The Top of the Rock (cont'd)

DSC_0229 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0228 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0227 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0259 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0258 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0245 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0266 by QuantumX, on Flickr
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Jul 2, 2013, 8:53 PM
Honored Member

Part Shot!

I hadn't planned to be flying out of La Guardia last Sunday evening. The NYC Airporter that would have gotten me to JFK on time was full by the time I got to the stop. I had to take the next one and missed my check-in time by the time I got to the JFK. I missed the last flight to Miami leaving JFK that day. I went to the American Airlines resolution desk and there was a flight for Miami leaving out of La Guardia at 8:00 pm. I was placed on standby. NYC Airporter took me over to La Guardia at no extra charge.

It was kind of a treat because I had never been to La Guardia before and didn't know you could see Manhattan from there. By the time we were ready to board, there were 15 people on standby, but I was number one on the list. The flight was late and we stood on the runway for a good hour before takeoff because La Guardia was so backed up, but after takeoff, we took a flight path where we circled around and flew right over Manhattan. I had never seen Manhattan lit up at night from the air. That was a real treat! Time Square was as bright as a forest fire!

DSC_0250 by QuantumX, on Flickr
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Jul 2, 2013, 9:54 PM

Can't wait to see those night time shots from the skies! Beautiful set, the city is full of life as expected. Manhattan is obviously overdeveloped. The next step for this city is to begin expanding beyond the east river. Downtown Brooklyn and LIC are growing. I'd like to see some of that growth expand down the length of Queens Boulevard, from LIC all the way to Forest Hills, in a Wilshire-esque fashion. It's already happening, just not fast enough.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2013, 10:11 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxwood View Post
Can't wait to see those night time shots from the skies!
I'm sorry, but I had already packed my camera and the bag was checked. I didn't know that that was the flight path we were going to take.

Quote:
Beautiful set, the city is full of life as expected.
Thanks! I'm glad I was able to capture that and get it across.

Quote:
Manhattan is obviously overdeveloped. The next step for this city is to begin expanding beyond the east river. Downtown Brooklyn and LIC are growing. I'd like to see some of that growth expand down the length of Queens Boulevard, from LIC all the way to Forest Hills, in a Wilshire-esque fashion. It's already happening, just not fast enough.
Yes, I noticed some of this when I was there. You can see some of it in my photos from the ESB. I was amazed though at how much more developed downtown Brooklyn had become.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2013, 2:14 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

you are getting around - keep'm coming!

good call on top of the rock instead of empire state bldg, i like the views better.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2013, 2:23 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Great stuff!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2013, 3:21 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
you are getting around - keep'm coming!

good call on top of the rock instead of empire state bldg, i like the views better.
But I did both the Top of the Rock and the Empire State Building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColDayMan View Post
Great stuff!
Thanks!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2013, 10:48 PM
Meh

Great pics. New York is such a spectacle.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 4:47 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Great pics. New York is such a spectacle.
Thanks! There is so much power and energy on every street corner. These are a few of my favorite captures.

DSC_0064 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0163 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0047 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0049 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0062 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0111 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0134 by QuantumX, on Flickr

DSC_0150 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0253 by QuantumX, on Flickr

CSC_0251 by QuantumX, on Flickr

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos