HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Northeast

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 9:55 PM

It is because they are all headed to the Canadian side. This is what 20 million concentrated visitors in a small area can produce:

Oh, and jodelli, Detroit are Buffalo are not that similar. Say what you want, but it simply isn't like Detroit.

BTW, I didn't know the Falls received more visitors than Disney, but then again it doesn't cost $200 just to step in the door of the park and buy a soda with a burger.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2012, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon716 View Post
^^The Buffalo-Niagara region isn't anything like Detroit,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodelli View Post
You're right about that.
I'm sticking to my opinion about suburbs being pretty much the same everywhere however.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 3:01 PM
Faith in Philadelphia.

Comparing Canada to America is like comparing China to one of its third world neighbors; USA is almost considered second world anyway. I plan on moving to Canada within a few years. Not my fault i'm an American.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 1:11 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
Unfortunately, I doubt that these people appreciate your fashionable attire.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Whether NF NY will grow again remains to be seen, but these people obviously have no problem growing.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 6:22 PM

I'm all about the wineries on the Canadian side of the falls!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperGuru View Post
Comparing Canada to America is like comparing China to one of its third world neighbors; USA is almost considered second world anyway. I plan on moving to Canada within a few years. Not my fault i'm an American.
Canada isn't perfect, and America has a lot of "perfect" spots within, but overall I still think based on my life experience that Canada has a better long term trajectory than we do. Our shrinking middle class is this way because of policies and procedures the middle class allows, largely because people don't understand the role of government (as I see it) or that it can affect change for economic classes in profoundly positive ways if properly utilized. The American public isn't in the mood to use government for that end, and I don't see it happening again. Issues range from health care to employment to protections in the workplace, but it all comes down to the role of government.

Canada has a better balance, and despite the current government the underlying difference is still there.

I wish you luck, but if you're new to this let me tell you it'll be a long road to travel. I can provide you some insight if you want as I'm making the same journey.

If I'm stuck in the US for the rest of my life, there's always San Francisco. It truly is the "perfect" part of America, IMO. Although, I'd be depressed that I could likely never afford a high rise condo in the city. So, Canada (Toronto specifically) is still my love. LOL

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 2:39 AM

Nice view.............not!! ....... And good bye skycraperguru. ....... Can anything grow there with all the chemicals left behind?..

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 5:04 AM

I believe cheap hydroelectric power will once again bring back prosperity to the Niagara Region and Western NY.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 6:04 PM

Here is an interesting initiative going on there: http://live-nf.com/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Northeast