HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 1:22 PM
Martian

^^^

Wow, thank you so much, that looks great. I agree about building subway to west hollywood, you mean branching off at highland/hollywood and continuing west, correct? It would make a lot of sense, west hollywood is one of the densest most walkable places in LA, after all of those lines are built it would remain as the most urban place in the city not served by rail. Well it and Venice but I don't even know how they can extend rail to venice or if anyone is even thinking about that right now.

I would also like to see the Crenshaw line extended north to Wilshire, it makes no sense to have that whole line and have it not connect to Wilshire and the rest of the west side directly without having to go thru downtown. It would make a lot more sense for people taking the line from the airport.

I would also love to see the line in the valley converted to rail and possibly extended east to Burbank and Glendale, but that's probably not gonna happen.

I gotta say though, when all of this is built, I think taking transit in LA will finally be a truly viable option for "normal" people. You'll be able to visit downtown, hollywood, westwood, century city, DT santa monica, culver city, DT pasadena, dense beach cities in south bay, long beach AND have direct rail access to LAX and union station. Oh and Universal Studios. That covers a huge chunk of the most visited places in LA. Feels good to list them. I can't wait. But I am not holding my breath haha

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation