HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 7:08 PM

PDI / 30 day / Tarion discussions

I have noticed that there are many purchasers involved with the Ottawa forums all with different understandings on what to expect with a condo builder. Would it help to have a PDI / Tarion type discussion underway that other users could be referred to?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServiceGuy View Post
I have noticed that there are many purchasers involved with the Ottawa forums all with different understandings on what to expect with a condo builder. Would it help to have a PDI / Tarion type discussion underway that other users could be referred to?
This would be great, my PDI is coming up in about 3 months and I would love a list of common things to look for. I also understand the list of things you are allowed to put on a PDI is fairly limited. My big fear is a variation in wood grain/stains but I understand this is pretty tough to get fixed since its a 'natural' product.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr872190 View Post
This would be great, my PDI is coming up in about 3 months and I would love a list of common things to look for. I also understand the list of things you are allowed to put on a PDI is fairly limited. My big fear is a variation in wood grain/stains but I understand this is pretty tough to get fixed since its a 'natural' product.
As long as the builder has installed the flooring, countertops, etc that the buyer actually ordered (one sometimes hears stories...), this is not something that you'd be able to have remedied via the PDI. Re the floors, I would be on the lookout for any problems with the installation, like signs of lifting or damage.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2016, 5:17 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

IIRC the Gotham thread had quite a discussion about PDIs and what can go wrong:

http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/show...188850&page=22

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion