HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 3:29 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post
Tennis I saw on your blog that you also posted what looks like an updated rendering of the Four Seasons/WTC project. Hopefully it's moving forward as much as possible while its still wrapped up in that lawsuit.

On Facebook the four seasons says they are moving full speed ahead .

Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 3:38 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWXGuy1208 View Post
I've never even heard of the S. Peter's Development! Is that in the Warehouse District? Also in the Warehouse District, I saw a tower crane right behind the Piazza D'Italia (for a while it had my hopes up that they were starting on the Piazza ). What is this for?

As for the Canal Terminal, I really like the design! I don't understand why they didn't connect the roof all the way. I find it a little weird that if it rains, you'll be protected at two separate points, but have to get wet running to catch the ferry...

And finally, that new rendering of the Four Seasons are INCREDIBLE! WOW! I saw this article and I'm hoping that it does start soon so that once the Four Seasons gets going, 2 Canal St. Investors will just drop the lawsuit seeing that it would be pointless for one to make the city re-bid when a vast majority of a project is already completed...but that's wishful thinking knowing this city.
http://nola.curbed.com/2016/3/18/112...t-construction
That crane is for the Cambria Suites and the new south peters project is in warehouse district right next to the bridge and across street from convention center

Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 7:56 PM
TL;DR

I like that ferry terminal. It's not gonna win any awards, but it's very minimal and has a wide open feeling. It opens up a path from Spanish Plaza to the Aquarium/Woldenberg/Moonwalk. I wish there was a sheltered area to wait in the rain, though, with some ticketing machines...

Of course, this is at the cost of losing car access to the ferry, but with the bridge being free, there's no reason to keep having cars on the ferry...

I was hoping it would be more like the WFC ferry terminal in New York... small but beautiful and sculptural.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2016, 9:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I like that ferry terminal. It's not gonna win any awards, but it's very minimal and has a wide open feeling. It opens up a path from Spanish Plaza to the Aquarium/Woldenberg/Moonwalk. I wish there was a sheltered area to wait in the rain, though, with some ticketing machines...

Of course, this is at the cost of losing car access to the ferry, but with the bridge being free, there's no reason to keep having cars on the ferry...

I was hoping it would be more like the WFC ferry terminal in New York... small but beautiful and sculptural.

Those renderings seem very preliminary so i wouldnt assume they wont have covered areas. And yes its time to get rid of vehicauar ferry access there. Makes no sense with the bridge being free.

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2016, 10:56 PM

Bywater Development

Bywater upscale hostel 'Stateside' denied by Planning Commission
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...stateside.html

A proposed $18 million upscale hostel in Bywater that fiercely divided the neighborhood was unanimously rejected by the City Planning Commission on Tuesday (March 22).

Neighbors and project supporters disagreed over whether the hostel with a restaurant and courtyard would bring an economic boost to a vacant piece of land or become a noisy, disruptive hub for partying young travelers...

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 2:56 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Bywater upscale hostel 'Stateside' denied by Planning Commission
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...stateside.html

A proposed $18 million upscale hostel in Bywater that fiercely divided the neighborhood was unanimously rejected by the City Planning Commission on Tuesday (March 22).

Neighbors and project supporters disagreed over whether the hostel with a restaurant and courtyard would bring an economic boost to a vacant piece of land or become a noisy, disruptive hub for partying young travelers...

Good lord those neighbors are dumb, but luckily the councilperson there seems more reasonable.

The developers could easily build this project as multiple hostels under 10,000 sqft.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 3:32 PM

Esplanade Ave.

What are they putting down the middle of the Neutral Ground along Esplanade Ave.? Does anyone know?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 6:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BbroZX286 View Post
What are they putting down the middle of the Neutral Ground along Esplanade Ave.? Does anyone know?
which area you referring too?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 7:24 PM

Esplanade Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
which area you referring too?
I was just on the block south of the Interstate overpass yesterday. There was caution tape around the neutral ground with raised what appeared to be metal pieces used for edging. I should have taken a picture.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 7:30 PM

Hotel tower proposed near Morial Convention Center

By: Robin Shannon, Managing Editor March 23, 2016 0

A five-story warehouse building and an adjacent parking lot near the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center could be the site of a new hotel project in the Central Business District.
A preliminary rendering of a proposed hotel tower near the Morial Convention Center. Design is still under review. Rendering courtesy Eskew+Dumez+Ripple Architects.
A preliminary rendering of a proposed hotel tower near the Morial Convention Center. Courtesy Eskew+Dumez+Ripple Architects.
New Orleans developers Clayton Randle and David Hecht are seeking permits to renovate the vacant brick warehouse at 1148 S. Peters St. and construct a new 17-story, 184-foot tower on the surface parking lot behind the building. The lot fronts Convention Center Boulevard and is directly across from the convention center.
The project is within the jurisdiction of the CBD Historic District Landmarks Commission. The commission’s Architectural Review Committee is reviewing designs and discussed the project in a meeting Tuesday. The project also requires waivers from the city’s Board of Zoning Adjustments.
The proposed hotel is not related to previously announced development plans by the convention center to add a headquarters hotel and additional projects along the riverfront as part of the so-called “Trade District” expansion.
According to permitting documents filed with the city, the development would include a ground floor restaurant and bar space fronting Convention Center Boulevard and Calliope Street, a three-story parking garage with 165 spaces, ballroom and meeting space, a courtyard between the existing building and the proposed tower and a public roof deck and terrace.
The top four floors of the warehouse would include hotel rooms, with a light well running down the middle of the building. Floors five through 17 in the proposed tower would include additional rooms, with penthouse space on the roof.
Eskew+Dumez+Ripple Architects are handling design, which is still in its early stages. In a letter to neighboring residents, developers said they anticipate starting construction late this year, with an 18-month time frame for completion.

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...ention-center/

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 7:54 PM

Trader Joes Metairie

Does anybody know what else is going in the Trader Joes development in Metairie?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 12:37 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Does anybody know what else is going in the Trader Joes development in Metairie?
Think its still in leasing stages right now. But the price per foot asking price is really high so expect some nice tenants.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 12:39 AM
-

Quote:
I was just on the block south of the Interstate overpass yesterday. There was caution tape around the neutral ground with raised what appeared to be metal pieces used for edging. I should have taken a picture.
No clue!~

I know there was some tree removal going on there with some replanting of those dead trees but thats it.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Think its still in leasing stages right now. But the price per foot asking price is really high so expect some nice tenants.
It's going to be an electronics store called uBreakiFix. Very disappointing.

Anybody know what they are building in Lakeside Mall parking lot? I saw someone asked earlier but I don't think I ever saw a response. Thanks!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 2:04 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
It's going to be an electronics store called uBreakiFix. Very disappointing.

Anybody know what they are building in Lakeside Mall parking lot? I saw someone asked earlier but I don't think I ever saw a response. Thanks!
I doubt that is going to be the only tenant its quite a bit of space, but Im surprised a place like that could afford the lease price.I do know that place has a location on Magazine. Guess phone repair pays really well!

It was a bank by lakeside according to another poster!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 7:04 PM

Quote:
It's going to be a crushed stone walking/jogging path. Think like St Roch Avenue between St Claude and N Roman or Napoleon north of Claiborne.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerbydesign View Post
It's going to be a crushed stone walking/jogging path. Think like St Roch Avenue between St Claude and N Roman or Napoleon north of Claiborne.
That makes sense. Thought it might be a sidewalk but had never seen a sidewalk built with materials like that.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 10:37 PM

We are all aware that the city and overall metro area are growing, but it's nice to see that backed up by the Census Bureau which released 2015 estimates yesterday.

This link has a nice breakdown by parish.

http://www.datacenterresearch.org/da...ion-by-parish/

The city grew by a solid 1.4% or approximately 5300 residents from 2014 to 2015. The metro area grew by 0.9% or around 11,000 people. The majority of the growth occurred in New Orleans and St. Tammany Parish.

Expanding out to the broader New Orleans-Baton Rouge Super Region of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Houma, and Hammond that is being promoted, the area surpassed the 2.5 million mark in 2015 to sit at 2,503,633 people.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 4:36 PM
-

went to alto at the ace hotel yesterday. great new spot!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 4:15 PM

Alto looks like a really cool spot. I've already heard a lot of people talking about it, so I'm afraid that it will soon be overrun :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
We are all aware that the city and overall metro area are growing, but it's nice to see that backed up by the Census Bureau which released 2015 estimates yesterday.

This link has a nice breakdown by parish.

http://www.datacenterresearch.org/da...ion-by-parish/

The city grew by a solid 1.4% or approximately 5300 residents from 2014 to 2015. The metro area grew by 0.9% or around 11,000 people. The majority of the growth occurred in New Orleans and St. Tammany Parish.

Expanding out to the broader New Orleans-Baton Rouge Super Region of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Houma, and Hammond that is being promoted, the area surpassed the 2.5 million mark in 2015 to sit at 2,503,633 people.
It's great to see the growth continuing. Nice to see some growth in Jefferson and St. Bernard as well as St. Tammany. Obviously Orleans and St. Tammany are still leading the growth, but eventually as the development opportunities in the city become more scarce, we'll need smart growth in the suburbs. I'm hoping that the relative stagnation in Jefferson has convinced leaders to encourage more walkable, urban, development.

Pan-American Life expands New Orleans headquarters
http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...-headquarters/

Nice to see local companies expanding!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations