HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 12:32 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx88844 View Post
The game last Saturday was electric - I haven't seen the student section that full or excited since maybe the West Virginia game in '08.

This week will be telling for both CU and Utah and might determine the front-runner in the south.

Utah has UCLA this week - after their not so glamorous win against Oregon State (a team CU blew out of the water in Boulder...we will blame Utah's lackluster performance on the rain), they might challenged by UCLA that is fighting to be bowl eligible.

CU on the other hand hasn't beaten Stanford since 1990 - granted this isn't the Stanford of last year - but it's still Stanford and I'm scared the game will end up like the USC game (Colorado unable to get the run game started, no rhythm in the offense, and ultimately losing the game).

I couldn't be more thrilled with the way CU is playing this year - it's great to not only be competitive but dominant in games! GO BUFFS!
Seriously? You aren't aware of Utah's injuries? The national press is. Whittingham never let's that info be public. Starting the third string as starters and having your 6th back be one of two back options, I'm truly surprised you appear to know so little about Utah

Good to see CO finally having a year like UT fans and coaches know CO can have.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2016, 12:38 PM
Honored Member

College Gameday: SLC on 10/29/2016

It's official: http://www.sltrib.com/home/4494300-1...eday-coming-to and http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/u...ty-for-uw-utah

Last year John Stockton was the surprise guest. With Washington playing Utah, any guesses of who may have the spotlight this year?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 4:25 PM

What a close game - it was a good one between Washington and Utah - it really fires me up for the season finale in Boulder!

I feel bad for Boise - but I'm happy that Wyoming gets to go bowling this year

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 10:59 PM
BANNED

Epic choke job Utes!!!!!

Kiss the pac12 south title good bye. It's really fucking embarrassing that a pac12 basement team like Colorado who has sucked ass since joining the pac 12 will reach the pac12 championship game before us. Clearly it just takes one lucky season of reaching it vs being good every year, but just not good enough. Story of our lives here in Utah local sports. Choking is how we roll here in the beehive state.
#thisiswhyihatesports

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 8:29 PM

I'm not gonna touch the previous comment....other than to say that Colorado is clearly not a basement team anymore.

On a positive note it's supposed to be close to 60 degrees on Saturday and Folsom will be a wonderful setting for a great game!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 11:24 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Now listen, Ute fans, the way you build a rivalry (when there's no religious hatred to build upon) is to screw over the other team when they think they can beat you, then rub their noses in it when they're down. You've already been eliminated from the Pac 12 South because you suck, but this game is the best opportunity yet to cement some good honest bitterness between our fanbases.

I will, of course, be rooting for the Buffs to literally rip off your helmets and shit inside them after blowing you out. But for the sake of our nascent rivalry you need to win this game. Spoil this for us, our one nice season in a generation. Win by 30 points and we will hate you forever. This is your shot. It's important.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 11:48 PM

^ well said

But I really hope they don't spoil it for us! I don't want to wake up from this dream yet!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 11:58 PM

Dear Utes, if you win, we will hate you always.

-Buffaloes
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 12:06 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Utah, please knock out the shit out of those granola-munching, chaunch monkies. Given that the Buffs are acting like an elite team again, versus pretending to be one, the pretentious airs being put on by the fans is becoming insufferable.

Though this is Utah we're talking about. The land of wild fantasies and crushed dreams.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
Dear Utes, if you win, we will hate you always.

-Buffaloes
Nothing would make me happier.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 3:03 AM

Go Buffs!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 6:28 AM
Denver

Buffs will smash Utah!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 1:40 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

I don't know Cirrus, I think the Buffs could win and the Utah fans might just hate us for 30 years. Two words: Rose Bowl. Someplace Utah hasn't been yet. How embarrassing will it be be when we get there first? Maybe the Mountain West will invite them back?

(I'm assuming the CFP is out of the cards. I'm playing for #2; going to LA for New Years would be more fun.)

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 2:53 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
(I'm assuming the CFP is out of the cards. I'm playing for #2; going to LA for New Years would be more fun.)
All the more reason to for at least an eight team playoff (I'd prefer sixteen myself). The narrative of CU fighting for the number eight spot and Utah as spoiler would be far more interesting.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Buffs could win and the Utah fans might just hate us for 30 years. Two words: Rose Bowl.
Good point. Hey, maybe Utah can have a rivalry with Arizona, since they've never been to the Rose Bowl either. That makes sense.

Come on Utah, we're the only ones trying.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 9:41 PM

I don't know if it is just me, but I just can't wrap my head around hating Utah. I like they way they play football, I like their fans. Heck I want them to do good in 11/12 games per year. I reserve my hate for teams like USC/ASU and now UCLA.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 9:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Good point. Hey, maybe Utah can have a rivalry with Arizona, since they've never been to the Rose Bowl either. That makes sense.

Come on Utah, we're the only ones trying.
Only took you guys FIVE YEARS to be "trying" while we have at the very least made bowl games and winning them 3 out of the 5 years since joining the pac12 while you guys were sucking ass and finishing dead last every year but now. Anybody can have one lucky season.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 10:32 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Only took you guys FIVE YEARS to be "trying" while we have at the very least made bowl games and winning them 3 out of the 5 years since joining the pac12 while you guys were sucking ass and finishing dead last every year but now. Anybody can have one lucky season.
Lucky enough to potentially be headed to the ROSE BOWL. Who cares if you're beating up on Boise in the Saltine Cracker Bowl? You haven't won anything worth winning since joining either.

It's hard to poke Utah without saying things like "Mormons are boring." It's true, and is probably what separates them from the easy hatred of the Children of the Corn. But it's just not PC to say it.

(And before you correct me, I know, I know, there was a Sugar Bowl in there. But facts can't stand in the way of cultivating a good rivalry. Utah is still vanilla as shit, so we can't hate them without some ignoring of reality.)

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trubador View Post
I just can't wrap my head around hating Utah. I reserve my hate for teams like USC/ASU and now UCLA.
Oh sure, hate on the LA schools. Everybody hates on the LA schools. That's like hating Alabama though. It's not a rivalry unless they hate you back. And too many people already hate them for them to have any energy to hate anybody except themselves and maybe Notre Dame.

Not sure I get why we're supposed to hate ASU, but whatev.

Anyway, you're just not trying hard enough. These are people who look east to see mountains. That's not how I was raised. It's unnatural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Yes yes, you're bad now so concentrate on past achievements. I understand that's the best you can do. History is a nice thing to pay attention to. Hey, how's that national championsh... oh wait, you never got one.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 6:42 AM

Quote:
Lucky enough to potentially be headed to the ROSE BOWL. Who cares if you're beating up on Boise in the Saltine Cracker Bowl? You haven't won anything worth winning since joining either.

It's hard to poke Utah without saying things like "Mormons are boring." It's true, and is probably what separates them from the easy hatred of the Children of the Corn. But it's just not PC to say it.

(And before you correct me, I know, I know, there was a Sugar Bowl in there. But facts can't stand in the way of cultivating a good rivalry. Utah is still vanilla as shit, so we can't hate them without some ignoring of reality.)
I wouldn't count my eggs before they're hatched. We were "potentially headed to the Rose Bowl" in our very first season, but we overlooked you turds and we didn't make it.

I don't think it's so much that Colorado, Washington, Wash St., are good this year as it is that outside of 4-5 teams, the rest of the PAC-12 really sucks this year.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West