HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos

Old Posted Jun 30, 2008, 8:11 PM

Downtown Burlington

Downtown Burlington

Original thread with comments: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=152571

The Hammer------>

Old Posted Jun 30, 2008, 8:20 PM

Great pics and looks like a very impressive and vibrant downtown.
Unfortunatly I have never been to Burlington just Oakville. Never really thought about Burlington, it was just the sorta place you flew by on the QEW on the way from Toronto to Hamilton.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2008, 8:33 PM
Closed account

Nice photos.

The thing that always strikes me first about Burlington's downtown is just where are the people? I was there a couple of weeks ago in the morning on a weekday, and it was a graveyard. These (fine) shots just emphasize this.

Make mine the Hammer: where people live and work and where there's tons of vibrant streetlife--particularly downtown. Burlington is clean and has a couple of nice condos, granted, but it lacks character and imagination. It has the feel of a banal movie set.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2008, 6:29 PM
Closed account

^^ To be fair, Burlington does have a fairly active (daytime) streetlife. It's later at night, when the seniors are fast asleep, that the city dies down.
However, during summertime, you're bound to find lots of life around the bars (Joe Dog's, Queens Head, etc) as well at Spencer Smith Park.

But yes, I agree, Downtown Hamilton is a lot livelier and has way more umm 'interesting' characters to watch

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Hamilton Photos