HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 11:40 PM

UK: Why you cannot get a mortgage for a lot of high-rise buildings?

Hello guys,

I've always liked skyscrapers so I was checking available places around London and I've got the following doubt.

It seems you cannot get a mortgage in a lot of high rise buildings (mostly ex-council towers), however I've then seen some buildings that were as old as these ex-council properties, they've gone through some modernisation process and then it seems that you can get a mortgage in those after the change :S

I was wondering:
* why is that you cannot get mortgages in a typical UK ex-council high-rise building?
* what's done when one of those buildings go through a modernisation process so that its situation changes from a lenders' point of view?

I was asking in another local forum but we don't seem to know why this is the case; so looking forward to understanding this...

Many thanks.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe