HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 2:44 AM

I think it is usually "mining, mineral extraction" ie oil and gas.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 4:29 PM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
for it, if only for the precedent. So far the only decent/buffered bike lanes we've gotten are on outlying streets in gentilly and lakeview, where nobody rides bikes.

We really need this high quality bike infrastructure in the denser neighborhoods along the river where biking has potential, even if traffic or parking lanes need to be cut sometimes.
+1

Edit:
Early stages of Iberville redevelopment near completion
http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...ear+completion
Quote:
The first new apartments being built at the site of the former Iberville public housing development are expected to be complete by the end of the year, according to the developers behind the project.
Josh Collen, vice president of development for HRI Properties, told the city’s Industrial Development Board on Tuesday that contractors are nearing the halfway point in construction of the first two phases of units being built on the site. Phases one and two involve three multi-family buildings, three townhouse complexes and the redevelopment of eight of the 16 historic Iberville structures that were spared from demolition last year.
HRI is working with the Housing Authority of New Orleans and St. Louis, Missouri-based McCormack Baron Salazar on a $600 million plan to revitalize Iberville and its surrounding neighborhood. The project is being financed through assorted tax credits, federal rebuilding money f...

Last edited by Eightball; Oct 15, 2014 at 5:45 PM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 7:42 PM

West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgray View Post
http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/loca...-end/17056233/

long neglected and now in ruins - I remember when West End was really clicking - they even had a comedy club along with all of the restaurants - so many people it was hard to find a place to park
Are there any drawings for the proposed restaurant?

Like you, I have great memories of the area. Two years ago when I was back to New Orleans, West End certainly looked desolate.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 7:48 PM

Deutsches Haus

Not living in New Orleans, I'm having trouble locating any new news on the proposed Deutsches Haus building near City Park. I know the commission wanted the plans changed, but I didn't hear anything after that.

I actually liked the proposed building drawings.

I have not been to this site in a while, so forgive me if this has information has already been posted.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Not living in New Orleans, I'm having trouble locating any new news on the proposed Deutsches Haus building near City Park. I know the commission wanted the plans changed, but I didn't hear anything after that.

I actually liked the proposed building drawings.

I have not been to this site in a while, so forgive me if this has information has already been posted.
I believe whoever was in charge of approving it had a fit of sanity and decided to let it go ahead.

And yeah, Mining basically means oil and gas. Should have made that clear.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 10:17 PM

I literally was almost hit by a car biking home on Baronne St in the CBD yesterday, which I'm blaming on my negative first post on this forum. So in response I decided to snap a shot of the Martin Wine Cellar progress on Baronne Uptown so as not to be such a troll.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 11:02 PM
life is good

Nice pics, thanks

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 2:26 AM
TL;DR

Baronne bike lane approved as a trial!

This is great. I wonder if they will restripe the street for the trial or just use orange cones/barrels? Either way, this stuff is dirt-cheap and it can be done in a day or two.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 5:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Baronne bike lane approved as a trial!

This is great. I wonder if they will restripe the street for the trial or just use orange cones/barrels? Either way, this stuff is dirt-cheap and it can be done in a day or two.
Im sure they will stripe it. Still wondering what they will do with the rest of the street thats left over.

Heres a link to the proposal for Baronne Street.

http://www.nola.gov/dpw/documents/ba...ry-and-respon/

Last edited by tennis1400; Oct 19, 2014 at 6:53 PM.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2014, 5:52 PM

1035 Tchoup Returns; Architectural Review Plans Filed

From Curbed:

Quote:
Friday, October 17, 2014, by April Siese

New plans have been filed with the city for a mixed-used building at 1035 Tchoupitoulas. The site of a proposed super luxury apartment complex with $8,000 two bedrooms, this Warehouse District structure — originally dubbed the Granaio — was unanimously struck down unanimously by City Council half a year ago. As for their latest plans, the group's current proposed project is looking like more of the same, only slightly scaled back.

According to the latest proposal, 1035 Tchoupitoulas would span ten stories with the first two floors used for restaurant space. 19 residential flats are set to occupy the third through eighth floor with the final two floors being reserved for a two-story penthouse, which we can only assume is for Joshua Bruno, President of the Downtown Development Group and Metro-Wide Apartments, who previously stated that he was all set to move into 1035 Tchoup way back when.

As for those proposed overhangs that gave the city so much grief, they're still being proposed at a total of "approximately 926 sq. ft. of enclosed living space." Given the limited 3,600 square feet of the site, the group already has plans for creative expansion so they can rent the most space, possibly for the most money. No word's been made on how ultra- super-luxurious these apartments are supposed to be but Canal Street Beat's got some current renderings to keep you guessing.

I'm just curious if anyone knows the specifics on Granio. Is it just me, or is the developer wasting his time if he didn't change much about the tower that got it voted down last time, particularly the overhanging floor space? Maybe he's hedging his bet that the newer councilmembers will vote in his favor? I think it's a nice project either way.

Kurt Vonnegut

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxx611 View Post
From Curbed:

I'm just curious if anyone knows the specifics on Granio. Is it just me, or is the developer wasting his time if he didn't change much about the tower that got it voted down last time, particularly the overhanging floor space? Maybe he's hedging his bet that the newer councilmembers will vote in his favor? I think it's a nice project either way.
I think Tennis might. Pretty sure Curbed lifted the info from his page.

Love the sig line. Classic Vonnegut.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 8:29 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
I think Tennis might. Pretty sure Curbed lifted the info from his page.

Love the sig line. Classic Vonnegut.
Yeah they always lift my articles from Canal Street Beat and my tumblr. At least people notice !

ALso , ist hard to know what the developer is thinking and if the alterations are something he addressed with other stakeholders. Id hate to think the guys is wasting his time again.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 2:44 AM

New Maps!

Bing just updated their satellite view of New Orleans. The picture was taken sometime during Jazz Festival 2014.

http://binged.it/1x2DWn7

Some new construction to note:

-Iberville project demolition
-Hospital development
-South Market District
-Carrollton Marketplace
-Costco
-Lafitte Corridor
-Yulman Stadium
-City Putt
-Lake outfall canal pumps

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 8:55 PM
-

Pictures from Today:

Was unable to take a picture since I was driving but looks like they started roping off areas of the parking lot for The Beacon!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 9:58 PM

Nice looking materials and streetwall.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 10:48 PM
life is good

KMart on Vets sells for 16.5 million
http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...s+for+%2416.5M

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 5:03 PM
life is good

Contractor buys Howard Avenue property for apartments
http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...for+apartments
(HMS Architects)
Quote:
A contractor planning to build 15 new apartment units at a warehouse in the Central Business District recently closed on his purchase of the property.
Contractor Beau Baudier has acquired the three-story building at 822 Howard Ave. and plans to convert the warehouse space into 15 apartment units. (HMS Architects)

According to Orleans Parish conveyance records, Beau Baudier bought the three-story building at 822 Howard Avenue for $1.61 million from Joe L. Morrow LLC. The building is next to WDSU-TV’s studios.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 2:20 PM
-

More pics of South Market from yesterday:

Following pics courtesy of User FenderOz:

The California Building:

Factors Row:

Last edited by tennis1400; Oct 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 2:33 PM
life is good

Factor's Row is looking sharp! Great pics FenderOz and Tennis

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 5:27 PM

Lots of progress on Factors Row and the California Building. Glad to see these buildings put back in use.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations