HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

View Poll Results: What brought you to this site?
Accidentally stumbled upon it 37 77.08%
Referred from another site 6 12.50%
Referred from another person 5 10.42%
Media (Newspapers, TV News, etc...) 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 9:11 PM

I was looking for information on a super-skyscraper designed for Tokyo, and stumbled upon Nalyd's Skyscraperpage back in the day. Lurked for a while, and decided to join when I found the Calgary forum and wanted to comment. Became hooked on Calgary, and decided to move here.
Then when the Bow was announced, and some of the other big proposals, I made a quick night time future rendering that went over pretty well on here. Since then, I've made dozens of pictures, and made lots of interesting and helpful contacts in the architectural/development/planning biz.
This forum has a ton of talented and knowledgeable people in the industry, from city insiders to the numerous talented photographers. I love this place, checking this forum is part of my daily routine!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2009, 9:46 PM

I was doing a temp job for Calgary Transit back in the summer of '06 and I think I was googling to get some more info on some buildings I was posting pictures of on my flickr and I came across it. After that it was a HUGE distraction at work cause it was so addictive, trying to catch up on old pages info, even though I was just a lurker for a while, and still am a lot of the time. There really wasn't (and isn't) this kind of (mostly) intelligent talk and fabulous pictures anywhere else around on topics discussed here. Even though I no longer reside in Calgary, it's a great place to catch up on what's going on. I don't think I've missed a single page of the Calgary threads since I joined!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 5:09 AM

I was reading this thing online (I forget now) and it mentioned SSP. And I was like, "What is SSP?" So I googled "SSP" and from a quick scan of the search results, there was nothing that was significantly related to the article. So I googled "SSP skyscraper" and voila!!!!

EDIT: I remember now!. I was on Skyscrapercity.com. I went to the Calgary Forums and one guy said that everybody left SSC for SSP.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 5:23 AM
dvdktn

I googled "calgary future skyline" and got a rendering by CtrlAltDel. Then I started lurking the forum weekly and eventually registered. It's a pretty awesome website. Got me interested in architecture and urban planning.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation