HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 10:22 AM
ùH

Got to love the spiral curly tail~ Thanx for sharing!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 4:56 PM

wow amazing proposals for stadium buildings. alot of crazy designs. Thanksfor sharing

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 5:51 PM
Bamboo Tiger

Seat Configuration - I'm especially impressed with the scheme to incorporate temporary seating between the upper and lower bowls.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2006, 9:06 PM

looks and sounds great!! so when are they starting construction? I want action and no more talk!!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 10:35 AM

台北巨蛋 遠雄取得孵蛋權

【記者王彩鸝/台北報導】

爭議一時的台北巨蛋開發計畫案,台北市政府今天召開甄審會,通過遠雄企業新協力廠商的資格審查,遠雄企業正式取得台北巨蛋「孵蛋權」,預定民國97年初動工,100年6月底前開館營運。

台北市巨蛋甄審委員會中午以七票贊成、二票反對,通過遠雄新協力廠HOK資格審查。甄選會主任秘書李述德表示,HOK 團隊的經驗、技術、實績及國際化程度都不錯,巨蛋設計團隊資格不低於原協力廠商,因此委員會通過由遠雄取得巨蛋興建營運權。

遠雄集團原本取得巨蛋BOT優先議價權,但因與建築師劉培森及竹中工務店合作告吹,更換工程團隊,卻被台北市大巨蛋甄審委員會逕行表決撤銷遠雄優先議價權。

遠雄不服,一狀告到公共工程委員會。工程會認為,市府甄審會未讓遠雄報告就投票表決,判遠雄出局,程序上不合法。台北市政府今天重開甄審會重新審查遠雄新團隊資格,遠雄集團董事長趙藤雄今天率領新協力廠商美國HOK S+V+E與日本大林組高層主管,共同接受甄審委員的「考試」。

遠雄表示,HOK S+V+E堪稱是世界第一的體育館設計團隊,由美國、倫敦、澳洲組成的國際公司,設計過七屆奧運體育館,包括2008年北京奧運,新團隊在全球總共設計了180 萬座席體育館,其中有40座4萬座席,其中8座是室內型,實績優於原來協力廠商竹中。

遠雄表示,台北巨蛋的座席是4萬個,新協力團隊的經驗毫無問題。遠雄企業董事長趙藤雄表示,邀請全世界第一的設計團隊,就是要蓋一座讓世界看得到的巨蛋,讓全世界看得到台灣。趙藤雄表示,遠雄有信心興建一座具國際水準的多功能體育館與體育園區,供民眾新的休閒娛樂場所。

【2006/06/19 聯合晚報】

http://udn.com/NEWS/DOMESTIC/DOM2/3364710.shtml

Old Posted Jul 1, 2006, 5:22 AM
Bamboo Tiger

cps0330, thanks for the update.

Right, so the team of Far Glory, HOK, and Obayashi have been awarded the BOT rights to the project. Anyone know why construction is delayed until 2008?

Original Liu/Far Glory project rendering:

Old Posted Jul 1, 2006, 9:44 AM

nice rendering, but which stadium and city is that for? that doesnt look like that stadium with the curvy long tail.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2006, 5:42 AM
Utopia Society

^
i think far glory is doing the taipei stadium

Old Posted Jul 3, 2006, 9:12 AM
ROF

I think there is height limit in the area because of Sungshan Airport. Some part of the stadium has to be lower than the ground level just to reduce the height of the roof...

well...unless the regulation being changed or the airport moved, I don't think the towers will be taller than the roof of the stadium?

Old Posted Jul 3, 2006, 9:12 AM

thx for the rendering
i really like the old design for taipei dome
cant wait to see the new rendering for new taipei dome!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2006, 11:22 AM
Bamboo Tiger

I have a feeling the new design will be as good if not better than the original. The key to the entire project is not really the stadium, but the commercial elements that must be incorporated into the historic site. My personal preference would see HOK concentrating on the dome, Shin Takamatsu the new comercial space, and L.M. Lin the former opium factory.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2006, 12:08 AM
Our world, our village.

actually, the original design was better but the current one also please me a lot with its fluent lines.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2006, 3:43 AM
ùH

Guys, guys... don't get too excited, ok?

This is TAIWAN!! Hence, assuming DPP Hsieh won the election in Sep. Taipei Giant Egg might ended up in Guan-du. And the whole thing starts all over from squre one!

In fact, this project has been silented for over a year due to the contractor problem, local residents' protest, design flaw...etc... Even today, we don't even know what the actual rendering of the Gaint Egg suppose to look like after 2 years since the annoucement.

The project has been delayed and further delayed.... it is re-surfaced now cuz most likely due to the election been held in a couple of months imo.

So, take it easy guys!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2006, 4:56 AM

well did they start construction on kaohsiung stadium yet? they had to have started cuz world games is just a couple years away, right?

Old Posted Jul 7, 2006, 5:04 AM
ùH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal
well did they start construction on kaohsiung stadium yet? they had to have started cuz world games is just a couple years away, right?
Yeah, I would bet my $ on the Kaohsiung Stadium as well.

The World Game stadium is on schedule! However, the budget for on-going Kaohsiung's two Mass Transit lines are been withheld in the congress as of now.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2006, 5:05 AM

so they're not even working on the construction of the subway now? i read that it's opening end of this year tho.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2006, 5:11 AM
ùH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal
so they're not even working on the construction of the subway now? i read that it's opening end of this year tho.
The project is on-going, but the funds for this fiscal year (later this year to may? of next year) has been stalled due to Kaohsiung Mass Transit's ailing "safty records" in construction. Hence, further safety regulation needed to be addressed before the congress in order to secure the budget for the upcoming fiscal year.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2006, 5:22 AM
ùH

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan ren
cps0330, thanks for the update.

Right, so the team of Far Glory, HOK, and Obayashi have been awarded the BOT rights to the project. Anyone know why construction is delayed until 2008?

Original Liu/Far Glory project rendering:
Not bad.. However, I think I could draw one myself and say that's what it would look like. Cuz... honestly, this is at least the 7th renderings I've seen since the news first broke out a decade ago (when Huang or A-bian was the mayor?). Of course, the new annoucement (only progress thus far) was that site-selection was set for SongShan Factory 2 years ago under the leadership of Mayor Ma. But, that may be changed! Who knows? I am losing my patient on this EGG!

Old Posted Jul 19, 2006, 5:11 PM
Bamboo Tiger

2009 Kaohsiung: Solar Stadium
12 Jul 2006 16:51

The main stadium of The World Games 2009 Kaohsiung will be the first in the world to use solar energy in conformity with a 'green building code' that promotes environmental protection, a Kaohsiung city government official said Thursday.

Lin Chin-jung, director of the Bureau of Public Works, said the stadium's spiral-shaped ceiling will have solar energy plates installed. Lin said the multi-functional stadium will not emit additional carbon dioxide and will be self-sufficient in electricity needs. He pointed out that Kaohsiung City has an average of 2,282 hours of sun per year, averaging 5.6 hours daily. If the solar energy plates receive enough sunlight, they will be able to provide 80% of the electricity needs during the operation of the stadium and 100% during the remaining time. Any surplus electricity generated could be sold.

Construction of the stadium began on Thursday, July 6, and is expected to be completed in January 2009, six months ahead of the opening of The World Games.

source: http://www.worldgames-iwga.org/

Old Posted Jul 22, 2006, 12:39 AM
ùH

GREAT NEWS!! Thanks for sharing!~

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan