HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
Does anyone know what they're building on South Carrollton across from Daughters of Charity/next to Wendy's?
Wasn't that supposed to be a Domino's with a drive-through? I feel like I saw that a long time ago.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 6:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
Wasn't that supposed to be a Domino's with a drive-through? I feel like I saw that a long time ago.
yeah lol

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 6:37 PM
-

Quote:
Updates on the process of selecting food outlets in the new terminal:
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...r_orleans_news

Two groups were recommended and need approval. They collectively proposed several restaurants, including Leah's Kitchen (like Leah Chase), Folse Market (John Folse), Bar Sazerac, Pizza Domenica, Johnny Sanchez, Angelo Brocato, PJs Coffee, Mondo (Susan Spicer), MoPho, Ye Olde College Inn, Cure, Emeril's Table, Willie Mae's, Starbucks, Burger King, Auntie Anne's, Panda Express, and Lucky Dogs. In my opinion a fantastic mixture of options - and all available to all travelers with the new design!

Now I'm concerned with how the renderings show the main airport structure without the slatted wood ceilings that were a signature part of the design. Hoping that's just to simplify the background and feature the food outlet in their rendering though.

wow the airport is definitely going for it.. this will win awards for food offerings

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 7:05 PM

It looks like a big improvement on food selection. My understanding is that some of the costlier elements of the design were axed in favor of more space. Something like 100K sf were added to the gate areas to accommodate larger planes. Plus they're already planning a third concourse - hopefully that will include more retail as well.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 7:26 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
It looks like a big improvement on food selection. My understanding is that some of the costlier elements of the design were axed in favor of more space. Something like 100K sf were added to the gate areas to accommodate larger planes. Plus they're already planning a third concourse - hopefully that will include more retail as well.
if you look at many of the additional renderings it shows wood paneling on the roof

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 7:32 PM
-

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 8:03 PM

If you compare with the older renderings, there were a lot more wood architectural features:

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2015/12/armstrong_airports_807_million.html

The design and buildout of the concession areas will be the responsibility of the operators and was a factor in the choice of the concession groups. That's why they are showing such elaborate designs in the restaurant renderings.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 8:11 PM
-

Quote:
If you compare with the older renderings, there were a lot more wood architectural features:

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2015/12/armstrong_airports_807_million.html

The design and buildout of the concession areas will be the responsibility of the operators and was a factor in the choice of the concession groups. That's why they are showing such elaborate designs in the restaurant renderings.
it just looks like the restaurant buildouts with wood roofing dont show the wood on ceiling in middle becasue that would look ugly. you dont want wood paneling under wood paneling.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 8:25 PM
NOLA Razorback

Aiport

Jesus the airport is going to become a food destination.. That's nuts! It's the exact opposite in the best way of our current airport/food offerings

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 11:06 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
Jesus the airport is going to become a food destination.. That's nuts! It's the exact opposite in the best way of our current airport/food offerings
Seriously if they pull this off we might be looking at the first foodie destination airport in the world.. there are some restaurant spaces still not shown and of course the retail is coming along ... the bids for that were due end of december

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 5:58 AM
TL;DR

Haha... tourists, skip the cab fare to the Quarter and just take a vacation to MSY!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 3:19 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Haha... tourists, skip the cab fare to the Quarter and just take a vacation to MSY!

If they add a Cafe Dumonde Id agree!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
If they add a Cafe Dumonde Id agree!
With how willing they've been to have multiple locations in the area (like Lakeside), I don't think that's much of a stretch.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 2:48 AM
-

Quote:
With how willing they've been to have multiple locations in the area (like Lakeside), I don't think that's much of a stretch.
just read one of the losing bidders had a cafe du monde... however its such an iconic new orleans brand i could see one fo the winning bidders trying to add them

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 2:09 PM

World Trade Center

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...incart_gallery

Did I miss something? I thought they couldn't start any work until after the new case is dismissed.
I must have skipped over the first paragraph that explicitly says construction hasn't started.

Last edited by prettyboyfloyd; Jan 14, 2017 at 5:17 PM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 7:46 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...incart_gallery

Did I miss something? I thought they couldn't start any work until after the new case is dismissed.
I must have skipped over the first paragraph that explicitly says construction hasn't started.
while its not actual contruction it does seem to indicate a good amount of confidence in them prevailing this coming week

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 2:19 PM

Smoothie King is another pretty glaring missing element from the food/beverage lineup. Local company that seems to be one of the most popular existing vendors. They must be the most productive existing vendor in terms of sales per square foot. And all they need is a kiosk to operate.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 4:34 PM

I was also surprised to not see Smoothie King. That's one of my go to places when I'm waiting to board a flight.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeburgerCheeburger View Post
Smoothie King is another pretty glaring missing element from the food/beverage lineup. Local company that seems to be one of the most popular existing vendors. They must be the most productive existing vendor in terms of sales per square foot. And all they need is a kiosk to operate.
I agree they should be included at the airport along with Cafe du Monde. I could definitely see them being added for the third concourse, which was approved to go ahead after concession bids went out. Raising Cane's would be another local-ish place that could be added, although I rather miss the Popeye's since it was removed from the current terminal

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 9:11 PM
-

Quote:
I agree they should be included at the airport along with Cafe du Monde. I could definitely see them being added for the third concourse, which was approved to go ahead after concession bids went out. Raising Cane's would be another local-ish place that could be added, although I rather miss the Popeye's since it was removed from the current terminal
all these could be added if one of the winning bidders wanted them I suppose. Smoothie King, cafe Du Monde and raising canes make sense from a local point of view. however, during the bidding phase all these places needed to sign on with one bidder. So id definitely bet someone like cafe Dumonde will be sought after now that the biding phase is over.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations