HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 2:16 AM

I really feel bad for the owner of that little house. The poor guy's property value was completely destroyed by this building. I remember the place was for sale for a while at a pitifully low price for the South End. I know you have no right to prevent your neighbour from developing their land and there is an approval process for a reason etc etc, but still... this one was pretty harsh... Now if the developer bought the guy out or something (I don't know who bought the place or owned it orginally) then maybe it ended up okay.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 3:15 AM

I believe the developer did offer to buy the house so that there would be better access to the underground parkade and a bigger building footprint.

I think greed got in the way... either too low of an offer or too high an asking price. you pick. Old fashioned pissing contest.

I do know that once the developer decided not to buy, they spent considerable time, effort and money to insure that when they dug out the underground that the house would not be comprimised.

Last edited by hali_toones; Jun 20, 2009 at 3:31 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth