HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jul 23, 2008, 3:21 PM

Best bridge constructors

Looking for top bridge constructors in the world but mainly interested in Chinese ones..anyone?

if there are some pics this should be great

checked here but not sure about their scope

http://enr.construction.com/people/t...aCont_1-60.asp

Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 6:26 AM

the confederation bridge in eastern canada(prince Edward island to the mainland ), is truly a feat of modern engineering. also the guys who designed and built the bridge, while i cant remember their names at this time, are really something of a anomaly as far as advanced construction engineering is concerned. they them selves( they are father/son, family business type), who started small and learned about building bridges over a life time of trial and learn, techniques. they themselves have never actually acquired the usual degrees in bridge and construction engineering. so i have herd. also the techniques they use are theirs and they have come up with most of the signature techniques they use in their bridge construction. unique to their company, the techniques they use in fact are taught in canadian universities. so how about that. they have no degree, yet, you need to take a degree in bridge engineering that incorporates their home invented, bridge building, systems. haha just like the olden days hey!?! the builder comes first, figures out how to build a proper bridge. rewriting the book in many ways. finally when the system proves to be true and sometimes superior to many of the old techniques, then the technique is taught throughout the land. that's the way things should work. talented inventors coming up with new and exciting building techniques. i will research these people and some of the facts, that way i have the proper story here. after that i will return and give the real story with facts to back it up. right now i am just going on what i can remember from a news story i watched about 11 yrs ago when i lived in calgary. apparently they where building a big new bridge in calgary and it incorporated their signature stuff. so i may be out on some of the details. with that said i will make sure to post the proper info soon.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture