HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 1:44 AM

Yeah that article hadn't been released to my knowledge when I first commented. You are right and expansion to 300 people is good... but it should have already been there. Now maybe they did make it to 300 by 2013 and the reduction was due to layoffs? I don't have the details readily available and am only speculating.

Overall I am cautiously optomistic that it will mean good things for Saskatoon. I don't think that we will get the full benifit of the merger having a large corporate office so close. I also don't think that Nutrien can ignore the concerns of our government and people becuase potash is to Saskatchewan as oil and gas are to Alberta and the government will find a way to get ours one way or another with taxes and royalties. Im simply just playing devils advocate here as there is a lot of doom and gloom comments posted about this topic and am dicussing what I hope to be the best case scenario when details come out.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Brad Wall tweet touting 15% more corporate office jobs in Saskatoon following merger.
Brad Wall should shut up already. Isn’t he done as a politician yet. He has no clue on how the private sector works and this from a guy who wanted to sell off SGI which would have effectively eliminated executive jobs and reduced a head office prescence from a big employer in the province. I hope this works out for Saskatoon but politicians should keep their empty heads out of corporate finance and mergers/acquisitions.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 3:33 PM

I agree TR but the problem with your statement is that PCS asked Brad Wall for support during BHP takeover attempt so you can't have it both ways. If PCS made a commitment for this support they should stick with it and Brad Wall is only reminding them of this.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 2:57 PM

we will see if they keep their promise this year

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ince-1.4537874

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 5:23 PM

Why would head of Canadian Retail be going to Regina???? Consolidate your corporate activities in Saskatoon Head office!! This seems like a very political move to keep the government centric folks happy about Regina.

I don't get it....let Regina be the centre of all things government and let Saskatoon be Saskatchewan's private business leader and centre.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Why would head of Canadian Retail be going to Regina???? Consolidate your corporate activities in Saskatoon Head office!! This seems like a very political move to keep the government centric folks happy about Regina.

I don't get it....let Regina be the centre of all things government and let Saskatoon be Saskatchewan's private business leader and centre.
I don't think this has anything to do with politics. Mosaic, Yara, and Viterra/glencore have retail operations based in Regina aswell. It only makes sense for Nutrien to establish one aswell

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post

Regina is allowed to have private employers in addition to government, just like Saskatoon can have government jobs like Saskatchewan Health Authority. Arguably Regina is the centre of Agribusiness in Saskatchewan. Some examples are Viterra, Mosaic, AGT, Yara, FCC, Brandt, Degelman, etc.

Also Nutrien Canadian Retail is Crop Production Services. This business has no connection to Saskatoon or the former PCS head office. This executive will report to the EVP Retail in Colorado.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan