Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 3:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5680 View Post
^^

pls master tell me how you did this? It appears that this particular tower crane is around 1000 feet from what I can tell.

Also can you do the same and fix the link to a pic at the Bennett tower thread?

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...212361&page=92

BTW I was told more pics are forthcoming.

Last edited by bnk; Jan 29, 2018 at 4:02 PM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
pls master tell me how you did this?
If you use your browser's developer tools, you can inspect the element to find the full path for the image file. If the host website enables hot linking you can post that path into the insert image option here. (with credit of course)

The whole thing should have an http(s) as well as an image file extension: http://www.site.com/name.jpg

How sites insert images vary though. Sometimes they embed as a background so the url is buried in a CSS file. Sometimes they put transparent layers on top so you can't simple context click and select copy image path. Sometimes the files have extra parameters after the file extension that you don't need but you could edit to adjust things like size or quality.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 4:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5680 View Post
If you use your browser's developer tools, you can inspect the element to find the full path for the image file. If the host website enables hot linking you can post that path into the insert image option here. (with credit of course)

The whole thing should have an http(s) as well as an image file extension: http://www.site.com/name.jpg

How sites insert images vary though. Sometimes they embed as a background so the url is buried in a CSS file. Sometimes they put transparent layers on top so you can't simple context click and select copy image path. Sometimes the files have extra parameters after the file extension that you don't need but you could edit to adjust things like size or quality.

thanks I will have to read into this more fully later on, and I thank you for your advice. If you could to the same for the Bennett threat link to the same tower crane view from a different perspective I would most surely appreciate it.

I thank you in advance for your yeoman details of mastermanship of pics in general.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 2:09 AM

Potentially big news: Wanda sold off his hotel assets to AWH Investment Group. Preliminary reports say AWHI will continue Wanda's previous hotel projects.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeChicagoGreatAgai View Post
Potentially big news: Wanda sold off his hotel assets to AWH Investment Group. Preliminary reports say AWHI will continue Wanda's previous hotel projects.
This is misleading. Wanda sold off 2 of its Australian hotel projects - not long ago they sold off a London development. They still have tons of other developments unsold. I'd suggest putting more info next time you make people believe that Wanda sold off all of their hotel assets which is very far from the truth.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 8:57 AM

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 4:10 PM

Looks like Vista is actually for sale now

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...oject-for-sale

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 7:32 PM
You had me at herro...

Sucks for them to sell it at this point, you would think the investors would really want to at least keep this thing until physical construction wraps up, I mean they already have a construction loan in place. The proceeds you'll get on this thing 33% finished compared to just wrapping up construction using the loan are huge.

One good thing is that this is going to market not because it's distressed or the market is distressed, but because of issues with the investor/ownership group.

You would think someone would love to come in and swoop this up, finish it off, and they could likely sell it for a fairly large premium in a short period of time. No big incentive to change the plans. The longer the sale takes or the more they drag their feet selling, assuming construction continues, the chances increase greatly at getting this to completion.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 8:06 PM

Going to laugh when Related Midwest buys it.

Not that I think they'd be interested.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 8:06 PM

Maybe Related can buy it and value engineer the rest of the construction

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 8:14 PM
BANNED

Let’s buy it ourselves.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 8:54 PM
1st Ward

^ Got $900 million?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 8:58 PM
1st Ward

^ Know a schmuck who has $900 million to loan out?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
Can I have your crystal ball too? No one man should have all that power!
I'm just speculating, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are doing everything they can to sustain this rally through the midterm elections later this year, and the bottom falls out not long afterwards.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
^ Got $900 million?

Let me shoot a text to K.G., I'll let you know what he says.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 2:55 PM

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
This is misleading. Wanda sold off 2 of its Australian hotel projects - not long ago they sold off a London development. They still have tons of other developments unsold.

They have two hotel developments left to sell, in Beverly Hills and Chicago. Wanda is attempting to address balance sheet issues and faces a $510 Million repayment in March. Their liquidity problems right now are so acute that they may even be forced to sell shares of their stake in AMC if they can't make any further sales.

Quote:
I'd suggest putting more info next time you make people believe that Wanda sold off all of their hotel assets which is very far from the truth.

Harsh considering I think you're wrong. Wanda had about six or seven overseas hotel projects prior to the beginning of the divestment last fall. Of those they sold off the London and Australian properties. The separately sold Turkish and Malaysian properties to R&F Properties & Sunac as part of a sale of 77 or so hotels that Wanda will continue to operate but not own. That just leaves the properties in Beverly Hills and Chicago.

In addition to that, the management company that oversees the hotels was bought by from Dalian Wanda Commercial Properties by Wanda Hotel Development Company with the former planning on shifting from a property developer to a property manager.

Sources:

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/deve...p-now-a-seller

Wanda said in a statement that it is offloading 91 percent of 13 “cultural tourism projects,” a term usually reserved for theme parks and leisure complexes, as well as 76 hotels. After the sale, Wanda will retain an operating and managing relationship with the projects. Wanda is shedding select assets as it prepares to build at least 20 cultural projects around China, with company owner Wang Jianlin expressing his desire to lead a “wolf pack” of parks to surpass Walt Disney Co. Currently, three of Wanda’s parks are completed, with the rest under construction.

http://iis.quamnet.com/media/IRAnnou...02930013-0.PDF

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...jects-jcio63f0

https://www.wanda-group.com/2017/latest_0926/1720.html

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 5:27 PM

So they'll possibly still occupy the Vista with a Wanda-branded hotel (and also manage it). I'm wondering what the terms of the construction loan are for the various parties. From what I've read about the financing, Wanda helped Magellan secure the loan, and both Wanda and Magellan were seeking equity partners to fulfill $300MM of the $1B cost ($700MM of which is coming from the construction loan, and I don't know who holds what portions of that debt).

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 4:54 PM

I’m sure everyone realizes this is the elephant in the room, but I’ll address it. Does this mean construction could stop and possibly the building as a whole? If Wanda’s selling this, are they selling the completed building, or Vista in its current state?

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
I’m sure everyone realizes this is the elephant in the room, but I’ll address it. Does this mean construction could stop and possibly the building as a whole? If Wanda’s selling this, are they selling the completed building, or Vista in its current state?
Lol, read this thread dude, no one is not addressing it. As has been said over and over again, there is a ZERO PERCENT chance of this project stopping. There is bank financing already in place and that wouldn't have happened if there weren't all the equity required to finish it also sitting safely in escrow at a title company. No matter what the Chinese Communist Party decrees, they aren't going to be clawing money out of title escrows int he United States. Also Magellan has the resources to build this whole thing on their own if they wanted to, so even if the loan weren't already locked and loaded, it would still likely not be in any jeopardy.

It amazes me how so many people can keep asking this question over and over again, people who are apparently on this site all the time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture