we've lost a bit of the SF community on here over the past couple of years.
As development activity dropped off so did activity in the forums.

GeminEye, welcome!

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 8:52 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Welcome GeminEye, I've been spending a lot of time at SF General recently, and am pleased to see contruction cranes on the scene!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 6:37 PM

2558 Mission

I've read about this project at 2558 Mission but hadn't seen any renderings until now.

Quote:
San Francisco, CA
Size: 158,500 sf
Client: Oyster Development Corp.
110 Market Rate Condominums will inhabit this urban site adjacent to the New Mission Theater.
The project showcases quality and urban living. Meticulous detail 'weaves' the project tightly into the existing vibrant urban fabric. Small meticulously designed one and two bedroom condominiums bring value and density the neighborhood. The design utilizes contemporary design and materials to bring individuality to the building and dwelling units.

Source: http://www.kwanhenmi.com/

More renderings:
http://www.kwanhenmi.com/projects/otb/2558mission.html

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 11:44 PM

first post!

I too am a relatively recent lurker, and fan of the site. As I see many of the bigger ongoing projects in the city (10th x market; 8th x mission; transbay) and others somewhat less frequently (SF jazz; 15th x misison) I figured I should register and contribute to the convo.

Anyway, happy to report that cement has recently been poured at 8th and mission, probably 20-25 ft below ground level. Looks like that might start rising soon.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2012, 1:55 AM

Thanks for the info and welcome jbm!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2012, 6:41 AM
Sonoma Strong

I like the design of 2558 Mission, not quite sure about the color.

Welcome jbm!

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2012, 6:05 PM
Chairman

The link below shows a rendering of the renovated 680 Folsom:
http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...lly_begin.html

(If the posted link does not show an accurate rendering, then someone please correct me. It is most likely posted on some previous page however I am feeling a bit lazy today thanks in part of a co-worker who has turned the office into Carribean type temperatures.)

-sb

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations