HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 8:47 AM

My future home

I've been designing my future home for a while now and finally I have something to show you guys.

Here's the house from southeast:

The house from southwest. The front door on the right and the side door leading to the utility room on the left:

The living room seen from the small hallway:

More renders to follow...

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 9:02 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Woah! Awesome! I loveee modeling houses, they're far more challenging to me than skyscrapers and I love the challenge. But when I render them they come out blah! These are the best render I've ever gotten.

Are you also working on the terrain? Will you give us a floorplan? I have so many questions but I don't want to overwhelm you.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 1:17 PM
Closed account

Wow!Thats awsome! I love modeling houses too but they turn out bad.(sometimes)Anyway the renders rock! Great job!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 2:02 PM

good work, you got the furniture models from 3d warehouse?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 2:25 PM

Wow, excellent job! I've never attempted to design a house, interior and all. That must have taken you a long time. It'd be awesome if you could actually build it someday.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 2:28 PM
World Machine

This looks really great and creative. Thanks for sharing this and I hope to see more.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 5:43 PM

its like the rest of your designs clean ,simple,pleasing and so on..
its just enough and not too much

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 5:58 PM

I like the front, it's nice and private. Can't wait to see the garden side! And a floorplan would be awesome. I like plans.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 8:00 PM

I especially like the pictures of the old rocane buildings, real classy stuff. I am kinda confused by the shape and all but it looks really cool so I am excited to see more.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 8:25 PM

Looks good, it'll be interesting to see those thin windows from the inside - they look great outside.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 8:44 AM

Thank you very much for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Woah! Awesome! I loveee modeling houses, they're far more challenging to me than skyscrapers and I love the challenge. But when I render them they come out blah! These are the best render I've ever gotten.

Are you also working on the terrain? Will you give us a floorplan? I have so many questions but I don't want to overwhelm you.
I agree that houses are challenging, 'cause they require so much detail and really good textures / materials to look realistic - 'cause they're viewed from so short distance. I think you're renders look really good btw.

I'm not working on the terrain much. I ran out of patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchup_fan View Post
good work, you got the furniture models from 3d warehouse?
No. Some of the furniture are from the basic set that comes with Sketchup (the couch, the chairs and exterior furniture), but mostly I made them from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggkruka View Post
I like the front, it's nice and private. Can't wait to see the garden side! And a floorplan would be awesome. I like plans.
Yep, one purpose for the small amount of glass on the front side is privacy. Other is the fact that because it's the south wall, the lack of glass helps to keep the house cooler in the summer. I like air conditioning in my car but not in my house. Those thin windows can be opened to ventilate the house.

Here's more renders:

The house from northwest:

The house from northeast:

The kitchen:

Some kind of a floorplan. It doesn't show where the doors and windows are, but when I finish all the rooms, I can give you a birds eye view render of the house.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 9:11 AM
Desert Dweller

What do you do for a living Vellu, those renderings just look professional as hell!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 8:19 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Awesome renders! The thing I hate about houses is that you really have to mix everything well, stick with as few styles as possible, or else it looks like a crappy house from Arizona [no offense Pat]. The floorplan of the house has to be well put together too or else it feels weird and I get bored. Your floor plan has a good flow to it. What are those dark-tiled floors next to the kitchen? They can't be pantries can they? They're huge!

Anyways, the hardest part of a house is the kitchen and bathrooms imo. The textures have to be perfect or else they don't work in Kerk.

Btw, where did you get that sexy bamboo texture? Can I have some please?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2009, 8:33 AM

Thanks again, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
What do you do for a living Vellu, those renderings just look professional as hell!
Well, my job has nothing to do with rendering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Awesome renders! The thing I hate about houses is that you really have to mix everything well, stick with as few styles as possible, or else it looks like a crappy house from Arizona [no offense Pat]. The floorplan of the house has to be well put together too or else it feels weird and I get bored. Your floor plan has a good flow to it. What are those dark-tiled floors next to the kitchen? They can't be pantries can they? They're huge!

Anyways, the hardest part of a house is the kitchen and bathrooms imo. The textures have to be perfect or else they don't work in Kerk.

Btw, where did you get that sexy bamboo texture? Can I have some please?
Well, I'm pretty satisfied with the floorplan, but if this ever got built, I probably would change it. There's some unnecessary corridors and stuff like that. The dark-tiled room on the right side of the kitchen is the pantry. You can see its steel door in the kitchen render. The three dark tiled rooms left of the kitchen are the utily room (the long narrow room) with the laundry machines and stuff like that, the bathroom and the sauna (the room with the angled wall).

I think the hardest part of indoor renderings are the soft materials, especially fabric. It is very hard to make them look realistic.

That wood material isn't actually bamboo, but oak. I think I got the floor texture from this model in the 3d Warehouse http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...6af062a1d19f5b. I basically used the same texture for some of the furniture as well, I just reduced the redness and for some surfaces the size as well.

Here's more renderings:

The master bedroom:

Looking from the master bedroom towards the atrium:

The atrium at night with the study / guestroom on the other side:

The fotos on the walls were taken by my wife.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2009, 11:31 AM
Desert Dweller

Kay, I'm envious. Are you modeling this house just for fun or an idea of whats to come?

Old Posted Jul 18, 2009, 1:00 PM
Closed account

All I have to say that this house is PERFECT and the renders are AWSOME!

I love that every room you do is that you put so much detail into it!Nice plants you have! Anyway what is the file size for the house? I just love it

!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2009, 2:24 PM
<:

this is nice, youre really great on rendering, and im also amazed on the design.

the kitchen rendering looks so pro! perfect lighting and setting

Old Posted Jul 19, 2009, 1:08 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Okay, where did you get those wood floors? They look awesome. I think my problem with Kerk is that they don't have enough textures. And you're right about the fabrics, they look bad and are hard to make. Tiles are hard too because sometimes they look like a glossy picture on the ground and you don't see the depth in the cracks and all. And my last issue is that you don't have enough space to make good looking renderings because of the walls!

Those renderings are great, how tall are the ceilings? Do you windows have double glass or just a single one? Do you plan on working on new houses later on?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2009, 6:37 AM

WOW!!! These are 25 times better than the first post. These are not only just fun to look at, but makes me want to try and make a house of my own. Just BTW,That picture above the bed is great.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2009, 12:28 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup