HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabcom View Post
In the 2000's actually. When I was living there, I was thinking maybe it was me and not really the city that had issues. But then I talked to other people who moved there from somewhere else, and they had the same complaints. Also, I'm currently living in the DC area and have noticed a significant improvement. Are you from Boston? You seem to be very defensive for some reason.
how did you guess? Yes and grew up in the worst times of the city and witnessed the changes not only in appearance but in it's people and attitudes . I'm sorry that you feel that way, nothing is 100% and every place has it's issues but i can tell you Boston and it's people have worked very hard at becoming a welcoming and inclusive city. I bristle when i hear people still say it's a racially divided city. I've been around the block and to many cities and have talked to many in each and I'm blown away thinking this is the crap i used to hear people say in the 60's and 70's and NEVER hear that anymore at home, thank God. So, again, sorry you and your crowd didn't feel welcome.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2016, 11:11 PM
It could be worse!

Great photos, shappy! I enjoyed my only trip to Boston back in 2003 and have similar impressions to yours of the city.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
how did you guess? Yes and grew up in the worst times of the city and witnessed the changes not only in appearance but in it's people and attitudes . I'm sorry that you feel that way, nothing is 100% and every place has it's issues but i can tell you Boston and it's people have worked very hard at becoming a welcoming and inclusive city. I bristle when i hear people still say it's a racially divided city. I've been around the block and to many cities and have talked to many in each and I'm blown away thinking this is the crap i used to hear people say in the 60's and 70's and NEVER hear that anymore at home, thank God. So, again, sorry you and your crowd didn't feel welcome.

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Like I said before, it's not all bad, but more of a mixed bag. Again, the city has a beautiful urban environment, some top institutions, and lots of very smart people. Having said that though, there are too many people in Boston who are standoffish and rude, and it was a major turnoff for me. I've had too many experiences in the city where many whites viewed with me suspicion and anger, and if I was the only minority in the room, everyone else would tense up and quiet down. Too awkward! It's like a different world in DC. People are much more welcoming and friendly here, and much more open when I meet a new crowd.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 5:21 PM
Gatinois et fier

beautiful!

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 300 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos