HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 11:58 PM

We toured the model suite earlier today and picked up a $25 card, redeemable at one of 4 restaurants in the Hintonburg area.

They currently have 3% off listed price for all units and you can get the storage locker ($3,500 value) if you purchase a parking spot ($35K). I did not ask how many units they have sold but I was told construction would start shortly with occupancy date slated for March 2016 so we are about 1.5 years out.

Pretty nice model suite as well, quality finishes and materials. I like the location although I am unsure if the price is right, even with the discount. $387,900 for the model suite (the Grace, 3rd floor) for 762 indoor sq.ft and 35 outdoor sq.ft which is $487/sq.ft before the discount or $473/sq.ft after.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
We toured the model suite earlier today and picked up a $25 card, redeemable at one of 4 restaurants in the Hintonburg area.

They currently have 3% off listed price for all units and you can get the storage locker ($3,500 value) if you purchase a parking spot ($35K). I did not ask how many units they have sold but I was told construction would start shortly with occupancy date slated for March 2016 so we are about 1.5 years out.

Pretty nice model suite as well, quality finishes and materials. I like the location although I am unsure if the price is right, even with the discount. $387,900 for the model suite (the Grace, 3rd floor) for 762 indoor sq.ft and 35 outdoor sq.ft which is $487/sq.ft before the discount or $473/sq.ft after.
Confirmed 14 sold

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 12:55 PM

quick little update: they have sold 15 units

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 6:22 AM

Last edited by Urbanarchit; Aug 27, 2015 at 5:36 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 3:27 PM

there are 16 units sold. Looking to build later in 2014

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenson View Post
there are 16 units sold. Looking to build later in 2014
16 of 52? Seems early to start building.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil235 View Post
16 of 52? Seems early to start building.
yeah, they said they wanted 50% to start. So 10 more. So not sure when the official build date will be.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 3:14 PM

Random question for anyone who may know. Once you purchase a condo from a builder are you able to null the agreement and purchase a different model? I'm assuming no, but just curious.

Also, are you able to assign the condo to somebody else (selling the purchase agreement)?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Random question for anyone who may know. Once you purchase a condo from a builder are you able to null the agreement and purchase a different model? I'm assuming no, but just curious.

Also, are you able to assign the condo to somebody else (selling the purchase agreement)?
Your best bet is to check with the builder themselves and/or a real estate lawyer, Stevenson.

I know assignment is (or used to be) pretty popular in the GTA and Vancouver with a big number of foreign buyers, not so sure about here in O-town.

Speaking of this project, I am not sure what the sales number is right now but there are some signing bonuses to be had...you can check with the office for more info as this is a limited time promo. I got the email from the sales rep and that's how I got the info.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 4:34 AM

Any news about this one? Will it be cancelled?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 4:56 AM

Last edited by Urbanarchit; Aug 27, 2015 at 5:37 PM.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 12:29 PM

Excellent location and a quality builder in Tamarack but it's too bad the timing isn't particularly ideal...there are talks the interest rates may go up in the spring and that can possibly create further issues...

Hopefully once the Eddy is complete and the construction for the Icon further up is well under way, that will push some folks who are on the fence to finally make the jump...

Old Posted Dec 10, 2014, 8:56 PM

i see that there are 18 sales so far

Old Posted Dec 12, 2014, 7:29 PM
Kickass User

Quote:

Usually builders are easy going if you want to swap units for a different floorpan that is larger. However if you want to go smaller or get back some of the deposit, its an uphill battle (and almost a for sure no on the deposit). BUT every builder and situation is different.

Assignments are (like canabiz mentioned) more common in GTA and Vancouver then they are here in Ottawa. That being said, Urban Capital did allow a few to assign their units during Central 1. Feedback from lawyers who were involved/near the transactions said that it left a sour taste in everyones mouths.

From a builders point of view, allowing assignments in this market would be just looking for more competition, which they certainly don't need or want.

Best thing to do is speak with the sales manager (the higher up the better) and see what they say. But depends on what you are looking to do and how it will affect the builder.

www.MattRichling.com
www.NewPurveyors.com

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 7:05 PM

I was told by a friend that this one will be getting underway in early 2015.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2015, 5:16 PM

looks like construction is indeed beginning soon. The site is being prepped and there are fences up

Old Posted Jan 23, 2015, 1:27 AM

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 2:00 AM

Just closed on a 1 bedroom 5th floor unit tonight. They are anticipated to start final site prep next week and break ground around February 15th. They are currently offering $15,000 off any unit until February 1st, then there will be a price increase.

Also there are 18 units sold as of now. I will try and remember to ask about the retail space on my next meeting. I personally hope its the La Botega's new spot although this might not be the neighbourhood they are targeting. Just anything but a Shoppers/another coffee shop.

Last edited by cr872190; Jan 27, 2015 at 2:01 AM. Reason: Retail Space

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 4:16 AM
Busy Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr872190 View Post
JI personally hope its the La Botega's new spot although this might not be the neighbourhood they are targeting. Just anything but a Shoppers/another coffee shop.
Perfect spot for a Shoppers Drug Mart, really. There isn't one between Bank Street and Westboro. It's actually convenient living close to one — since they merged with Loblaws their grocery offerings have improved quite a bit.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2015, 12:55 PM

I wouldn't mind a Shoppers personally. I would like some sort of non-chain restaurant as well if possible. Not sure if that is possible though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa