HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted May 24, 2009, 12:32 AM

I've been informed that apparently EHS is moving their base out of the Lady Hammond Road fire station, and this will be their new base for the north end.

Old Posted May 25, 2009, 11:27 AM

My gf's famliy leases a depot to EHS in St.Peter's. I believe they sign and renew on a 5 year lease. I'm not sure if this is common practice province-wide, but given the fairly extensive renovations to the building on Argicola, I'd be surprised if it were any less.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
Closed account

Not that it's a surprise, but allnovascotia.com has confirmed that this project is dead and that the ambulance provider now has a 15-year lease on that site.

Developer has left open the possibility of continuing with the project on another site if the economy improves.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 4:39 PM

RIP McCully Worklofts.

Hopefully the developer can find another good location for this on Agricola or Gottingen.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 4:10 PM

Are there any similar office condo projects planned in Halifax?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 7:45 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

I wonder if it's possible that this could be resurrected once the lease is up on this site, assuming it's up in 2014 or so..?

This neighbourhood is already much more desirable than it was in 2009. It is too bad that redevelopment along Agricola has been very slow. This project, the original NSLC project, and the Dave's Bottle Exchange project all seem to have fizzled. There have been some nice restoration projects but Agricola could use some mid-sized buildings to bring up densities and give it a bit more focus.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I wonder if it's possible that this could be resurrected once the lease is up on this site, assuming it's up in 2014 or so..?

This neighbourhood is already much more desirable than it was in 2009. It is too bad that redevelopment along Agricola has been very slow. This project, the original NSLC project, and the Dave's Bottle Exchange project all seem to have fizzled. There have been some nice restoration projects but Agricola could use some mid-sized buildings to bring up densities and give it a bit more focus.
It might be better for them to wait and see what comes from the Regional Centre LUB/MPS project? There is the potential that higher density could occur, which could allow for a bigger version?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth