HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:02 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
O-tac, don't take the bait man...
Some people make it too easy. Like Lucy and the football.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 11:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Yes. Boeser is a a Laine level talent picked in the later part of the first round, so bonus for us. On the bright side, Boeser will fully recover for next year and the Canucks will go even more in the shitter for the final stretch this year. Not even Edmonton will be able to out tank us now. 3rd worst record a distinct possibility. Let's at least get the second best d man in the draft.
Actually Boesar (#23 15' draft) is a lot closer talent to the to the Jets Kyle Connor (#17 15' draft), both rookies, Connor started the year in the AHL and has played all over the lineup including 4th line, currently at 22 goals, 19 assists in 60 games!

Boesar is nowhere near to the talent level of Laine, two 35+ goal seasons with 38 this year already, second to Ovy in goal scoring and playing 3rd line minutes for the Jets with the second PP unit. Laine is an elite shooter if not the best in the NHL right now!

Boesar has had way more ice time than either Connor or Laine with the crappy Canucks!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 11:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Yes, if you hold the view that Houston would have been a suitable landing spot for that franchise.
Well then maybe we should send the Flames packing down to Houston. I think that would make the league "better"

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 12:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
If someone in Houston wanted an NHL team - there would be one there. There hasn't been anyone in Houston willing to put up the $$ to bring a team there. End of discussion.

The existence of the Jets at the very least improved HRR with respect to what was being provided by the Atlanta Thrashers. The Jets have hurt nothing.

Except for the feelings of a few forumers from Edmonton back in 2011, and now apparently someone else from Alberta is getting their knickers in a knot.

Winnipeg has been slumming down the NHL since 2011. It's time to get over it.
It really was Albertans for the most part (some, not all of course) that were the most vocal about not wanting Winnipeg in the NHL. It's like it was some sort of prestige train of thought within their minds, where they felt Winnipeg was undeserving of being in an "international" pro-sports league alongside them (Calgary and Edmonton), which would somehow make them seem less important or "big-league".

It really was bizarre, and still is clearly.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
It really was Albertans for the most part (some, not all of course) that were the most vocal about not wanting Winnipeg in the NHL. It's like it was some sort of prestige train of thought within their minds, where they felt Winnipeg was undeserving of being in an "international" pro-sports league alongside them (Calgary and Edmonton), which would somehow make them seem less important or "big-league".

It really was bizarre, and still is clearly.
I can't think of any true fan who didn't want the Jets back you moron.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 12:35 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerstud98 View Post
Yeah I was happy to see a team come back to Canada.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 12:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerstud98 View Post
No real need for name-calling now, is there. I remember plenty of Flames and Oilers fans continually stating Winnipeg didn't deserve a team back, how it would hurt the league, Too small of an arena, the market isn't big enough, etc.

They existed, and clearly still exist as demonstrated recently by the Calgarian poster here.

Last edited by Pinus; Mar 8, 2018 at 12:51 AM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Actually Boesar (#23 15' draft) is a lot closer talent to the to the Jets Kyle Connor (#17 15' draft), both rookies, Connor started the year in the AHL and has played all over the lineup including 4th line, currently at 22 goals, 19 assists in 60 games!

Boesar is nowhere near to the talent level of Laine, two 35+ goal seasons with 38 this year already, second to Ovy in goal scoring and playing 3rd line minutes for the Jets with the second PP unit. Laine is an elite shooter if not the best in the NHL right now!

Boesar has had way more ice time than either Connor or Laine with the crappy Canucks!
Is this like Trump-level mind games where you intentionally spell an opponent's name wrong as a sign of superiority? It even has a catchy Trump slogan like "Crappy Canucks"

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 3:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Is this like Trump-level mind games where you intentionally spell an opponent's name wrong as a sign of superiority? It even has a catchy Trump slogan like "Crappy Canucks"
Oh look, another disenfranchised Leaf's fan! Not this year again, eh!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 3:46 AM

That made a lot of sense.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:04 AM

Winnipeggers aren't very good at smack talk.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:17 AM
BANNED

Quote:
We haven't had the same amount of time to learn the art of rebuttal about our hockey team for fifty-one years!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:52 AM

Quote:
No real need for name-calling now, is there. I remember plenty of Flames and Oilers fans continually stating Winnipeg didn't deserve a team back, how it would hurt the league, Too small of an arena, the market isn't big enough, etc.

They existed, and clearly still exist as demonstrated recently by the Calgarian poster here.
Realistically it was like 2 guys on this forum. Don’t use such broad strokes.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 5:41 AM

Quote:

Anyways, grab your dancing shoes and form a line. I got another future chart topper for you all to shake to:

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
The teams have hookers on retainer in every city. Winnipeg too for those desparate times
...really?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 8:09 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintzilla View Post
Realistically it was like 2 guys on this forum. Don’t use such broad strokes.
I'm not referring to this forum, although by the sounds of it, it was a problem here as well. I'm referring more to real life encounters I've had.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
You do realize that your Calgary flames are from Atlanta also right ? It’s shame the league allowed the Atlanta Flames to Ben moved to some obscure backwater town like Calgary and not moved them into another amazing market in the USA.

I do find it funny though that the jets are talked about all around the league but Your Calgary flames are never mentioned outside Alberta and Vancouver. The league respects the jets. They don’t respect your flames and their lack of leadership in getting a new arena.

Houston Flames here we come. Or even better the Quebec Flames. Least they built an arena
Are you trying to go full Oiler Blue Note? Beyond dumb luck in winning the NHL draft lottery to get Patrick Laine what have the Jets done in the 7 years they've been back in Winnipeg? Missed the playoffs 5 times, swept 4 straight the only time they made the playoffs. And now with the team finally having a good season you start chirping like the Jets are Stanley Cup winners, that garners a lot of respect all right!

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 4:35 PM

Dominating win by the Flames last night, too bad Buffalo ruined the shutout with 18 seconds left lol. Playoff hopes are still alive!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 5:01 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Dominating win by the Flames last night, too bad Buffalo ruined the shutout with 18 seconds left lol. Playoff hopes are still alive!
I’m less optimistic. Other teams still have games in hand and are still leading. We have to win like 80% of the games to make it. Based on their track record I’m doubtful. They should almost call it a day and get better draft picks.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 5:06 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
I'm not referring to this forum, although by the sounds of it, it was a problem here as well. I'm referring more to real life encounters I've had.
I'm sure you're amplifying those encounters too. You're clearly not impartial to them.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada