HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Signature Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Nashville Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 6:11 PM
Devilishly cute

*jaw drops*

Holy height increase, Batman! It brings to mind the love-child of Charlotte's BoA tower and Chrysler. Congrats, Nashville...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 6:47 PM

Nice tower.

Is there an official website? I didn't see one posted.

I'm going to have to visit Nashville soon, never been there.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 7:00 PM
Back on the road again

Wow....that's a beauty. Congrats, Nashville! Woo-hoo...let's get on the ball, Atlanta, we can't let Nashville top us in height!!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
http://www.signaturetowernashville.com/index.php

Not much here yet though, just a registration form. Can anyone provide an official source for the new height figure that we can check? Emporis can't change the height without.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 7:30 PM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

I'm envious, that building is gorgeous!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 7:54 PM
I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
Nice tower.

I'm going to have to visit Nashville soon, never been there.

www.signaturetowernashville.com

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 7:55 PM
I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Chicago
http://www.signaturetowernashville.com/index.php

Not much here yet though, just a registration form. Can anyone provide an official source for the new height figure that we can check? Emporis can't change the height without.

It's not in media yet, but both Tony and the design firm have confirmed this with me and many others on multiple occasions including last night.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 9:50 PM

Thanks for the render Lexy.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 10:06 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Nashville?

Congratulations....Nashville??

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 11:12 PM

The rendering and the numbers will be officially published in the Nashville City Paper this Tuesday I believe. www.nashvillecitypaper.com

The hole will be 100 feet deep, but since there was a building on that site previously, the first 25 feet are fill dirt covered in asphalt for the surface parking lot. The excavation will take six months and we will see caissons or piles by October 2007. Some units will be available in 2008, and the total completion will be in late 2009.

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 4:16 AM

The comparison to the Frost Bank Tower was right on. For those of you not familiar with Frost:

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 4:44 AM
恭喜发财!

Anybody know what the height to the roof is? 1047 feet is awfully tall for a 65 storey residential/hotel building, so I get the impression that the spire on this building is quite tall. After all, the 60 storey Living Shangri-La hotel/residential in Vancouver is only 650 feet.

That being said, this is a fantastic design. Congrats to Nashville.

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 5:10 AM
Eamus Catuli!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
For perspective folks. This is the finished product in the skyline.

Just beautiful. The skyline just needs to fill out a bit, but this is definitely a great start.

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will themselves not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will not die. - Daniel Burnham

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 8:33 AM

When I saw the spire I immediately thought of the Sun Records logo for some reason.

Coincidence?

Nice building.

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 9:34 AM

Just, wow. That tower will absolutely dominate. It will change outsiders' perceptions in a big way. Congrats.

Here's to things running smoothly, and timely construction .

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 3:31 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelback_road
Just, wow. That tower will absolutely dominate. It will change outsiders' perceptions in a big way. Congrats.

Here's to things running smoothly, and timely construction .
I've got to agree...although it is a bit sad that instead of simply doing some research and taking the time to read up a bit, it takes something superficial like this to force people's perceptions of the city to change. Oh well...as long as it happens somehow I suppose.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 4:12 PM

With hotel plan, Signature now set for 65 stories

Nashville Business Journal - 8:42 AM CDT Mondayby Janel WatsonNashville Business Journal

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?from_rss=1

Developer Tony Giarratana has added 10 floors of hotel space to his plan for Signature Tower, a move that will make the project taller than New York City's Chrysler Building.

The move raises Signature's height to 1,047 feet and its price tag by more than a third to $275 million. The hotel will have a separate entrance from the residential component and its amenities, which will include a spa, will take up the first three floors of the tower.
Giarratana says he does not yet have an agreement with a hotel operator, but expects to ink one this summer. He says it will be a high-end facility that will draw its share of celebrities.

Giarratana's news comes a week after Alex Palmer announced that he had signed a deal with InterContinental Hotels Group for a hotel that will anchor his $250 million West End Summit project.

Giarratana made his announcement at a reception Saturday night for the 730 people who have registered as interested buyers. Attendees also got a first look at the newest model of the structure as well as marketing materials detailing the layout of each residential floor.

The model and information were made public on Sunday during the 2006 Louisiana-Pacific Live It Up! Downtown Home Tour.

Last November, when Giarratana and Nashville Mayor Bill Purcell announced the approval of a tax-increment financing plan for Signature, plans called for it to house about 500 residential units on 55 floors, 50,000 square feet of street-level retail space and a seven-story parking garage below ground.

Signature's condo count is now 400, which includes 11 units of two-story townhomes. The smallest unit is a one-bedroom, one-bathroom unit measuring 1,100 square feet. The largest will be 6,000-square-foot custom-designed units that will take up an entire floor on the top six levels.

Giarratana says adding hotel space will not affect the TIF because the hotel will be financed separately. And since the project is in the commercial core zoning district, where there are no height restrictions, no additional approvals were needed to make the addition.

When he first unveiled plans for Signature in 2004, Giarratana was looking to make the tower a mix of hotel, office and residential space. But he says a hotel deal fell through soon after, leading Giarratana to focus on housing alone.

Giarratana says he refocused on the hotel component two months ago because of the synergy between a high-end hotel and Signature's luxury condos. For instance, the hotel housekeeping staff could service the residential units between check-in and check-out times.

Reservations on the units will kick off in conjunction with the 65th Iroquois Steeplechase on May 13. Giarratana is the sole developer of the project and his Giarratana Realty affiliate is the exclusive sales agent. The architect on the project is Atlanta-based Smallwood Reynolds Stewart Stewart & Associates Inc.

jwatson@bizjournals.com, 615-248-2222 ext. 115

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker
Although I won't lie, it is funny to me that there are still people who assume, based on nothing, that Nashville doesn't deserve this and/or that there is no demand for urban living here.
It has nothing to do with deserve. You have to admit, it has not happen yet that a city and metro of Nashville's size has built a supertall. It's a bit unusual, and like many people on this forum, has left me scatching my head. Usually, impressive height is the result of a certain degree of population density (or need for office space) in a very finite land area. Even Philly doesn't have a supertall.

Now I don't know enough about Nashville to comment on the desirability of the location, or the local personality and its desire to live an urban lifestyle.

I will admit that Nashville is not the typical city with a metro of 1.5M. It certainly has a much larger center of gravity than Milwaukee, Columbus, etc. For a city that is generally regarded as an important hub for a segment of American culture, this could be a very good thing. Putting a face on a city (in the form of a skyline) always helps its recognition. And nothing helps ground a skyline like a tall, and beautiful skyscraper.

Last edited by rgolch; May 1, 2006 at 4:35 PM.

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 4:35 PM
Go Pens!

Go Nashville, that'll look even better now w/ more height!

however, i think they'll need some towers to fill in the height gap between Signature & Bell - maybe a 750' & 8-900'.

Old Posted May 1, 2006, 4:36 PM

I'll have to admit that it's a very good looking building, and I wish that Philly would at least have the balls to erect a 1000'+ supertall in our downton. Good looking tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive