HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Keep in mind dead zones exist because there isn't enough activity on the street. More activity on the street --> higher property values --> more incentive to build skyscrapers. OTOH if you try to overextend commercial spaces before the market is ready, that'll also create dead zones.

Wilmington is a quiet city, particularly from the eyes of someone used to Center City.
I guess so too. But I'm just saying it's been a long time since we've had much impact on the skyline and considering that lots of cities all over the place are getting crazy skyscraper booms, it would be great if Wilmington is able to.

I do have some questions on your opinions:

1.) How much impact would you think a downtown/riverfront mall would make on deadzone? I think it would be cool but at the same time, we've got christina mall and concord mall that are a few miles out of the city.

2.) How come a residential/hotel tower say 15-20 floors would not impact a deadzone as much as a 6 story residential/hotel building according to you? To me, the taller one would be more money but wouldn't it still attract residents and give them better views, it would impact the skyline, and say the bottom had some retail shops, that would attract people possible too. Wouldn't that do just as much as a 6 floor just residential building?

3.) How many deadzones would it really take to help Wilmington and for them to be able to build tons of more towers? Cause there's only so much space and the deadzone projects all look to take all space on where a skyscraper could be built?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations