HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 4:08 PM

Let's hope it gets built.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
The architect's 3D visualization rendering sucks - they really need to outsource it.

I'm guessing the architect wants to use pyrolytic coated glass for better solar control. This gives the glass a green hue (which is actually more blue). If this is the case, the glass color is similar to the below samples when finished.

Personally, I think it's a pretty cool look. And looking at the preliminary floor plan... those corner units with the curved glass are going to be BAD ASS.
Thanks for the perspective. If the finished product looks anything like the linked Vancouver 3 Harbour Green building, I would definitely be on board.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 5:21 PM

Wink

Quote:
The architect's 3D visualization rendering sucks - they really need to outsource it.

I'm guessing the architect wants to use pyrolytic coated glass for better solar control. This gives the glass a green hue (which is actually more blue). If this is the case, the glass color is similar to the below samples when finished.

Personally, I think it's a pretty cool look. And looking at the preliminary floor plan... those corner units with the curved glass are going to be BAD ASS.
I agree- The rendering doesn't do a great job but Bruder has a very distinctively Phoenix style and I think this building will be a great addition. I can't believe you guys aren't more excited about the green! This is how we end up with a bunch of brown and beige buildings.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 5:36 PM

I really do hope this one gets done. I have heavily guarded optimism on the building due to the owner of the parcel being a relative unproven factor and bruder's history of designing high rises which are never built.

The building will really make a unique mark on the city and will overall raise the bar for future buildings. This is how competitive architecture in a city begins.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 5:52 PM

Well, what is the next step in us knowing if it will truly move forward? I too hope so. This building gives a unique look and would be a nice addition for forward thinking building designs. Variety is needed!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 5:58 PM

disregaurd

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 6:03 PM

I think the step at which we know it's happening is when we see dirt moving. Many buildings make it through permitting process and some even acquire financing and still aren't built.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
Well, what is the next step in us knowing if it will truly move forward? I too hope so. This building gives a unique look and would be a nice addition for forward thinking building designs. Variety is needed!

The next step is the 15 story hotel portion of the Arizona Center development starting construction, on time, in April. It will be a really good sign if that moves forward without a hitch.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 7:55 PM

Thanks Fawd.... I always look forward to your posts!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 11:43 PM
Modulator

Well, the design is pretty cool. But at 294', it is not the 2nd tallest residential in Arizona as they advertised. The Cityscape Residences are 297'. I was hoping for something in the range of 340' to make it competitive with the Link.

Oh well. At least it's architecturally significant IMO. I think we need more distinctive colors like this in town. I'm sure the final renderings are going to look far superior to this rough cut.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Development Description:
294' is very very disappointing. That is not as advertised. That's not even taller than the tower in Tempe which is about 345'. The height is extremely weak, but whatever it adds density I suppose.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
294' is very very disappointing. That is not as advertised. That's not even taller than the tower in Tempe which is about 345'. The height is extremely weak, but whatever it adds density I suppose.
They only advertised 31 story's and "second tallest residential" but once link blew in out of nowhere I think that "second tallest residential" promise got kind of screwed.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
Because the building isn't 'over the top', much more of a chance that it will actually be built.

I'll take this ALL DAY LONG. Density, density, density!!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 5:51 PM

Almost 300 ft is awesome. Having a unique look, awesomer. More peeps downtown to support other businesses, awesomest!!!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 9:35 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
They only advertised 31 story's and "second tallest residential" but once link blew in out of nowhere I think that "second tallest residential" promise got kind of screwed.
But even without Link, it would be the 3rd tallest residential in AZ. I'm wondering if it got scaled back?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 4:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
But even without Link, it would be the 3rd tallest residential in AZ. I'm wondering if it got scaled back?
AZ Center (Palmcourt Tower) would be the 4th tallest residential in AZ without Link and 5th tallest if you do include it:

1) 44 Monroe - 380'
2) Link ~ 350'
3) West 6th II - 345' (Tempe)
4) Residences at CityScape - 297'
5) Palmcourt Tower ~ 294

If you meant 3rd tallest residential in PHX, then you're correct. With Link however, it looks like it'll be 4th/5th tallest depending on how you're counting. Either way, I agree it's going to add to the density and diversity of downtown Phoenix.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
AZ Center (Palmcourt Tower) would be the 4th tallest residential in AZ without Link and 5th tallest if you do include it:

1) 44 Monroe - 380'
2) Link ~ 350'
5) Palmcourt Tower ~ 294

If you meant 3rd tallest residential in PHX, then you're correct. With Link however, it looks like it'll be 4th/5th tallest depending on how you're counting. Either way, I agree it's going to add to the density and diversity of downtown Phoenix.
Good point guys, at the end of the day I'm happy it is getting built and it'll look pretty cool in the skyline regardless.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2017, 6:12 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post

1) 44 Monroe - 380'
2) Link ~ 350'
5) Palmcourt Tower ~ 294

Oh yeah. I forgot to count 44 Monroe!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 3:19 AM

Took a walk around AZ Center today to check out the interior and the use of green accents RonnieFoos was talking about. Looks cool!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 3:30 AM
Modulator

Thanks for posting the pics! I went through there after work. I think the AZ Center renovation is looking better than I thought it would. On that note, does anyone know if the gardens and artificial stream were going to be included in the renovation? I'm hoping at least new rock and gravel.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest