HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 6:33 PM
testify

this current building cycle in the south fidi/soma/rincon hill/mission bay quadrant is truly the answer to my prayers.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2013, 3:59 AM
heavy user of walkability

not sure it is obvious in the pic, but asphalt is in the process of being scraped up, so I think we can say this is underway:

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 3:09 AM

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 7:49 AM

Thumbs up I love how fast these guys are moving

They only received final approval a few months ago and they're already breaking ground.

Meanwhile, just a block away both 340 Fremont and 399 Fremont were first approved over 7 years ago, and are still waiting to break ground.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 6:55 AM

Missed this last month

The official press release:

Quote:
Transbay Block 6, New 32-story Luxury Apartments Complex, Announced in San Francisco’s SoMa District
POSTED ON OCTOBER 31, 2013

SAN FRANCISCO—Multi-Employer Property Trust (MEPT) together with its real estate advisor, Bentall Kennedy, and international real estate development firm, Golub & Company announces the development of Transbay Block 6, a 32-story, 409-unit luxury high-rise complex in San Francisco’s SoMa (South of Market) District. Plans for the complex at 299 Fremont Street include an apartment tower, townhome residences, a ground-level courtyard and street-front retail. Groundbreaking is expected by year-end 2013, with expected completion in late 2015.

“San Francisco is one of the strongest multi-family markets in North America, thanks to our city’s strong economic and demographic growth,” observed San Francisco-based Amy Price, Chief Operating Officer of Bentall Kennedy U.S. “This opportunity is a highly strategic fit for MEPT’s multifamily investment criteria, including the opportunity to partner with an experienced urban multifamily developer, Golub & Company.”

A Golub & Company team led by principals Michael Newman, President and CEO, and Lee Golub, Executive Vice President, was selected as the developer of the site by the City of San Francisco, owners of the site. According to Newman, “All the pieces of the puzzle fit together for Block 6, which will be a true live/work/play environment. Strong demand for apartments exists today, and we are confident that SoMa will continue to attract young professionals in the rental market for decades to come.”

“Proximity to public transportation is not optional for apartments targeting renters in the millennial generation,” observed David Antonelli, Executive Vice President and MEPT Portfolio Manager at Bentall Kennedy. “299 Fremont Street is centrally located in SoMa near the $4.7 billion Transbay Transit Center currently under construction. This transformative project is expected to serve more than 45 million passengers annually; residents of Block 6 will live three blocks from an easy commute anywhere in the Bay Area, including Silicon Valley.”

Lee Golub observed, “Our development plan emphasizes sustainability and access to everything San Francisco has to offer. This is a vision we share with MEPT, Bentall Kennedy and the City of San Francisco. We’re pleased to be working with this highly experienced and creative development team.”

Designed to achieve U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) Gold certification, the project will create more than 2,500 green jobs and $490 million in economic activity for San Francisco. The San Francisco office of Solomon Cordwell Buenz designed the apartment community and will serve as the architect of record, and the general contractor is a joint venture between Balfour Beatty and Cahill Construction.

The units at 299 Fremont will offer efficient floor plans with luxury finishes and appliances as well as full-height windows offering a combination of views of the city and the bay. Planned community amenities include sky balconies on every third floor of the tower, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and a community room with gourmet kitchen, game room and media lounge. Outdoor spaces will include a rooftop deck, hot tub, gas grills, seating, fireplace and terraces wired for Wi-Fi. Other amenities include a 24-hour doorman, package service, bicycle storage and repair, and dog bathing facility.

“Block 6 represents the second MEPT investment in new construction in San Francisco in the past 18 months. MEPT is also the preferred equity investor in NEMA, a 754-unit apartment complex at 14 10th Street,” explained Paul Boneham, Head of Transactions, Bentall Kennedy U.S. “We continue to seek strategic commercial real estate investment opportunities for MEPT including multifamily, grocery-anchored retail centers in infill locations, Class A CBD office properties and bulk-distribution industrial facilities.”

Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 8:07 AM

I think this will be THE place to live in Soma, perhaps all of SF. I love everything about this building and want a unit here!

Edit: I was excited for this one, until I saw the new renderings xp

Last edited by mt_climber13; Jan 24, 2014 at 8:00 PM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2013, 8:06 PM
She needs her space

Finally, some obvious work - 11/30

Same exact drilling machine as found at 181 Fremont Here:

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 6:13 AM
heavy user of walkability

officially ground-broken

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 8:06 AM

^^^ Great!

And to celebrate...

Some more renderings (check out the fullscreen):

http://www.parisiportfolio.com/portf...sco-california

Initially, I was a little discouraged about the redesign, but I think this is going to be wonderful addition to the area. Have to admit, SCB and Golub are a pretty trustworthy team as well.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 5:50 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Yes, the detailing in those renderings looks very nice. This might be one of those buildings you have to see up close and personal to really appreciate.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 6:19 PM

The title of the thread should be changed to 299 Fremont St.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
The title of the thread should be changed to 299 Fremont St.
No - 299 Fremont is the address of only one of the buildings on Blocks 6&7. There will be multiple addresses on the blocks, including Folsom, Beale and Clementina.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 4:14 AM
Green Berniecrat

My first time checking this out since development started:

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 4:23 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Thanks for all the updates today, Rem. Isn't it amazing how many construction sites you can visit in such a short walk?

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Dec 21, 2013, 4:30 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Thanks for all the updates today, Rem. Isn't it amazing how many construction sites you can visit in such a short walk?
You're very welcome! Indeed, I was able to walk around and get to everything within an hour. The amount of cranes and machinery in this part of town alone is mind boggling, and theres more on the way!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2014, 4:15 AM
Green Berniecrat

Walking by today, excavation has been progressing nicely:

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 5:48 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^I assume that clump of concrete with the scooper sitting on top is the remains of an old Embarcadero Freeway footing. There are probably a few more under other yet-to-be developed lots around here. Not sad to see them go!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 10:42 PM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
^I assume that clump of concrete with the scooper sitting on top is the remains of an old Embarcadero Freeway footing. There are probably a few more under other yet-to-be developed lots around here. Not sad to see them go!
I would think you're correct. Probably around the area where the freeway proper and the ramps to the old terminal separated? I'm glad to see them go as well, that whole complex was just an eyesore really.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 5:08 AM
She needs her space

Does anyone know how deep the hole will be for this one? It seems like it has been leveled at only 1 story deep, though there will be 136 underground parking spaces (keep in mind - 545 total apartments!, including 348 market, 61 BMR, and 136 subsidized affordable). This development is so awesome! I'm very excited.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 7:16 PM
Build Baby Build

Looks like they have finished digging the portions for the town houses. They are probably putting the parking beneath the tower part. 136 parking spaces isn't very many, and probably wouldn't take more than 3 subterranean floors max.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive