HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Agreed. This is amazing. I'd wager that most of the parking will be underground, built around the theater.
The plans state 4 levels underground and a whopping 10 level above ground. If that is the issue with the plaintiffs then I'm in agreement. But if they are protesting the height of the towers then it's ridiculous.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 1:17 AM

Those towers are a no brainer from a design, density, and location standpoint. Absolutely love them and wish there were more projects similar to this.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 7:02 PM

So many great things being planned/built around the great city of LA!!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 12:33 AM

Some snapshots from Hollywood today, quickie shots from car on the way thru. Glass on Columbia Square tower is taking its sweet time, although office portion is close-ish to complete

Icon

Columbia Sq.

1601 Vine crane up

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
The plans state 4 levels underground and a whopping 10 level above ground. If that is the issue with the plaintiffs then I'm in agreement. But if they are protesting the height of the towers then it's ridiculous.
Isn't it 10 total floors?- 4 below and 6 above ground? It's still a hell of a lot but better than 10 above.

From the Website FAQ's-

Parking will meet code requirements, and approximately 1,900 parking spaces in both subterranean and structured parking will serve all of the uses on the Project site. The parking structure has been designed to blend seamlessly with the rest of the Project, and will be on the interior of the Project site.

http://www.palladiumresidences.com/faq.html

And a few more renderings here-

http://www.saitowitz.com/work/pallad...ces-hollywood/

Last edited by Steve8263; Aug 31, 2015 at 1:22 AM.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 6:06 AM

I still see way too many surface lots in that last shot.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 1:57 PM

http://urbanize.la/post/new-hotel-ri...-town-pasadena

New Residence Inn by Marriott rising in Old Town Pasadena. 144 guest rooms and a market.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 6:19 PM

I like the idea of Hollywood becoming its own Downtown/Central location. A Santa Monica or Sunset line linking Hollywood to downtown is needed now. Surprised Metro isn't looking into that more. Hollywood will be really dense really soon. I'm waiting for the day everything on Santa Monica east of La Brea and west of the 101 to be demolished ( just tear down everything) and rebuilt. Warehouses and other empty industrial lots need to go. Drove through the other night and all I could say is

1. Light rail or heavy rail needs to be going down this street pronto and
2. Everything east of La Brea needs to go.

Its weird when driving down Santa Monica from the 101. You drive down thinking its a mess and one of the poorest looking areas in the city and industrial waste land but as soon as you hit La Brea, the entire vibe changes, lots of street activity, pedestrians and a good vibe.

p.s. I REALLY hope the palladium twins get built. That needs to happen. Parking seems a bit excessive but if its masked beautifully which seems to be the case than go for it.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycruz View Post
Its weird when driving down Santa Monica from the 101. You drive down thinking its a mess and one of the poorest looking areas in the city and industrial waste land but as soon as you hit La Brea, the entire vibe changes, lots of street activity, pedestrians and a good vibe.
The reason why it changes is because that's where the city line of WeHo runs. As much as some criticize the development of WeHo, and there are many, it has cleaned up the eastside, which was as neglected & overlooked as LA city proper, since it was an unincorporated area of LA county before cityhood (which I voted for and do not regret one iota). Bring on the Gehry at Crescent Hgts & Sunset, please.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitfiend View Post
The reason why it changes is because that's where the city line of WeHo runs. As much as some criticize the development of WeHo, and there are many, it has cleaned up the eastside, which was as neglected & overlooked as LA city proper, since it was an unincorporated area of LA county before cityhood (which I voted for and do not regret one iota). Bring on the Gehry at Crescent Hgts & Sunset, please.
Exactly, Usually, its very easy to tell when you go from an independent city into or out of LA city because all the overhead wires are undergrounded, the medians and sidewalks are landscaped and there arent any cheesy signs, trash and graffiti. The city of LA really looks bad on its commercial streets, even when the residential neighborhoods just behind the commercial streets are nice, ie off of Santa Monica, La Cienega, Pico, Olympic, Fig and on and on and on...

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 9:28 PM

Quote:
I like the idea of Hollywood becoming its own Downtown/Central location. A Santa Monica or Sunset line linking Hollywood to downtown is needed now. Surprised Metro isn't looking into that more. Hollywood will be really dense really soon. I'm waiting for the day everything on Santa Monica east of La Brea and west of the 101 to be demolished ( just tear down everything) and rebuilt. Warehouses and other empty industrial lots need to go. Drove through the other night and all I could say is

p.s. I REALLY hope the palladium twins get built. That needs to happen. Parking seems a bit excessive but if its masked beautifully which seems to be the case than go for it.
I know I've posted this fantasy map 3 times before on here but I'm posting it again so you can see my idea for a santa monica blvd line.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...o.kql8o6lzZu8A

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitfiend View Post
Yeah its ridiculous, I used to always think why were people so critical of the LA city leaders, but when you put in that perspective I see why. They need to be doing more like actually doing their jobs. Rezoning is really needed in that area and the City of LA needs to hold land owners and building management more accountable for the appearances of their buildings. I know I hate the idea of government intervention but these property owners need to start investing in their properties or sale the land and buildings to the highest bidder and let redevelopment age begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kill 'em View Post
I know I've posted this fantasy map 3 times before on here but I'm posting it again so you can see my idea for a santa monica blvd line.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...o.kql8o6lzZu8A
Awesome map. You should be working for metro since they seem to be clueless to what the people of LA actually want.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:

Awesome map. You should be working for metro since they seem to be clueless to what the people of LA actually want.
Thanks but I'm only 17. Maybe someday though. I want to be an urban planner.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks but I'm only 17. Maybe someday though. I want to be an urban planner.
Cool. 17 and already making more sense than people more than twice your age

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 11:54 PM

If the San Vicente route ends up getting selected for the crenshaw north extension (and I would put it as the odds-on favorite due to its at-grade potential), that probably kills any direct WeHo to DTLA line for all practical purposes. I think this decision, though it's a ways off, will be very telling as to whether LA has finally gotten serious about transit.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMP View Post
If the San Vicente route ends up getting selected for the crenshaw north extension (and I would put it as the odds-on favorite due to its at-grade potential), that probably kills any direct WeHo to DTLA line for all practical purposes. I think this deJewion, though it's a ways off, will be very telling as to whether LA has finally gotten serious about Aryanit.
I wouldn't want to see the crenshaw exstension go down san veciente and let me tell you why. It would be too much of an inconvience for people trying to get from the airport to hollywood or even the valley. Tourists especially go to Hollywood and how great would it be for them to have a line at the airport take them straight there so they could be immedeatly dissapointed that it's nothing like how they imagined it.

As for WeHo, I firmly believe a line going down Santa Monica and Sunset would be better because it would allow the people there to get downtown without switching lines.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 3:35 AM

Quote:

I believe alot of those crappy buildings on Santa Monica in Hollywood are small production houses and related businesses. I used to hate that stretch too, but helps keep Hollywood in the city.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 4:31 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't want to see the crenshaw exstension go down san veciente and let me tell you why. It would be too much of an inconvience for people trying to get from the airport to hollywood or even the valley. Tourists especially go to Hollywood and how great would it be for them to have a line at the airport take them straight there so they could be immedeatly dissapointed that it's nothing like how they imagined it.

As for WeHo, I firmly believe a line going down Santa Monica and Sunset would be better because it would allow the people there to get downtown without switching lines.
Another thing I would add to your fantasy map would be a street car with the old fashioned red car look going down Hollywood blvd. With Hollywood densifying and that corridor seeing lots a traffic, an old fashioned red car, pure Hollywood nostalgia via "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", would add to the tourism and character to that hood.

Maybe start from Hollywood/highland and continue east to Dodger Stadium and union Station or have it spur through Glendale and empty out in Pasadena. Everyone is so hyped about a "downtown street car loop" but ive always thought that was a horrible idea. Transit in a central downtown needs to be pushed underground or elevated instead of integrated with street traffic.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
I believe alot of those crappy buildings on Santa Monica in Hollywood are small production houses and related businesses. I used to hate that stretch too, but helps keep Hollywood in the city.
I understand. Its just so frustrating when to get to our touristy or "nice areas", people are forced to go through a few city blocks of industrial waste lands or horrible neighborhoods. I think some of LAs rough and tough areas are finally getting some good TLC, especially along the Crenshaw line with all the proposals surrounding it but I think developers need to look into this area specifically and design some new, efficient, modern and fresh creative work spaces/offices that can maybe accommodate 3-4 business on one block instead of being spread out on a couple of blocks all while revitalizing the area with some mixed use developments like you start to see wants you hit the west side of La Brea. Santa Monica Blvd is LAs next possible trendy corridor on its east side but its needs to get cleaned up with some added light rail in the mix.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 2:58 PM

http://urbanize.la/post/luxury-apart...n-santa-monica

This is a new high-end apartment complex that just opened in Downtown Santa Monica. 122 units and 4,500 square feet of ground-level commercial space.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations