HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 9:57 PM

New cameras from Canon and Nikon just announced!

21.1 megapixel Canon 1DS Mark III with 3" LCD screen and auto sensor dust cleaning

10.1 megapixel Canon 40D with 3" LCD screen and auto sensor dust cleaning

http://reviews.photographyreview.com...-digital-slrs/

12.1 megapixel Nikon D3 full-frame sensor with up to ISO 25,000 and 920,000 pixel 3" LCD screen

http://reviews.photographyreview.com...-5-new-lenses/

Most interesting.

--don

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 2:40 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

OMG how much does that 21.1 megapixel one cost?!!! my camara was 1 grand and it's only 10.1 megapixle with 3" LCD screen but no auto sensor dust cleaning

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 2:52 AM

$8,000 for the body only according to the article. It's a bargain compared to the previous model (same price with more features and higher resolution).

I'll need to finish law school and start making beaucoup bucks before this can even be considered.

--don

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 2:03 PM
arf

Probably not going to happen in my lifetime, but I can dream. I haven't even been paying attention to what's been coming out.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 7:20 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Holy gees, I saw a camera for 4,000 bucks and I thought it was expensive. It was only 15.something mega pixels. If I ever got to sell my pictures I would but this camera and travel all over the world just to take pics. How much are the lenses?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 8:48 PM

The 40D certainly looks nice, but I am happy with my 20D. If I was going to spend that much money on gear right now (which I'm not), I'd rather put it toward lenses. I would open a lot more photographic possibilities by adding to my lens collection than by getting a new body and no new lenses. And for the cost of a 40D, I could get an extremely nice lens (or even two). I could upgrade to the 50mm f/1.4 (I have the cheapo f/1.8) and get a 135mm f/2 L. My next lens will probably actually be a 100mm f/2, which is under $400. I will probably keep my 20D until it dies, at which point there will hopefully be a new version of the 5D (which I can hopefully somehow afford).

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 12:44 AM
Making hell of a noise...

I strongly agree with Upward.

Oh boy... All these Gizmos... The war will never end. I knew of these upcoming new babies since last month. But I couldn't bother to pay much attention to them.

Nikon's new D300 is the replacement of D200, seems to be such a good deal though... But ultimately, I wouldn't consider chasing any of these bodies. I'm happy with the 400D which I'm using for 11 months now. Though they may be bigger and better, ultimately, the output of an image is gonna be the same, more or less, image quality can be enhanced in photoshop, no matter which cam you're gonna use. It's like buying a car and changing it every 2 months when all you gonna do is just drive yourself around.

My 400D (XTi) has shot over 17,000 photos and still counting till today. It has undergone even openly harsh whether conditions. It has been exposed under pouring showers for 4 times (Not light rain) for nearly an hour over the past 11 months and it still works regardless of whether. It is surprisingly rugged despite many said it spoils easily. Oh yes, with all that rugged use, it's important I send it to the Canon Agents every 3 months for cleaning.

In my opinion, these cameras are great, and it's a good sign Canon and Nikon improve over the years. But to chase every new camera that comes out every 1 year, with just a slight or a little more improvement of what you got... And with a same hefty price tag like how you bought your previous, that is something to consider before buying.

So in conclusion, I'm sticking with what I got, improving my photographic composition, subject and technique instead of improving the camera itself. That's ultimately what you do and use with the camera, isn't it?

Good stuff by the way.

Last edited by SomeFormOFhuman; Sep 2, 2007 at 1:36 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography