HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jul 24, 2009, 9:44 PM

CPC Items of Interest that aren't skyscrapers

Thought I'd start this thread due to not knowing where to put the following thoughts (Moderator: maybe you can find a better fit and move it to the appropriate spot?).

I was just browsing through the July 23rd CPC agenda and read the following agenda item:

http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/BU/...c2008_0103.pdf

Seems the residents of Valley Ridge have their knickers in a knot again. This time it's actually within their own community, but they were concerned about access, traffic, etc...all the usual concerns. I think this is a logical extension to the community and it adds an ER as a feature. That's gotta be a good thing. Yes, access is limited with the only entrance into VR shared with Crestmont and a second access would make thing easier on commuters, but which is more important: protecting an ER or paving over it to put in an access road? Methinks the former!

Speaking of Valley Ridge...the last time they were in a state of upset was when Chapel Grove was being considered. Whatever happened to Chapel Grove? Did Costco end up abandoning plans to build there? Anybody have any insight to the future of the Chapel Grove land?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2009, 3:28 AM

The Chapel grove plans are all dead from what I know. It's been probably 6 years now since the last update on that project

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation