HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

15 Hudson Yards in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 4:03 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be2ymqXn...-by=hadleylord

Quote:
There are giants in the sky

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 4:24 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I said it before and yadda-yadda-yadda:

55H is the runt of the litter.

It's only gonna get ginormouser, chaps.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 1:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Can't wait for this first phase to open.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeyQM_Fn...=mariuscalin78

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 9:16 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

What a beast of a complex. I actually like this better than what they've done down at the WTC.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 1:53 PM

Man, this complex is coming out amazing. The diversity in the tower designs, while still working together is really awesome. And to think the other nearby towers have not started rising yet. Agreed with the last post, I like the WTC complex ... but overall this one is coming out better. However it is a lot easier to build a complex people are happy with over a rail yard in an area that was kind of a wasteland than to build over the most policial and emotionally charged areas of the city.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2018, 2:52 PM
New Yorker for life

The Manhattan West towers are rising, but it will be a while before the large towers north, and west off this site begin to make their marks on the skyline. So we can just enjoy this first phase for a while. I'll even enjoy that mall become a fixture in the daily grind of Manhattan, the plaza that will be crowded with tourists taking shots, it will be a slice from the heart of Manhattan, shifted west.

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/2/6/16979...w-midtown-west

Get a preview of Hudson Yards’s Shed this spring
Curious New Yorkers can get a peek at what The Shed will offer as soon as this spring

By Amy Plitt
Feb 6, 2018

Quote:
Beginning May 1, the Shed will offer free programming in a vacant lot on the corner of 30th Street and Tenth Avenue, which is owned by real estate bigwig Frank McCourt (who just so happens to be a “board member and founding supporter” of the arts center, according to a press release). Called “A Prelude to the Shed,” the two-week long event will feature concerts (including one headlined by Azealia Banks), dance battles, panels, and other performances.

The temporary space may not have the same starchitect power as the Shed itself—the larger venue is designed by Diller, Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with the Rockwell Group—but it will echo the Shed’s malleable design. Architect Kunlé Adeyemi of NLÉ Works designed the space, and calls it “an exploration of architecture as an extension of human body, culture, and environment” in a press release.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 1:33 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 4:07 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 4:10 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

We seem to be at that point where the tower's "cleavage" begins to get accentuated and defined via the facade.

Matter of fact, that last shot shows it just beginning where that little rectangular space is..

Last edited by Prezrezc; Feb 14, 2018 at 12:22 AM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:05 AM
Illustrator

Some work being done on the Culture Shed...

Feb 13

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 12:22 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I never reckoned on the surface looking like that.

I expected a bit more translucency and a flatter texture.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 5:04 PM
New Yorker for life

FEBRUARY 13, 2018

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 1:21 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

15 Hudson Yards tops out as megaproject preps for spring 2019 debut

Quote:
More than five years after Hudson Yards got its groundbreaking, the megaproject has reached another milestone: According to developers Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group, 15 Hudson Yards, the complex’s first residential building, has topped out.

The building, designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Rockwell Group, stands 917 feet tall—not quite hitting supertall status, but large enough to create an imposing presence. It has 285 apartments, four of which are pricey penthouses located at its crown, along with a bevy of over-the-top amenities that include a 75-foot swimming pool, a screening room, and a co-working space that’s essentially a WeWork for the building’s residents. The building also abuts The Shed, the megaproject’s forthcoming cultural space that’s also designed by DS+R and the Rockwell Group.

Those apartments hit the market in the fall of 2016, and as of this writing, more than half of the units have sold; Related CEO Jeff Blau said in a statement that interest “has far exceeded everyone’s expectations.”

[...]

As Related and Oxford finish up Phase 1 of the megaproject, the rumormongering about Phase 2 has begun: Earlier this month, sources told the Wall Street Journal that Frank Gehry and Santiago Calatrava will design towers for the west side rail yards portion of the project, which is still a ways off from getting started.
======================
CBNY

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 1:24 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Too large to post, but here is a very high rise shot: https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chor..._Oxford_08.jpg

3840x5760

Same pic above, but at the resolution stated in the red.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 12:34 PM

"a bevy of over-the-top amenities that include a 75-foot swimming pool, a screening room, and a co-working space that’s essentially a WeWork for the building’s residents"

to quote ellen ripley in Aliens: "Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

can anyone say THIS is the place in manhattan they'd choose to live?

all sarcasm aside i am super curious.

"Helmut Jahn has never suffered a failure of nerve."

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 10:01 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Why travel alllll the way to Coruscant, when you have NYC so close??

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 12:05 AM
Show me the blueprints

Allright this is dope af... reminds me of the Tod Williams/Billie Tsien facade we lost to 53W53.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 4:33 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: baronson

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
What a beast of a complex. I actually like this better than what they've done down at the WTC.
I don't disagree although I'm conflicted about this development. There is a LOT to like about it; the mass of it being the most obvious. I appreciate many of the design elements. It is probably the inorganic nature of this massive project ... a large number of blue glass buildings that are all different but similar.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive