HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 1:07 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post
This matches the rest of the city well.
Thanks!

Anyway here is a another factory. Sorry for the crappy smog. I don't have a good editing program.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 10:26 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

haha, nice. industrial areas are some of my favorite parts of cities because they can be developed almost entirely and when old buildings are restores the exposed metal looks fantastic. i say some old warehouses-turned-to-condo's should be in your city.

just not that close to the smog

Old Posted Jul 29, 2010, 4:01 PM
Closed account

Well I have now downloaded Paint.net and i love it. I still use the other program for sharpening the images but I will now use paint.net for editing them further.

Anyway looks like the industry area just outside the port is progressing very nicely.

Here is a ariel shot from an airplane:

Finally here is a skyline shot:Sorry this is sharpened a lot.

Last edited by Flamesrule; Jul 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2010, 9:21 PM

Fun! Are you planning to build any restaurants on those piers?

Old Posted Jul 31, 2010, 9:01 AM

I really like the skyline. The tallest buildings are clustered nicely in the center, plus there's one taller building on the right side to give the skyline a nice balance.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2010, 12:29 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
haha, nice. industrial areas are some of my favorite parts of cities because they can be developed almost entirely and when old buildings are restores the exposed metal looks fantastic. i say some old warehouses-turned-to-condo's should be in your city.

just not that close to the smog
haha, Thanks! I'll try to make old warehoises into condos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post
Fun! Are you planning to build any restaurants on those piers?
Well, As you can see, some f the peirs are right in front of the port. So those will be beat down and old port buildings. As for the piers right next to the industrial zone, there will be a fine dining restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellu View Post
I really like the skyline. The tallest buildings are clustered nicely in the center, plus there's one taller building on the right side to give the skyline a nice balance.
Thanks!

Anyway I finished the port. The port will mostly be for cargo like manufacuring and stuff like that.

Overall Skyline of the city. This could be one of the last skylines until I finish the peninsula.(or maybe not )

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 8:56 AM

Cool, I really love that last skyline shot! Your docks really add a lot to the overall figure of the city. The whole city is proportionate and realistic. Also, the more support infastructure - smaller buildings and other minor additions - which you add, the more awesome the really big structures like ReinCorp Tower start to look.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2010, 7:29 PM
Closed account

^^^thanks JHoward!

haha I just downloaded Photoscape and I like it.(I think) So I'm using the sharpening tool in photofiltre then doing all the rest in photoscape.

Oh and what is GIMP like?

Here is the Tennington Convention Centre.

Looks like Tennnington got a new location:

And I'm only going to do the peninsula and then the airport. Its REALLY lagging and I'm eady to start a new city. So after I FINISH the peninsula and finish the airport I'm done with Tennington.

Last edited by Flamesrule; Aug 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2010, 3:22 PM
Closed account

Well, I suck at airports so I guess this is it. Thanks for all who posted on my thread. I have learned a lot from Dac150 and mostly, Vellu. Thanks Vellu!

Well, from now on you can comment on whatever about my city. screenshots, critics, compliments, anything!

I have made a collage and a video of my city, Tennington. The city has 900,000 people in the main city. The Metero is about 3.5 million with the biggest suburb of Hendorseon of 400,000.Thnaks!

As for my next city, I will make a mid westren city about 500,000 is the population. I will make a new thread in the upcoming weeks but as for now I am taking a break of Skethcup as I get new ideas for my new city. Any suggestions you can PM me. Now here are the remaining pics of Tennington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JVS30iogjo

The city is now COMPLETE! The ONLY 2nd city to do so!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 7:55 AM

Old Posted Aug 10, 2010, 4:15 PM
Closed account

Why thanks! Creative thing to do!

So I should be doing my new city(I have not thought of a name yet) in the next upcoming weeks.

And this time I will be making my own phoo real textures! I will be making them from Google MAps,Brids eye view and bing maps!I can't wait!

Old Posted Aug 14, 2010, 8:51 PM

Waiting to see your new city ...well done on the first one.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 6:48 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota74 View Post
Waiting to see your new city ...well done on the first one.
Hey thanks a lot bro!

Well in a few days expect a new thead consisting of my old and NEW indiv. buildings,small scale buildings, skyscrapers ect. I will show you my showcase of buildings. Expect a update of once a week until October and then expect a update around once a month.From now on I will start updating Freddrick Estates Condos thread about once a week until yet again October. In mid october I will start a new thread for my city- Midland City.

whatcha think?

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 8:11 AM

Cool Coolness...

I'll be hanging around to observe your work as it happens, whenever it happens. Of course, projects like this always depend on when you get hit with a blast of random inspiration, and on how busy life gets.

Sometimes I find myself in the mood to work on my sketchup projects for hours... but then a dry spell comes along when either life is busy, or (more likely) I just don't feel inspired. During those times, I just ignore it and wait until something new and interesting pops into my head. Sooner or later, it always does.

Keep it up!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2010, 1:46 PM
Closed account

Ok, so Tennington City is completed(downtown core). Thats all I was doing anyway) but every now( one every 2 months)and then I'm going to render the city and post a pic or two. These are so the city doesnt go into cyber space and so you can get familar with the city.

Anyway here is a shot of the convention center looking at downtown. I don't know why the coloums got reflected as they are concrete.

Hope you like the frist serios render!

this was a vERY quick render. Some of my really clear ones go on for like 10 hours. I just leave it overnight. I just wanted to make a quick render.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2010, 10:49 PM

did you purge tennington? do you know how? purging models can greatly reduce lag, as it gets rid of unused textures and lines.because if you delete a line, or use a texture, and later get rid of it, they actually don't go away. you have to purge the model to get rid of them perminatly. pm if you need help purging your model.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2010, 11:16 PM
Closed account

Oh i know how to purge models. I did for tennington at the last update. It did help but lag is still. Thanks for the help though,

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 9:45 AM
Architect of the future

really great work!

Hope to see more pics!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup