HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 3:49 PM

Wow, finally some superscrapers build in Europe. Congratulations, Fabb, and if all goes well I'll come over and visit you after construction starts. We will have to supply this site with regular updates Anyways, Paris is closer than Shanghai.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 9:17 PM
Still cyber-converted fka

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaniDesDev
I'm curious as to how Les Parisiens a repondu. I lived in Paris in the 80s. I imagine this is a huge controversy there. I think this was inevitable and probably a good thing. Is this the beging of a ring of towers around Paris?

Maybe not so controversial as it's in LD, which was basically designed for office buildings.

It would be great if Jean Nouvel would design one of them. Tour San Fin was amazing back in the day.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2006, 11:31 PM
Give us a kiss

^^actually you may still have a point here, although LD is not located within the city of Paris proper I'm not sure who exactly will take part in the "public consultation" (or whatever it's called) when the project actually gets defined. Let's hope the Green party doesn't stir too much sh*t then, to name just one of the many opponents such a project is sure to gather.

Those towers will be slender indeed. that's really got some potential, I can't wait to see the designs!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
It would be great if Jean Nouvel would design one of them. Tour San Fin was amazing back in the day.
I was thinking the same.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2006, 4:30 PM
The Vomit Bag.

les bonnes nouvelles!
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2006, 10:37 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

They better build TOUR SAN FINS. To me thats the best unbuilt skyscraper on the planet!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2006, 5:54 PM
Still cyber-converted fka

I just read some of the thread about this on SSC... there are some pretty idiotic comments on it. Props to the Parisian forumers for being level headed though.

apparently there is supposed to be more information released sometime next week regarding these projects?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2006, 3:02 AM
Senior Committee

So there are no developers lined up yet?
The government has just said it would like some big highrises on those sites before 2020? If that's the case I find that a bit strange.

What is currently on the sites these buildings would be on?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2006, 6:56 PM

Don't worry for developpers, it's not like they don't want to build and the government will force them, that's more like the opposite. the EPAD decides how much can be built there, etc. Developpers are willing to build, and new buildings are not empty very long. The vacancy rate in LD is around 7% , that's not a bad figure, and that's mostly older buildings that are unoccupied.

Anyway, they way La Défense's develoment works is just different from what can be seen elsewhere, it's not just that "the government wants big highrise there before 2020"....

Old Posted Mar 14, 2006, 6:29 PM

Here are some new informations !

Here is a video showing La Défense 2015 project :
http://www.ladefense.fr/goodies.php

And here is the Presse release documentation :
http://www.ladefense.fr/presse_dossier_presse.php

Last edited by Metropolitan; Mar 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2006, 8:23 PM
Honored Member

Old Posted Mar 15, 2006, 6:31 AM

I dream

oh no it's reality

It is a dreaming project

I'm very happy, may be the most beautiful skyline of Europe in 2015

I'm very surprise but very surprise in the good sense, i wait that since.....long ...long....time

It is official....

Old Posted Mar 15, 2006, 7:55 AM
BANNED

yeah paris!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2006, 6:49 PM

The site of the future 400 m tower :

Photo : martial.gratte-ciel

Old Posted Apr 10, 2006, 9:50 AM
Information Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ptor Top10 curently u/c: http://www.skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?16816152
looks like russia and Spain is gonna be the greatest skyscraper nasions in Europe, in the feuture

Old Posted Apr 11, 2006, 1:03 AM
JoeCooper

Paris will get the skyline it should have always had, and definatelly shows that Paris as well as European cities are not afraid to grow like cities in the rest of the world including cities in Asia, North America, and even the Middle East! Paris is a large world class city that has always had the potential to stand out like Chicago, NYC, Hong Kong, Dubai, and Shanghi. I'm exited to see what happens... Way to go Paris!

Old Posted Jun 16, 2006, 9:35 PM
Chaos Machine

I have seen what one of these buildings will look like. It is pretty awesome, and really tall. Two people that sit near me in the office are working on building the presentation models of it.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2006, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonious
I have seen what one of these buildings will look like. It is pretty awesome, and really tall. Two people that sit near me in the office are working on building the presentation models of it.
Thanks for the info... I can't wait to know more.
The projects were supposed to be released this month.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2006, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonious
If you steal a picture of the whole thing before the official presentation, I'll buy you a drink next time you're in New York.
Of course it all depends on whether you are willing to sacrifice your professional integrity and carreer for a glass of beer
Anyway, if you say it's awesome and tall, that's enough for me to feel more confident about this, for a moment I was afraid something would go awfully wrong in the project, but LD2015 seems to be on the right tracks

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 8:36 PM

In a recent publication by EPAD, the authority in charge of the development of La Défense :

Time to reach for the sky

Quote:
In order to become once again a window on modernity and a laboratory for architectural innovation, La Défense must claim its "heavens" ! The crest-like skyline of the business quarter in the west of Paris today has in some respects been inherited from the original development - which envisaged a central axis defined by compositional unity and bordered by lateral alignments, following an adaptation logic consistent with the successive urban planning choices of the last five decades as well as in the economic context. The outcome of this patient "alchemy" is a silhouette that is both heterogeneous and compact, and when seen from Meudon or Mont Valérien in the south, or Asnière or Saint-Denis in the north, gives a sense of cohesion and poetry.

However, the relative uniformity of the outline (consisting mostly of parallel piped towers), the irregular appearance of the axial view and the "altitudinal timidity" of these programmes (nothing over 200 metres) still leaves considerable room for manoeuvre in the imagination of the architect. Where projects combining formal innovation, technological performance, environmental virtues and reaching for the sky positively flourish not only in America and Asia, but also in Europe, (this presents as many arguments for the investor as for the user), it is inconceivable that La Défense should remain trapped under its current ceiling.

Suffice it to say that the international competition blueprints for the next towers in La Défense will go beyond the taboo of height and give it its rightful place on the international skyline !

EPAD's ambition will notably take shape in realizing its plans for exceptional office tower blocks, one of which will reach at least 400 metres. This will be exemplary in respecting the requirements for sustainable development, innovatory in aesthetic and performance terms, value-creating for both investor and user, stimulating to the eye and for the spirit alike. Its silhouette will be an exclamation mark to the continuing La Défense story.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe